Computer went CRAZY!!!

stefany 447's Avatar stefany 4474/24/15 5:52 pm
4/25/2015 2:44 am
DeJay's Avatar DeJay
my 6 y/o son downloaded a minecraft launcher from mineshafter then downloaded the TNT mod from this site. Ever since then my computer has has a mind of it's own... my first thought was taking everything off and sarting over but i can't figure out where all the files are. i'm not not a rocket scientist but i do have decent computer knowledge. somebody PLEASE help me out.
stefany 447
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/25/2015 2:44 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
DeJay
Alright. Aside from Mineshafter is a bad thing. Explain what's wrong with the computer?
04/25/2015 2:36 am
Level 31 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
If this sounds rude I apologise if it does, but if your son wanted to play minecraft this Mineshafter sounds like a virus filled torrent, and depending on where you live the laws on downloads of pirated games, videos etc may be tightened up.

Mineshafter...among the many dodgy minecraft clients and other things. My advice, if he wants to play minecraft, get him the official launcher and create an account (he can still play the game, get a skin etc but he can't go on minecraft servers). Oh and monitor what he downloads off the internet. Scan your computer for any security breaches or viruses if he's downloaded one.

That's why one shouldn't download a mod for minecraft off any random site, there's more "verified" websites that offer the actual mods such as here and minecraftforums which are two of the more reliable websites. Hope this helps resolve your problem with the minecraft client.
04/25/2015 2:11 am
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
*sigh* Mineshafter we meet again.
Solution: Try buying Minecraft.

Also people, I don't use Mineshafter... well maybe Mineshafter Squared cause like proxy client :p
04/25/2015 2:05 am
Level 25 : Expert Explorer
DionMBG
Maybe it is your son forgot to install Minecraft forge and well "CRAZY" means in this one minecraft crashes alot. and also tell your son to try using magic launcher + keep an eye on him, he may have downloaded malicious mods.
and i know alot of computers, so dont judge me.
Hope this works.
or buy a new PC or Laptop if its old or dosen't meet the system reqirements

Click to reveal
ACHIEVEMENT GET!: REACH 5km of Rail using TrainCraft
ACHIEVEMENT GET!: REACH 72 mods in Total!
ACHIEVEMENT GET!: RUN ON MINECRAFT 1.5.2 for 3 years
04/25/2015 12:51 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
devTravisPerson
ElectricMusiq
AzieIf you have a back-up from before it was installed, you could always do that. Mineshafter is not the official download for the launcher and I've never heard of it before now. Also, depending on what "TNT mod" you're referring to, there's a chance it may not be safe. We try to catch any and all malicious stuff that gets uploaded here, but sometimes things slip through. It might be a good idea to keep on eye on him when he's using your PC.

Due to the fact that it is a TNT mod, it can damage the RAM because of too many TNT block entities are exploding, causing the computer to...... Well, go "crazy".
However, I am not a computer expert but that's my guess.

You can remove the mod by going to %appdata% by using file directory, going into the .minecraft file and removing it from the "mods" file, and then restarting Minecraft again.

No. Just no. First of all it's a pirated version of minecraft. Second of all, exploding TNT will NOT damage the RAM!!!! Do some research!
04/25/2015 12:50 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
devTravisPerson
You let your son download something from a page that has TORRENT as a link for an alternative download?

Seriously?
04/24/2015 11:05 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
Derpymun
It has a mind of its own? What do you mean by that?

EDIT: Checked the website out, leads to a pirated version of minecraft :/ Download the real minecraft fromhttp://www.minecraft.net/download
04/24/2015 7:13 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Try getting Avast and Malwarbytes (get them from here https://www.avast.com/en-us/index and here http://www.malwarebytes.org/9/) and running them to check for viruses.
04/24/2015 6:05 pm
Level 27 : Expert Blacksmith
StingRay_FTW
I checked out 'Mineshafter' and it contains a link to a pirated Minecraft file. Assuming that that kind of people operate the website, I wouldn't be that surprised if the TNT mod file had some kind of malware or virus.
04/24/2015 5:59 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
ElectricMusiq
AzieIf you have a back-up from before it was installed, you could always do that. Mineshafter is not the official download for the launcher and I've never heard of it before now. Also, depending on what "TNT mod" you're referring to, there's a chance it may not be safe. We try to catch any and all malicious stuff that gets uploaded here, but sometimes things slip through. It might be a good idea to keep on eye on him when he's using your PC.

Due to the fact that it is a TNT mod, it can damage the RAM because of too many TNT block entities are exploding, causing the computer to...... Well, go "crazy".
However, I am not a computer expert but that's my guess.

You can remove the mod by going to %appdata% by using file directory, going into the .minecraft file and removing it from the "mods" file, and then restarting Minecraft again.
04/24/2015 5:59 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
"Has a mind of its own" Might be a rat virus. Shouldn't have downloaded minecraft from a dodgy website.
04/24/2015 5:57 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
If you have a back-up from before it was installed, you could always do that. Mineshafter is not the official download for the launcher and I've never heard of it before now. Also, depending on what "TNT mod" you're referring to, there's a chance it may not be safe. We try to catch any and all malicious stuff that gets uploaded here, but sometimes things slip through. It might be a good idea to keep on eye on him when he's using your PC.

Edit: What do you mean by "has a mind of its own" and "computer went crazy"? Are you receiving pop-ups? Is your PC shutting down at random times? What?
04/24/2015 5:55 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
ElectricMusiq
stefany 447Ever since then my computer has has a mind of it's own...

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome