MC bans VPNs?

Pysisco8's Avatar Pysisco82/24/17 5:00 pm
2/26/2017 7:43 am
fred1s2's Avatar fred1s2
I've been told and saw news about how Mojang was cracking down on VPN users, leading to a ban or not allowing you to login untill it's turned off. Some say it's because of stuff going on in China, or Mojang's alleged "Security reasons". Here is one of the few posts about it.. Yes, I agree : Reddit isn't a credible source, neither are your friends. Is this true, is it fake? What's behind it? I haven't researched to far into it myself honestly, and have no real need to worry about the VPN bans. Though if this is something, I'd like to be able to spread the word to people who do use it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/5vwve1/mojang_now_ban_accounts_for_vpn_usage/?st=izkco6e4&sh=95c63c02
http://www.brawl.com/threads/64981/
Pysisco8
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/26/2017 7:43 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
fred1s2
Can confirm something is going on with VPN's, My old server hosted by DigitalOcean got blocked when questioned I got this response:

Carl Johnsson replied:
Hi Freddie,

Sorry to hear about that. Are you using a VPN or similar service for your connection? In that case you could try without it.

Best regards,

Carl J
OCT 20, 2016 | 12:00PM CEST
Original message
Freddie wrote:

I can log in through my phone's tethering but when I use my main internet connection it comes up with "Invalid username or password". This is in the launcher and on Minecraft.net but if I try on my phone it works fine.

IP:178.62.22.50

I now use OVH and it is working fine however I wonder where they are going with this... I hope it's not another Netflix.
02/25/2017 8:35 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
It's because VPNs are illegal in China, and Mojang don't want to get into trouble with the Chinese govt.
02/25/2017 10:52 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
They are not illegal, but you need to be authorized. Resulting in 95% if not more being "illegal".
02/25/2017 12:33 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
23 January or so China no longer allowed unauthorized VPN services. When it comes to China with its internet laws. It is all extreme and I can't agree with it. Common social media is blocked. google for the longest time was blocked. In short, China does mass censorship.

It was supposedly against sketchy businesses. But already seeing different things.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome