I'm developing a new system to play Adv. Maps online free!

Luuke's Avatar Luuke8/28/14 8:12 pm
11/14/2014 7:18 pm
Mgreat's Avatar Mgreat

Hey there! I have been coding Java for around two years now, and am excited to be starting on a brand new project!

My plan is to create a lobby system that will allow players to easily join a queue for a popular adventure map. When the queue of players satisfies the selected map's player count, all players in the queue will be teleported to the selected adventure map.

When the players finish their map, they will be teleported back into the lobby. They can then select a completely different map to play!

Best of all, this is all free of charge!

I would love to hear suggestions, critiques, and any other feedback you have! Would you use this free service? Please let me know!

Edit 1 - It seems like private queues will be essential so players can play with their friends. I will certainly like to feature this and plan on doing so
Luuke
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/14/2014 7:18 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Taco
Mgreat
Nice idea, I had a similar idea a while ago, I hope you get this going. If you do, let me know, I'd like something like this.
11/14/2014 7:10 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Dragon-girl
It sounds awesome

08/29/2014 12:01 am
Luuke
OneRingToRuleThemAll
Snicktrix

Hey there! I have been coding Java for around two years now, and am excited to be starting on a brand new project!

My plan is to create a lobby system that will allow players to easily join a queue for a popular adventure map. When the queue of players satisfies the selected map's player count, all players in the queue will be teleported to the selected adventure map.

When the players finish their map, they will be teleported back into the lobby. They can then select a completely different map to play!

I would love to hear suggestions, critiques, and any other feedback you have! Would you use this free service? Please let me know!

Edit 1 - It seems like private queues will be essential so players can play with their friends. I will certainly like to feature this and plan on doing so

So is this sorta like a server selector for adventure maps in the form of a mod?

Yes! Thats a great way of looking at it. However, it will not require any client side mods. Everything is handled server side. This is assuming the map is playable in vanilla.
08/28/2014 11:57 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
OneRingToRuleThemAll
Looks awesome
08/28/2014 11:56 pm
OneRingToRuleThemAll
Looks awesome
08/28/2014 11:56 pm
OneRingToRuleThemAll
Snicktrix

So is this sorta like a server selector for adventure maps in the form of a mod?
08/28/2014 11:18 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
It would be rather... loose as people would leave any time they'd like and would leave some players alone in a map which requires more.

There was a similar thing to this where they let you pick an adventure map online and they give you an ip address to play privately
08/28/2014 11:50 pm
Luuke
I was planning on letting people create private queues so they can play solely with their friends, or join a public queue where they can play with others
08/28/2014 8:16 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
ez plgin
08/28/2014 9:03 pm
Luuke
I wouldn't call it easy until you have done it yourself. Mind you I'm not talking about a single server that will just swap worlds. It will probably take, at the least, three different plugins to power it.

The first would most likely be a plugin that connects to a MySQL database to synchronize the various different small servers that are connected via bungeecord. This way you could easily have a large amount of maps running at the same time, on their own server.

Next would be a plugin for the lobby that taps into the database plugin, that would setup the queues for each player, and would either have to check for a value change in the database or wait for a plugin message to be received via the bungeecord api. I'm still deciding between which method between these would be more effective. I will probably go via MySQL.

Last would be the simpler plugin that resets the map when the players are done, and again, use the bungeecord api to send the player back to the lobby.
08/28/2014 11:10 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Thought it was for one server. Not multiple . But yea, looks pretty well done. (Even though technically it could be done with one plugin, with different tasks[and maybe even multithreaded])
08/28/2014 11:53 pm
Luuke
I'm not 100% sure on this, but wouldn't running multiple maps with things like command blocks and whatnot potentially mess up other maps? For example, if a command block teleports everyone to a certain location, it could mess up people in a completely different queue. I may be wrong on this, perhaps command blocks only take affect in the world its in.
08/28/2014 8:17 pm
Level 42 : Master Droid
GigabyteGiant
I agree, but still, it's good to see others interested in programming!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome