A Creative Pokemon Question

RunicGEAR's Avatar RunicGEAR2/13/16 7:01 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 71
2/26/2016 7:06 pm
December's Avatar December
What do you guys think would be good abilities for pokemon, I mean like, new ones.
Being too op of an idea is not an issue.

For example: Good Grip, a pokemon can hold 2 items.
again, being too op is not an issue here XD
RunicGEAR
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/19/2016 10:50 am
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
*Zekrom's ability is Teravolt. Reshiram's is Turboflame. They're both the exact same thing as Mold Breaker. Also, Trollmite generally runs Magic Coat to prevent Taunt, which can also shut it down. Any Poison type, Poison Heal user, Taunt user that can predict a Magic Coat, or Mold Breaker user can break a Trollmite. Also, entry hazards and burns make it useless, as well as multi-hit moves. Oh, and Magic Bounce/Guard.

Contributing to the thread, something like this would also be cool:

Focus Break: Increases the accuracy of moves, but all moves cause 33% recoil damage. Great for anything with low-accuracy moves and reliable recovery.
02/20/2016 8:57 pm
RunicGEAR
Never noticed they were like Mold Breaker XD
02/19/2016 11:39 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
oh yeah, i probably had a incorrect translated bw2 rom then
02/19/2016 5:55 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
brostermedia
an almost invincible lvl 1 magnimite, it mainly knows 2 moves. toxic and recycle

since when can magnemites learn toxic? i know a lot about pokemon.. but i don't know about that
02/19/2016 5:02 am
brostermedia
Latiodile
brostermediatrollmite

what?

an almost invincible lvl 1 magnimite, it mainly knows 2 moves. toxic and recycle. holds a berry juice and ha the sturdy ability.

how to use one: step one, use toxic on turn one.
step 2: keep spamming recylce to keep him on full hp. and you've won (most of the time)
02/19/2016 4:26 am
Latiodile
brostermediatrollmite

what?
02/19/2016 3:41 am
brostermedia
Latiodile
brostermediaturbocharge is zekrom's ability but it is just a placeholder name

wait.. turbocharge is zekroms ability? *looks at zekrom* i totally forgot that... shows how much i use legendaries.. at least i remember reshirams is turboblaze

you didn't know? both of them are one of the only weapons against a trollmite
02/19/2016 3:39 am
Latiodile
brostermediaturbocharge is zekrom's ability but it is just a placeholder name

wait.. turbocharge is zekroms ability? *looks at zekrom* i totally forgot that... shows how much i use legendaries.. at least i remember reshirams is turboblaze
02/19/2016 2:21 am
brostermedia
what about something like a turbocharge ability.it would allow a pokemon to use any move but the move that has to recharge after like hyperbeam was used
02/19/2016 2:35 am
Latiodile
you mean like an ability that lets you spam hyperbeam?

if not, an ability that lets you spam recharge moves
02/19/2016 3:15 am
brostermedia
after the recharge move you can't use it again or any other recharge move, you can however use any other move to make up for not being able to use hyperbeam or any other recharge move. and yes i know turbocharge is zekrom's ability but it is just a placeholder name
02/18/2016 5:14 pm
RunicGEAR
I like hearing these ideas XD
02/18/2016 5:14 pm
RunicGEAR
anyone else?
02/17/2016 6:48 pm
RunicGEAR
bump
02/15/2016 3:00 am
Latiodile
Moves that have 2 types, pokemon can have them... why not moves?

Edit: forgot OP said abilities... don't know about new abilities, but my idea is still valid

Also, i'm expecting gen 2 megas soon because gen1 got the special treatment. All i hope is that mega Feraligatr doesnt look bad, Or Typhlosion. since those are my favourite starters in the game
02/15/2016 7:31 am
RunicGEAR
I just want gen 4 or gen 5 megas XD
02/14/2016 1:46 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
It isn't exactly the same, since the 2nd attack is half as powerful, and is always the same as the first attack, but it's pretty similar. ;P
02/14/2016 1:28 pm
RunicGEAR
oh ye, forgot that exists XD
02/14/2016 1:02 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
DaSquyd
An ability to allow a pokemon to use 2 moves per turn
02/14/2016 1:06 pm
Sardonyx
Parental bond? ;P
02/15/2016 11:52 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
DaSquyd
Nah, I mean two separate moves on separate targets doing their full damage.
02/16/2016 6:50 am
RunicGEAR
that'd be cool
02/14/2016 5:06 am
brostermedia
all we need is the hidden fusion ability right?
02/14/2016 11:19 am
RunicGEAR
Thats just a cheap tactic to make weak pokemon stronger bro
02/14/2016 11:35 am
Sardonyx
I'm made o-o-o-of l-o-o-o-ove l-o-o-o-ve
and I'm stronger than you <3
02/14/2016 3:20 pm
brostermedia
it's better than those fancy mega evolution tools
02/14/2016 3:24 pm
RunicGEAR
Lets not jump into the whole song like youtube comments XD
02/14/2016 3:26 pm
brostermedia
how to reference 101 XD
02/14/2016 12:17 pm
RunicGEAR
You just get every little reference don't you XD
02/14/2016 12:24 pm
Sardonyx
xD yup
02/13/2016 10:55 pm
Sardonyx
Chron
EnderDurant
k then. xD

I have another idea! Soft Fur! If a pokemon uses an attack that makes physical contact, there is a chance that the attacking pokemon will become enamored with the pokemon with the ability ;P

Cute Charm, though? (assuming enamored = attracted)

Oh yeah, I was thinking Cute Charm was when you let out the pokemon or something xD
02/13/2016 10:52 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
Chron
Inversion: The Pokemon's weaknesses and resistances are swapped. Because more gimmicks?
(Yeah, there's Inverse Battle, but it might make Avalugg more viable in the regular game?)

I like this one a lot
02/13/2016 10:39 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
United Nations: The Pokemon must now follow the Geneva Conventions of warfare, which means no attacking a medic (A pokemon with healing moves.), no Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical related attacks, and battles must be fought on even grounds (no immunities or extra powerful attacks). Among other restrictions. The Pokemon with the United Nations ability is given extra turns and extra healing items if injured. The attacking pokemon must go through several turns of bureaucracy in order to flee.
02/14/2016 11:17 am
RunicGEAR
Why does this actually sound like a fun game in itself XD

I would totally play that XD
02/14/2016 2:58 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
Pokemon: United Nations Edition.

It takes place in all the regions, and the team is a Terrorist Group trying to start a war. Your character is a Rookie Peacekeeper (Sort of like a Ranger) for the United Regions, a Peacekeeping Organization dedicated to stopping wars. All battles follow the rules I stated above.

I actually would love playing this, Oh my God!

Anyway, i got off topic. I'll think of more abilities.
02/14/2016 3:09 pm
RunicGEAR
Okay, I think what you should do is learn how to make pokemon games with pokemon essentials and make this a reality XD
02/14/2016 3:02 pm
Sardonyx
xD what is this
02/14/2016 3:09 pm
RunicGEAR
Everything
02/13/2016 10:44 pm
Sardonyx
k then. xD

I have another idea! Soft Fur! If a pokemon uses an attack that makes physical contact, there is a chance that the attacking pokemon will become enamored with the pokemon with the ability ;P
02/13/2016 10:53 pm
Chron
Cute Charm, though? (assuming enamored = attracted)

Here's another ability I thought of:

Piercing Strike: Moves used by the Pokemon will always target the Pokemon's weaker defensive stat. An interesting way to break those incredibly thick walls such as Chansey and Skarmory. Wallbreakers would love it.

Oooh, and another:

Slow Burst: All moves receive a 50% boost in power, but the Pokemon has their moves' priorities reduced to -1. Sort of like an Analytic, but more reliable.
02/13/2016 8:35 pm
RunicGEAR
I am a just person
02/13/2016 10:26 pm
Sardonyx
got that but still xD
02/13/2016 8:13 pm
RunicGEAR
ChronI've had some great ideas, but I really can't remember them... But here's some I just came up with:

Pain Lock: Traps the foe if the user is poisoned, paralyzed, or burned. Great for preventing set-up sweepers from coming in on a crippled mon and forcing it out. Also cool in conjunction with Taunt.

Sweet Dreams: The Pokemon restores HP (12% per turn) when asleep. Situational, yes, but it never hurts to have something that actually enjoys being asleep.

Trap Master: The Pokemon clears hazards when it enters the field. However, the Pokemon's stats drop depending on how many hazards are cleared. (For example: Stealth Rocks, drops one stage of Attack, 3 layers of Spikes, drops 3 stages of Defense, etc.)
Because hazards aren't stupid enough.

Inversion: The Pokemon's weaknesses and resistances are swapped. Because more gimmicks?
(Yeah, there's Inverse Battle, but it might make Avalugg more viable in the regular game?)

I don't see any of those being particularly OP in most circumstances, but then again anything can be broken in the right hands.

Inversion is actually pretty cool. I don't really get why Inverse battles weren't thought of sooner, I mean it sounds like a simple idea. (Also you can never have too many gimmicks XD)
02/13/2016 8:12 pm
Sardonyx
ChronI've had some great ideas, but I really can't remember them... But here's some I just came up with:

Pain Lock: Traps the foe if the user is poisoned, paralyzed, or burned. Great for preventing set-up sweepers from coming in on a crippled mon and forcing it out. Also cool in conjunction with Taunt.

Sweet Dreams: The Pokemon restores HP (12% per turn) when asleep. Situational, yes, but it never hurts to have something that actually enjoys being asleep.

Trap Master: The Pokemon clears hazards when it enters the field. However, the Pokemon's stats drop depending on how many hazards are cleared. (For example: Stealth Rocks, drops one stage of Attack, 3 layers of Spikes, drops 3 stages of Defense, etc.)

I don't see any of those being particularly OP in most circumstances, but then again anything can be broken in the right hands.

These ideas seem really cool! ^^
02/13/2016 8:09 pm
Chron
I've had some great ideas, but I really can't remember them... But here's some I just came up with:

Now if you want something OP:

Healing Thorns: Absorbs all contact moves and restores the user's HP by 25%. Suck it, MegaZard X and Mega Metagross.

Successist: Doubles the user's Attack stat when it drops below half of its HP. (Archeops pls)
02/13/2016 8:06 pm
RunicGEAR
Ender Durants are in UT right?

I think I saw one, but it teleported away, in hotland...

):
02/13/2016 8:13 pm
Sardonyx
.... suuuuuurrrrreeeeeee
xD
02/13/2016 8:14 pm
RunicGEAR
I swear to insane, I'm not god.
02/13/2016 8:19 pm
Sardonyx
xD what even
02/13/2016 7:50 pm
Sardonyx
JByoda
-Asriel-and the undertale names too XD

xD so true
02/13/2016 7:44 pm
Sardonyx
Maybe something like slippery slime that could occasionally cause damage to pokemon who tried to use tackle-style moves. (Because they pokemon with slippery slime leaves slime on the ground, and when you run up to tackle them, the pokemon falls and hurts itself)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome