Contest Suggestion | Smartest PMC Member

Dr_Steve's Avatar Dr_Steve5/26/15 8:28 pm
5/27/2015 5:14 pm
Punkamoar's Avatar Punkamoar
There should be a new type of contest that exists. The particular type of contest would be like a "PMC's Smartest Member!" or similar contest. The kind of subject(s) that are tested in the contest include (and are not limited to):

* Rules from the rules page plus some unlisted ones (for example infractions, site tutorials, etc.)
* If a member of PMC with that name exists
* How much do you know about Minecraft

However, there must be rules. So the most important rule is to be aware of requirements, and it is the players responsibility ultimately, even though some info may be volunteered by spectators, and also the player has no recourse if information is not given.

This is a rough idea for a "Smartest PMC member" contest
Dr_Steve
Level 43 : Master Creeper

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/27/2015 5:14 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Pretty much everything I would say has already been said, but here we go anyway.

This seems like a really bad idea. The judging would be impossible to judge fairly (or easily). Google could be used and abused to get answers to Minecraft questions, the rules could also be used to cheat.

Beyond the logistics, the actual contest itself implies that it matters who is the smartest or best at the rules/Minecraft. PMC is for fun, not being able to rub the fact that you got higher than someone else in a rule-competency test, or a Minecraft knowledge test.

It's just a bad idea, period.
05/27/2015 2:00 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
I think there's a pretty significant difference between the smartest guy on PMC, and the guy on the forums who knows the most about Minecraft.
05/27/2015 4:18 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
And the guy who knows how to use google.
05/27/2015 12:50 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
This would be a pointless contest...

I mean you may as well just give me the prize now :/
05/27/2015 12:11 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
Never ending weirdness and fake stupidity. Anyway, it could be extremely unfair, because a majority of everyone on PMC knows about the same stuff in MC, unless you are like brand-new.
05/27/2015 11:25 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I could see this as an unofficial, user-run thing, but not an official contest. All the official contests have been for physical content up to this point and I think they should remain that way because physical content is easier to judge consistantly. Additionally, I could easily see this generating talk like "the staff/judges think I'm stupid" when people don't win. Not sure how you imagine for everyone to be equal after a contest like what you're describing since tgat would pretty much mean not giving anyone a score or place in the contest, which defeats the point.
05/27/2015 11:35 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
Exactly.

Besides, how would this even be judged?
05/27/2015 11:38 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Vigri
What's 9 + 10
05/27/2015 11:46 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
21. You get my point. Judging can be super bias and anything else just doesn't work.
05/27/2015 12:53 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Vigri
I do although I just wanted to bring humor on the table.
05/26/2015 9:12 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Me, duh.
05/26/2015 8:53 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Taco
Mgreat
In my opinion this is most likely just going to hurt and annoy people. The problem is, the person who gets chosen for top will most likely not actually deserve it, and everyone else will be mad that they weren't chosen, especially those who are not even close.
05/27/2015 11:17 am
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
But here is the catch, there isn't really any winner, and even the not-so-smart people will still be recognized and be considered "awesome"
05/26/2015 8:58 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Narwhal
San The Panja
yup
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome