It's my contest! Yee! {100 subscribers!}

callistokrats's Avatar callistokrats11/13/14 6:05 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 27
12/28/2014 8:24 pm
callistokrats's Avatar callistokrats
Heyyo! I've decided to have my (I think) first official competition. This will be a blogging competition, because I think I would suck at judging skins, seeing that mine suck. I would say everyone else's is amazing and I wouldn't be able to choose.
Moving on then!
Here's how it goes:
I will give you the beginning of the story. You must continue on with it. It has to be AT LEAST 4 paragraphs, IF they are long paragraphs, 3. Here is the beginning.

I scurried across the wooden planks, clinging to the gold necklace. The wrags on my feet were clinging together by strings, so I felt every rough splinter and crack of the aged wood. The officers were nearly caught up to me, so I used my signature move, as I like to call it. When I jumped into the water below to swim off into my little cave, I expected to feel the cool plunge of water and bubbles surrounding me. Instead, I felt air. "What the..." I was very confused, and looked down to see my feet on top of the water. "But...How...What?!" How was I standing on water?!

Originally, I was going to make this a blog myself, but decided to have a little fun! I got the idea because I was playing Skyrim and went to Riften, and the guards started attacking me for a 1 septim bounty.
Friggin' Brynjolf, tellin' me to steal Madesi's ring... how the h*** do I fail at that?!
Anyways,
I will be choosing the judges, by messaging them. I guess whoever sees this first can be a judge, there will be 3. Me, someone, and someone. I am still deciding.

RULES:
You may not enter more than one submission.
The blog MUST start off with the sentence I have given you! BUT... If you would like to make that a paragraph starter, for example, instead of starting the blog off with that, starting the 3rd paragraph with that.
There MUST be at least 4 paragraphs, unless the paragraphs are long. I will decide what is long.
MESSAGE ME when you have submitted something. I will not know nor will I judge unless you message me a private message with a link to your submission.
DO NOT beg to be a judge. If there are already judges picked out by the time you read this, don't bother.
I WILL decide one judge now, and pick someone who reads this earliest. Don't repeatedly message me.
It MUST follow all PMC rules! This means no copying unless credit is given and the owner has given permission, no inappropriate stuff, anything.
DO NOT make this something relating to a show, book, movie, manga, game, etc. THIS IS NOT A FANFICTION! It is an original piece of work. (Just because I said I got the idea off of Skyrim, does not mean it takes place in Skyrim!) The ONLY game tolerable will be Minecraft!
HAVE FUN- Do not stress over this! I want this to be fun; if it seems like something hard, then just reply saying 'I would do this, but right now I'm busy; sorry.'

PRIZES:
1st- (IF I CAN MAKE ONE I WILL ADD A PIXEL TROPHY IN GOLD WITH '1st' ON IT)
Diamonds on all submissions (unless you have more than 100... I am not going on all 100 diamonding. I will go on the most updated 50 or so).
Subscribe from me!
Constructive criticism on 10 posts.
(Maybe?) Fanart skin.

2nd- (Again, if I can make one, a pixel silver trophy with '2nd' on it)
Diamonds on half submissions.
Subscribe from me!
Constructive criticism on 7 posts.

3rd- (You get the gist with the pixel art trophies)
Diamonds on half submissions.
Subscribe from me!
Constructive criticism on 4 posts.

(IF THERE ARE AT LEAST 20 SUBMISSIONS yeah right Jiffy you make that seem like it's possible THEN THERE WILL BE A TOP TEN PRIZE LIST)

Everyone will get a participation trophy and a diamond on 2 posts, and constructive criticism on 1 selected post!

Have fun, and THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 100 SUBSCRIBERS! It means a lot to me...Lately it's been a little crazy in my life, (of course not as crazy as others!) I quit piano lessons, but I had a huge conflict there. Decisions are hard, and only time can tell if I made the right choice. The first fish I got just died...I miss Dory. 7th grade hit me hard, I'm still missing sheets of homework...But you all have made a difference. When I looked at my profile, I realized that I had 90 subscribers! HOLY CRAP! Who knew I would get that far?! You guys make my day with silly replies, supporting comments, and sometimes a helpful pop reel! I love each and every one of you, whether you drink my milk, force me to get Skype, or let me draw a pig with a bat man costume! Everyone has made my day countless times, and not even realized it. Just...I can't say thanks enough.
Good luck in the contest!!

