Share your good gaming pc builds here!

amazingvenom11's Avatar amazingvenom114/24/14 8:17 am
1 emeralds 2.2k 58
4/26/2014 8:13 pm
Mgreat's Avatar Mgreat
The title says it all, after a recent flame war and a bunch of negative opinions, I'm here to change the idea sprawling around this post. After a good amount of thought, i am going to build my own gaming pc (preferably a small one) when i get to new york at the end of this year, but i need help with that, i am not a techy at all so i could go buy the crapiest piece of gaming tech out there and think its a smart idea. So, please leave your gaming pc builds or other gaming pc builds which are good down below, heres some information on the subject aswell about me which my sooth out your thought over what stuff i might need.

What is this computer going to be used for?
Gaming and a little video editing
What is your budget?
Up to 700 dollars, no more than that
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
Georgia, I don't know of any
Click to reveal
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.

What is included in the budget?
Click to reveal
(Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.)

Nothing else, just a gaming pc build which can play games like minecraft and sky rim at 40-60+ FPS (unless stuff like a desk and gaming chair count)
Will you be over clocking?
Click to reveal
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.

I don't know what overclocking is
Will you be reusing any parts?
No
amazingvenom11
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/26/2014 8:13 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Taco
Mgreat
Thread unlocked. And just a note to keep the discussion relaxed and friendly please.
04/26/2014 12:26 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
JammMusic
What a smart ass. Comes on planet mc just to try and wow us with your oh mighty knowledge of computers. Tell us more oh wise one.

Well, what do you want to know? I'm not trying to WOW anyone, lol. Unless you are getting wowed by me <3
SeghasJamm, you realize that Killertoad knows alot more about computers than most of PMC, right? So shut up because I'm sure your FANTASTIC, AMAZING, SIGNIFICANT knowledge of computersnothing will amaze the living crap out of us all.

+1
Randomness3333The Toad know a lot. Almost as much as I do. So Jamm please demonstrate you vast wealth of knowledge on hardware. I have a few questions. Which is better, a 7870 GPU or a r9 270? RAM with higher CAS latency is better right? And hitachi is the best HDD manufacturer, right?

+1 for smarts from the mastercat. Yes please, answer any of these few questions?
04/26/2014 12:14 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
The Toad know a lot. Almost as much as I do. So Jamm please demonstrate you vast wealth of knowledge on hardware. I have a few questions. Which is better, a 7870 GPU or a r9 270? RAM with higher CAS latency is better right? And hitachi is the best HDD manufacturer, right?
04/25/2014 11:54 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Seghas
Jamm, you realize that Killertoad knows alot more about computers than most of PMC, right? So shut up because I'm sure your FANTASTIC, AMAZING, SIGNIFICANT knowledge of computersnothing will amaze the living crap out of us all.
04/25/2014 9:06 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
zagejk
"I haz alienware wit 30 fps" -players on just cause 2 multiplayer
04/25/2014 3:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Rast
If you really want the size of a laptop go with the lenovo 510p otherwise 57's build is good, oh yeah thanks randomness like two months late for the computer build I used to build my computer
04/25/2014 6:05 pm
amazingvenom11
I heard laptops were bad
04/25/2014 9:00 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
They are, unless you absolutely need the portability.
04/25/2014 3:04 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
57's build is good but get this cheaper ram instead. Though if you aren't building it in the next week or so come back and get a build later.
04/25/2014 2:43 pm
amazingvenom11
EDITED THE TOPIC POST AND NAME, PLEASE CHECK THAT OUT
04/25/2014 2:14 pm
ChrisDia09
No, no it will not, skyrim is a very demanding game.
Believe me. I have finished it 12 times.
Hail Sithis.
04/25/2014 10:41 am
amazingvenom11
Nice to know thou, thanks for all the opinions so far
04/25/2014 10:47 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
ThouGreatness
Yep. Again, you'll get the best performance/price ratio by building your own desktop. If you're looking into building your own desktop, answer the forum that 57r4d gave you above, and the computer knowledge crew will set you up with the best parts combination for your situation.
04/25/2014 9:08 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
ThouGreatness
cn6620
amazingvenom11
57r4dI know this is a bit over, but if you wanted to take the price down, performance would suffer more than the savings is worth. This would run any game at 40+ FPS at high-ultra.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($112.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($45.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($33.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $633.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-24 14:07 EDT-0400)

DUDE, THANK YOU THANK YOU,your right about the prices, jesus, but how do you build it ? Im used to getting laptops which are prebuilt so… (IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY BUILDS TELL ME)

This is definitely a great build for what you want and I highly recommend it. I purchased a higher spec of this for £900 which is about $1,500 with the following specs and it can run Skyrim and Minecraft no problems at a minimum of 130fps on high quality settings on Skyrim. With the spec that 57r4d has provided I would expect you to be able to run Minecraft and Skyrim.

My Spec:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 (8-Core 4.0 Ghz)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS5X Performane
RAM: 16GB 1866 Mhz (4x4GB)
Hard Drive: 320GB SSD & 1 TB HDD
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
PSU: 750W Corsair RM Fully Modular
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus with blue lights

These builds aren't comparable... The 780 is WAYYYYY better than the 750 listed above.
04/25/2014 8:58 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder
cn6620
amazingvenom11
57r4dI know this is a bit over, but if you wanted to take the price down, performance would suffer more than the savings is worth. This would run any game at 40+ FPS at high-ultra.

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($33.98 @ Newegg)

DUDE, THANK YOU THANK YOU,your right about the prices, jesus, but how do you build it ? Im used to getting laptops which are prebuilt so… (IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY BUILDS TELL ME)

This is definitely a great build for what you want and I highly recommend it. I purchased a higher spec of this for £900 which is about $1,500 with the following specs and it can run Skyrim and Minecraft no problems at a minimum of 130fps on high quality settings on Skyrim. With the spec that 57r4d has provided I would expect you to be able to run Minecraft and Skyrim.

My Spec:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 (8-Core 4.0 Ghz)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS5X Performane
RAM: 16GB 1866 Mhz (4x4GB)
Hard Drive: 320GB SSD & 1 TB HDD
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
PSU: 750W Corsair RM Fully Modular
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus with blue lights
04/25/2014 8:21 am
DrStrad
[yt]d_56kyib-Ls[/yt]
04/25/2014 8:07 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
Dragonix12
Okay, so that is a definite no. I just looked up the specs for the proccessor on that, and it is even worst than Intel Core i3 processors, it is Pentium. I am running this computer with an Intel Core i5 w/ touchscreen and it runs about 60fps for minecraft and 40fps for skyrim. I got this for $499 on black friday, orginial price of $999, so I would recommend to get the best deals on the best laptops during november where Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Thanksgiving week sales are going to be cheap.
04/25/2014 7:58 am
amazingvenom11
Bump
04/24/2014 4:07 pm
Level 26 : Expert Modder
TheModMonster
DONT BUY TOSHIBA! listen to 57r4d!
04/24/2014 2:37 pm
Killertoad
Amsarian
amazingvenom11Ok, due to negative responses, what desktop build (it can be big, but preferably small due to lack of house space until i move to new york) could let me run those type of games at 40+ fps for less than 600 dollars

PS. Take any flame wars out of here guys, this is a opinion thread, not a flame thread

Yeah, apologies about the flame war, but whatever that person says is probably sarcastic. anyway..

Sarcastic? Dude you don't know what you're talking about, you're suggesting a intel hd graphics, over a APU, who does that?

Anyways @OP 57r4d's build is perfect for what you need, it'll run skyrim on highest settings at around 60+ fps.
04/24/2014 2:09 pm
DrStrad
I know this is a bit over, but if you wanted to take the price down, performance would suffer more than the savings is worth. This would run any game at 40+ FPS at high-ultra.

04/25/2014 11:12 am
amazingvenom11
Also could this play planetside 2 40+ fps in big battles or will I have to get the ps4 version when it releases?
04/25/2014 11:16 am
DrStrad
Yes, if you turn the quality down to medium or high.
04/25/2014 2:08 pm
amazingvenom11
ok
04/25/2014 5:32 am
amazingvenom11

EDIT: wait, how come u got a total price of 633 but i got a total price of around 680...
04/24/2014 1:57 pm
amazingvenom11
Ok, due to negative responses, what desktop build (it can be big, but preferably small due to lack of house space until i move to new york) could let me run those type of games at 40+ fps for less than 600 dollars

PS. Take any flame wars out of here guys, this is a opinion thread, not a flame thread
04/24/2014 2:08 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
Yeah, apologies about the flame war, but whatever that person says is probably sarcastic. anyway..

If you have a friend who is willing and knows how to build a computer, you could buy parts from eBay, making sure they're compatible, and then put them together yourself for a much cheaper price than building one pre-made.

When are you moving to New York? You could wait until then. I don't know the distance, but it sounds like Georgia to New York is a long way away and could be expensive to go to. And with the space part, they don't always take up a lot of room, unless you want to have a lit up tower or something.

