Cracked Accounts

Discuss the game, stories, screenshots, videos, ideas, creations, top score!?

Post Permalink
by Bocaj1000 » 6/16/2012

I don't know about you, but I hate cracked Minecraft accounts. I actually think they should be illegal to have. Its like stealing. Getting something free, that was supposed to be paid. I see so many cracked SMP server, it makes me mad. I wish the cracked account users just quit or buy a real account. I don't care if cracked or free accounts only play SP, thats half of the game. So people can join me and stop this cracked account madness.
Level 20
Expert Dragon

Post Permalink
by tvs1 » 6/16/2012

I think it already is illegal to have :)

I agree!

-tvs1
Level 10
Journeyman Taco
Says: Playing minecraft like a block!
Minecraft: tvs1

Post Permalink
by Karenthian » 6/16/2012

Yeah, it actually is illegal. It's pirating software, which is against many many laws.
~Karenthian~
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by RoboSharks » 6/16/2012

Make the code stronger to stop it I mean really. I disagree about not having cracked because at skool we can only play cracked.

I still have a prieum minecraft account
Last edited by RoboSharks on 6/16/2012, edited 1 time in total.
Level 23
Expert Geek

Post Permalink
by DPC Gaming » 6/16/2012

I agree! Its illegal and if you see a cracked server or account tell notch on twitter and he could get it shut down or deleted. @notch on twitter
Level 1
New Architect

Post Permalink
by zekesonxx » 6/16/2012

Pirating (Copyright infringement of software) is illegal in all 50 states of the USA and most countries of the world.

I say most countries because of small weird countries that forgot to make laws about it.
Last edited by zekesonxx on 6/16/2012, edited 1 time in total.
I run a private Direwolf20 FTB Server. Message me to check it out.
Level 1
New Crafter

Post Permalink
by mickykid » 6/16/2012

zekesonxx wrote:Pirating (Copyright infringement of software) is illegal in all 50 states of the USA and most countries of the world.

yeh it is in england where i live

Level 14
Journeyman Skinner
Says: me a like a minecraft
Minecraft: mickykid

Post Permalink
by Karenthian » 6/16/2012

You can't "make the code" stronger. That's not how code works.

Minecraft is written in Java, which means it is quite easy to decompile the whole thing and look at the source code. If you know even the smallest thing about Java it's easy to take out the code that requires validation and presto, you've got a cracked game.

You can't make Java "undecompileable", the best you can do is obfuscate it (which they do) which isn't a perfect protection. In reality there isn't much they can do about it, and making the code 100% secure would instantly make all current mods useless anyway because mods rely on basically cracking the game anyway.
~Karenthian~
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by RoboSharks » 6/16/2012

Karenthian wrote:You can't "make the code" stronger. That's not how code works.

Minecraft is written in Java, which means it is quite easy to decompile the whole thing and look at the source code. If you know even the smallest thing about Java it's easy to take out the code that requires validation and presto, you've got a cracked game.

You can't make Java "undecompileable", the best you can do is obfuscate it (which they do) which isn't a perfect protection. In reality there isn't much they can do about it, and making the code 100% secure would instantly make all current mods useless anyway because mods rely on basically cracking the game anyway.
~Karenthian~

What if Minecraft makes the servers have better protection. Couldnt someone use a hacked client then upload a virus to there servers, Thats the way any one can get minecraft free because they dont have a way to authenicate what is flowing throught there servers
Level 23
Expert Geek

Post Permalink
by Bophus » 6/16/2012

I have a cracked client but only because i had a premuim then it got hacked
Level 1
New Crafter

Post Permalink
by skylord_Dredogon » 6/16/2012

my advise would be to encript the jar and zip filoes so there un openable unless hacked
Level 16
Journeyman Pokemon

Post Permalink
by Bophus » 6/16/2012

But then you cant mod if minecraft.jar is unopenable
Level 1
New Crafter

Next

Return to Discussion