Submissions must be in by the end of November. Hopefully I remember.
JUDGES-
Batgirl
LostBedouin
JiffyPop
callistokrats
Level 17 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/28/2014 8:24 pm
callistokrats
Sorry buddy you're a little late :/ It ended on the 12th I think...I'll still read it though
12/28/2014 6:07 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
NovaCat3
12/28/2014 11:29 am
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
NovaCat3
When's the due date?
12/21/2014 5:16 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
JoaoPauloC100
12/21/2014 3:02 pm
callistokrats
Here's the contest winners
(even though only four people entered... don't worry, all of those who did will get a prize c:)

4th- mudkip45
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/ris ... g-contest/

3rd- Flamingo Lord
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/rob ... s-contest/

2nd- JoaoPauloC100
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/jiffy-contest/
I loved the ending. Bootiful.

1st- Chron
He didn't actually make his a submission, so here's what he entered;

I scurried across the wooden planks, clinging to the gold necklace. The rags on my feet were clinging together by strings, so I felt every rough splinter and crack of the aged wood. The officers were nearly caught up to me, so I used my signature move, as I like to call it. When I jumped into the water below to swim off into my little cave, I expected to feel the cool plunge of water and bubbles surrounding me. Instead, I felt air. "What the..." I was very confused, and looked down to see my feet on top of the water. "But...How...What?!" How was I standing on water?!

------------

"Maybe because it's ice..." retorted the chief officer, having read my mind.

Well, I was done for. The I knew that one day I would be defeated. Thievery was no way to make a living, but what choice did I have? I couldn't do anything. I was "too poor", "too dirty", "too crazy"... always too something. Never the way they wanted me. They stole from me the only thing I ever wanted, a chance at a life beyond my cave, a chance to be with other people. To be accepted. To make something of myself. So the only thing I can do? Steal from them, everything that matters. The look on that girl's face when I snatched her necklace... Her burning blue eyes. I don't know how to describe it. It gave me pleasure, guilty pleasure. But not the usual thief's remorse... I honestly felt bad, for a reason that I didn't understand, but I suppressed it. Love? I had never experienced it in my life, no one had every given it to me... Preposterous.

The officers snatched me up and took me away, farther away than I expected. I never did see my cave again... I wonder if anyone's ever found my stash. It held so many memories, sweet broken memories...

The one thing I did see again, though, was that girl. Those burning blue eyes. She came to visit me in my prison cell, which was right on the border of the asylum and the "special cases", as they called them. She gave me a stare that would've melted a wiser man, and uttered the two most beautiful words I have ever heard in my short naive life.

"Let's go."

I was baffled. I robbed this girl of something worth thousands, and she's freeing me? This couldn't be real. Before I had a chance to respond, she followed up her magical words.

"You stole away my greatest burden. This is the only way I can think to pay you back." I finally mustered up a response.

"B-b-burden?"

"Yes. That chain kept me from feeling emotion. I had no purpose, no reason, nothing. I was on the verge of insanity, if you could even call it that. Thank you." she responded.

"Where is chain now?" I asked, fearfully. Was in to carry the burden? I couldn't because I was scared. Isn't fear an emotion?

"Destroyed, at least that's what they tell me. I haven't seen it since you stole it away from me. You ready to go?" She answered, somewhat forcefully. Man, I was mesmerized... I knew that burden couldn't have affected me, because dang, I was in love...

"Of course, I'll go anywhere with y- Erm, yes. Where are we going?" I was so not used to this...

She giggled. "You're mine now, boy. You'll just have to wait and see."

And so, my thoughts were true. It was love. She ended up taking me to her home, a modest abode, and we lived there for as long as I could remember. We lived, loved, laughed, cried, screamed, fought, suffered together. It was amazing, and I wouldn't give it away for anything. It was too good to be true... What did I do to deserve this? Who was I to receive such care, compassion, emotion? I knew it couldn't last forever... And, well, it didn't.

After years of pure emotional bliss, things started to wind down. Love was a mechanical process, and life was a set of the same commands, repeated in the same sequence, always yielding the same results. I had never asked for anything, and she had never given me more than what she thought I deserved. Throughout our relationship, her blue eyes had always flared, seemingly brighter each and every day. But now... Why were they dying? DId I do something wrong? Did I feel something wrong?

Destroyed, they said. Gone forever, they said.

I woke up one morning, before most would ever think to rise, and got out of bed as stealthily as I could, hoping to not disturb my fading love. I checked the mailbox, expecting the usual letters and trinkets. However, I found the answer to our breaking relationship. Inside a crumpled package was an elegantly crafted gold chain, one that looked all too similar to the one that had created my life as I knew it.

I instantly broke into tears and slammed it onto the road in front of me, hoping for a vehicle to approach an shatter it. Luckily one came before I was able to return to my house. But as the necklace disintegrated, a spirit emerged from the chain. It was a beautiful figure, a blazing blue, but with voids for eyes. It looked around, confused. Finally, after a few seconds, it focused on me, and gave me an intense stare, whose magnitude I had only felt once before. I ran for my life, hoping to take comfort in the girl of my dreams, my once-radiant love. I burst into the bedroom, only to find the sheets empty of any warmth or life. I turned around and saw her standing there, her eyes darker than the blackest night.

She giggled. "Let's go."

I was done for.

Even though only four people entered, I loved reading all of them. Thanks so much for 100 subscribers, and to everyone who entered, mudkip45, FlamingoLord, JoaoPaulo and Chron! Make sure to look at all of their profiles. Again, thanks for everything you've all done c:
12/15/2014 9:37 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Grump
Art Dei Tech
I could join too, whens the new deadline?
12/14/2014 8:48 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Nyh
Forgot all about this, no worries I can jiffy one up right quick
12/13/2014 12:08 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
I sent mine to you, Jiffy. I'm not sure if I want to post it as an actual submission yet.
12/13/2014 11:51 am
JoaoPauloC100
12/12/2014 3:51 pm
callistokrats
If you guys can get it in by midnight, then that's fine.
12/12/2014 1:30 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
Never mind. I SO missed the due date. :C
12/12/2014 1:28 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
I'll do it! :3
12/12/2014 1:25 pm
Chron
I'm hoping I can get this done today. Completely forgot...
12/03/2014 2:57 am
Level 20 : Expert Taco
Ultra_Gaming
Go on
12/02/2014 9:34 pm
callistokrats
Once again, I'll push back the due date one more time. I swear this is the last time. Please (I beg of thee!) be done by the 12th of December. Remember to PM me when you make a submission! Thanks c:
12/02/2014 7:58 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
wdw4
Sorry, kind of forgot, Ill hop back on it when I get the time.
12/02/2014 7:01 pm
Chron
I'll give it a try, if you haven't already shut this thing down.
11/30/2014 1:26 pm
callistokrats
Uhm...I only have one entry so if no one else enters then someone is going to get a cute little pixel trophy I guess...
11/21/2014 3:28 pm
callistokrats
I would love if you did! The more the merrier
11/21/2014 9:03 am
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
wdw4
Might hop in...
11/20/2014 3:31 pm
callistokrats
I'm sorry, I already picked all of the judges. Everyone is welcome to join, though c:
So far I only have 1 contestant! Message me your submission when you make it
Otherwise, it will not be judged.
11/19/2014 9:59 pm
Level 46 : Master Lad
Quaffle82
Can I be a judge?
11/19/2014 8:55 pm
JoaoPauloC100
I might join!
11/19/2014 8:53 pm
callistokrats
Alright, thanks! I'm really glad when I hear that people enter, even if that's only 2... 3 if that includes Ambient Sound.
11/19/2014 8:11 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Fisherman
mudkip45
Sure, I'll enter. I guess blogging is my "specialty" (if there is even to be such a thing that I don't fail at xD)
11/19/2014 3:29 pm
callistokrats
Yes yes very very
I'm going to push back the due date doe.
11/19/2014 10:36 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Nyh
This seems intriguing.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome