Cubition~A new-up-and-coming sandbox game.

Acharige's Avatar Acharige10/21/14 9:25 pm
11/15/2014 7:13 pm
Acharige's Avatar Acharige

Let me start off by stating that this is not some 'trendy minecraft server thread', or a mode of advertisement. This thread is entitled to provide information about a new sandbox game that is currently under development, and has been for quite some time now. I'll also be including some screenshots, since most people see things better visually. The game is based off of the idea behind Minecraft.

About Cubition

Cubition is an open-sourced Java OpenGL sandbox game licensed under the Apache License, providing a completely open framework for developers to create and come up with custom "game-modes". The development of Cubition started up earlier this year (March 2014 long before all of this "EULA" commotion) with only a single developer (@beeselmane). It became abandoned only a couple months into it. However @beeselmane had an excellent start on the project, and at the end of May of 2014, development resumed again, and up to this day it's not been abandoned. I was acquired into the project only not so long ago (earlier in June).

Code?

I've stated that this game will be open-sourced, so of course the code is available and open for contributions. The code-base has been organized into groups which makes it easier for us, and our contributors. It was last month when we moved everything into an organization.

https://github.com/Cubition-Project/

Screenshots?

Heh. These images are kinda old, but should at least give you a "basic" idea of how some things will come out in appearance.

Forums/IRC

Feel free to join our forums and ask questions/make topics, etc by clicking here: http://cubition.net

You can also join our IRC channel for live discussion: https://webchat.esper.net/?channels=cubition

Downloads?

We're working hard to push an Alpha build sometime this month. We do have a few "partial early releases" but they're probably of not use to you right now. You may visit http://dl.cubition.net to download our partial early release. We're currently on build #35.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me here or there. I'll be hanging around here too to post new updates and such.

Time is beginning to become an issue. Without the time, nothing can nor will be accomplished. This project is being done by the spare time that we have.

Thanks
Acharige
Level 1 : New Network