You could save up so you can get the best you can find, or go bargain hunting on the Internet and computer stores. And do a lot of research, especially if you're going to build and this is your first computer to do so. And even if not, check several websites with recommendations about the computer you plan to buy before doing so.

Also, I can't recommend one because I built my gaming PC myself. But as I said before, check the specs for Skyrim, and then check the specs for whatever laptop/computer you're looking at, and check to see if the components are the same or better than what Skyrim needs. Because if your computer can run Skyrim at 40fps+, then it can run a lot more games smoothly too.
04/25/2014 5:42 am
amazingvenom11
Im moving at the end of the year, around august-novemeber, since i only make 10-20 dollars a week from chores, I'm planning to ask for like 100+ dollars so it could boost up my savings for christmas and my coming birthday in june, like you said, I'm not building it here, I'm building it in new york, i just wanted a heads up so I'm ready to get whatever i need in my new house there
04/24/2014 1:56 pm
amazingvenom11
Gaming
What is your budget?
Up to 600 dollars
Georgia, i don't know of any

Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
Nothing else, just a laptop that can play games
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Will you be over clocking?
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
I don't know what overclockign is
No
04/24/2014 1:55 pm
DrStrad
Answer the questions I provided and we can help you more.
04/24/2014 1:53 pm
amazingvenom11
nitlocminecraftcheck my post out for my server need builders for spawn helper will get 5 free ranks to give away

get out of here spammer
04/24/2014 1:52 pm
amazingvenom11
MaxFilmsYT
amazingvenom11The title says it all, I'm not really a techy so i wouldn't know but, i planned on getting a cheap laptops which could play games like skyrim at around 40+ fps. So i went on amazon and found this laptop, http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-C55-A5281 ... B00DXWFF3E

Please leave your opinions down below, i almost have enough money to buy it so i need to know if I'm getting what i bought (i know laptops aren't for gaming, but i don't have room for a desktop, so if you are just coming here to hate on people who want laptops, -snip-, 'kay?)

I have that exact laptop..................... its absoloutly -snip-! It cant run many games and you will be able to run skyrim but on low settings and on lke 10fps, to be able to run skyrim on a laptop its will cost around $1500 if you find an awesome deal!
well, thanks for the info… xD
04/24/2014 12:34 pm
DrStrad
List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Will you be overclocking?
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Any specific case preferences?
Size, color, etc.
Any other special features that you want in the build?
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi
04/24/2014 12:23 pm
Level 21 : Expert Taco
Chipmunks95
Definitely not Skyrim, maybe barely Minecraft so I would try to get a higher budget
04/24/2014 12:22 pm
Killertoad
Amsarian

Damn... all those years of studying ICT and then having that work experience in building and fixing computers, only to be knocked down by some person on PMC. You know, I can't tell if that's a joke or you're being serious.

Also in my experience, an i5 is better than anything AMD. Now maybe get back to the subject of offering a better alternative the the computer OP is looking at.

Which i5? There are some pretty crappy ones, are you gonna use that vs a high end AMD cpu?

And anyways, I'm not talking about the cpu, i'm talking about the igpu. Unless you're saying that their intel hd graphics is faster than AMD's apus....
04/24/2014 12:20 pm
Amsarian
Killertoad
Amsarian
Killertoad
No....A $400 laptop could run Skyrim on medium at 40ish frames...

I think you may have the currency mixed up there, maybe going for a country that's economically stable, because there is no way that something that cheap could run Skyrim. My work laptop can't even handle Oblivion and it was £299/$500.

The laptop the guy is planning to buy and this person already owns clearly isn't good enough to play even Minecraft on normal settings. It's a work laptop and nothing else.

I don't think you understand how hardware in computers work, More money does not mean More performance. Any A8 APU will blow away any intel hd graphics.

Damn... all those years of studying ICT and then having that work experience in building and fixing computers, only to be knocked down by some person on PMC. You know, I can't tell if that's a joke or you're being serious. Either way, you're incredibly rude.

Also in my experience, an i5 is better than anything AMD. Now maybe get back to the subject of offering a better alternative the the computer OP is looking at.
04/24/2014 12:14 pm
Killertoad
MaxFilmsYT
Killertoad
MaxFilmsYT
I have that exact laptop..................... its absoloutly SHIT! It cant run many games and you will be able to run skyrim but on low settings and on lke 10fps, to be able to run skyrim on a laptop its will cost around $1500 if you find an awesome deal!

I smell -snip-

And what do you know about computers? Nothing?
04/24/2014 12:13 pm
Killertoad
Amsarian
Killertoad
MaxFilmsYT
I have that exact laptop..................... its absoloutly SHIT! It cant run many games and you will be able to run skyrim but on low settings and on lke 10fps, to be able to run skyrim on a laptop its will cost around $1500 if you find an awesome deal!

I think you may have the currency mixed up there, maybe going for a country that's economically stable, because there is no way that something that cheap could run Skyrim. My work laptop can't even handle Oblivion and it was £299/$500.

The laptop the guy is planning to buy and this person already owns clearly isn't good enough to play even Minecraft on normal settings. It's a work laptop and nothing else.

I don't think you understand how hardware in computers work, More money does not mean More performance. Any A8 APU will blow away any intel hd graphics.
04/24/2014 12:12 pm
MaxFilmsYT
Killertoad
MaxFilmsYT
amazingvenom11The title says it all, I'm not really a techy so i wouldn't know but, i planned on getting a cheap laptops which could play games like skyrim at around 40+ fps. So i went on amazon and found this laptop, http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-C55-A5281 ... B00DXWFF3E

Please leave your opinions down below, i almost have enough money to buy it so i need to know if I'm getting what i bought (i know laptops aren't for gaming, but i don't have room for a desktop, so if you are just coming here to hate on people who want laptops, -snip-, 'kay?)

I smell -snip-
04/24/2014 12:10 pm
Amsarian
Killertoad
MaxFilmsYT

04/24/2014 12:07 pm
Killertoad
JammMusic
Killertoad
MaxFilmsYT
I have that exact laptop..................... its absoloutly -snip-! It cant run many games and you will be able to run skyrim but on low settings and on lke 10fps, to be able to run skyrim on a laptop its will cost around $1500 if you find an awesome deal!

He said he had the exact same laptop. Why are you even challenging him. Do you have that laptop? Obviously not. Although it is not -snip-', it definitely won't be able to play many newer games that is for sure, but all I use it for is MC so I'm good :3. Oh and $400 laptop 40+ fps? LOL.

No, I didn't say anything about his laptop, I just know what I'm talking about, unlike you, obviously. But that laptop has a crappy IGPU. And yeah, HP pavilion, $422 USD, with a A8-5550m, can run minecraft at 60+ fps on med-high, and skyrim on med 40ish FPS.
04/24/2014 11:59 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
JammMusic
Killertoad
MaxFilmsYT

I have that exact laptop..................... its absoloutly -snip- It cant run many games and you will be able to run skyrim but on low settings and on lke 10fps, to be able to run skyrim on a laptop its will cost around $1500 if you find an awesome deal!

He said he had the exact same laptop. Why are you even challenging him. Do you have that laptop? Obviously not. Although it is not -snip-, it definitely won't be able to play many newer games that is for sure, but all I use it for is MC so I'm good :3. Oh and $400 laptop 40+ fps? LOL.
04/24/2014 11:53 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
nitlocminecraft
i have a 2gb laptop hp2000 it runs minecraft 30 fps sp 60 to 100 on server
04/24/2014 11:47 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder
cn6620
My friend has to use a laptop and he spent £900 on his which runs MC at 90 fps and Skryrim at 30 fps

I would recommed a budget of at least £500
04/24/2014 11:46 am
Killertoad
MaxFilmsYT

I have that exact laptop..................... its absoloutly bad It cant run many games and you will be able to run skyrim but on low settings and on lke 10fps, to be able to run skyrim on a laptop its will cost around $1500 if you find an awesome deal!

04/24/2014 11:45 am
MaxFilmsYT

I have that exact laptop..................... its absoloutly bad It cant run many games and you will be able to run skyrim but on low settings and on lke 10fps, to be able to run skyrim on a laptop its will cost around $1500 if you find an awesome deal!
04/24/2014 11:43 am
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
Acer have good laptops, if your looking for a powerful, well price laptop. A laptop for the SAME price from sony will be about 1/10th the speed. My Acer laptop has a better GPU then my PC.. Which is why I am getting a nice new GPU soon XD
04/24/2014 11:38 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
JammMusic
It will run Minecraft fine, but not Skyrim. Unless you run it in a really low resolution. My laptop has similar specs, I know this.

You will probably get something close to the following:

Minecraft fps: ~60 (On normal render distance)
Skyrim fps: ~5 (30 if you use 640x480 resolution)
04/25/2014 8:11 am
Level 41 : Master Toast
Xyifer12
I have a worse laptop and i can play skyrim at 1280x800 with just a little lag.
04/24/2014 11:30 am
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
illuminati128k
You can't run any games on a pentium processor and intel integrated crap.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome