Does dreaming bring us to another dimension?

GamingAleks's Avatar GamingAleks11/27/14 11:30 am
12/14/2014 11:17 am
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
Is the dreamworld an another dimension? An another world?
GamingAleks
Level 20 : Expert Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/14/2014 11:17 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
But doesn't someone have to control all these signals. I think we do have control over our bodies.

Interesting point, but:
As I said in my last post "You can compare our body to a PC", we can use that again here.

"But doesn't someone have to control all these signals."
You -as the piece of jelly- are controlling all signals going in and out of the body, but your body can also send back signals.
It's the "your body can also send back signals" that makes my theory that we are just a piece of jelly clicking buttons and sending signals.

LI ----- LI

I'd rather die knowing I have a soul than die knowing I am
a piece of jelly inside a hard cell with liquid

If you have a religion or believe in Souls don't read this:
I don't want to start a religion war on PMC, or any kind of wars at all anywhere but:

The fact that a human would have a "Soul" is a lie. It's a believe in many religions. Humans don't have souls, and science has proven this in many many ways. Now if you go to Wikipedia it will not tell you "Humans have a soul" It will tell you this:

The soul, in many religious, philosophical and mythological traditions, is the incorporeal and, in many conceptions, immortal essence of a living thing.

Now I know that Wikipedia isn't always right and that's why I did a bit more research and found this:
Physicist Sean M. Carroll has written that the idea of a soul is in opposition to quantum field theory (QFT). He writes that for a soul to exist "Not only is new physics required, but dramatically new physics. Within QFT, there can’t be a new collection of "spirit particles" and "spirit forces" that interact with our regular atoms, because we would have detected them in existing experiments
12/14/2014 9:44 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
DuskRaine
holy crap! i thought of this same idea months ago.

Its an intresting concept to think about, but i highly doubt it brings you to a diff. dimension.
12/14/2014 8:59 am
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
TheHipster
I'd rather die knowing I have a soul than die knowing I am
a piece of jelly inside a hard cell with liquid
12/14/2014 7:44 am
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
InvisibleFlame
This is a great question. The mystery of sleep is a one of the great mysteries and there's been lots of books and study about it. From my understanding, there are two kinds of dreams. 'healing dreams'....in which you don't really go anywhere. Your subconcsious is sending images to your cells. We have to sleep so the body can be healed each night. Subconcious communicates in images. So we get images and symbols in our dreams.

In other 'lucid' dreams...you are traveling out of body. Because we do that. Our spirit is unlimited, immortal, and can go anywhere. And many people see the future in these kinds of dreams...because your spirit is not bound by time and space.
12/14/2014 8:13 am
GamingAleks
That's pretty cool.
12/14/2014 7:36 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I think that you are in a dream reading this right now.
What do I mean with this?

Lemme explain it really quick -
You are not your body, you can't move. Your not your eyes, your a blindfold. Your a piece of jelly inside a hard cell with liquid, also known as the brain.

You never "Sleep", your always awake. That's why you dream. Humans pretend that they control their body, but they don't. -Why do I sound so depressive... lol-

You can compare our body to a PC, the one your typing, reading, playing, and watching right now. You are never in complete control of the PC. You only send signals around the system by clicking on all this buttons.

So my theory is this - You never sleep, your always awake. You are never awake, your dreaming. Humans are amazing creatures, but we can only do one thing. Click on the right and wrong buttons.
12/14/2014 8:15 am
GamingAleks
But doesn't someone have to control all these signals. I think we do have control over our bodies. And I think I am awake now. But the thing I'm thinking about now is How do we know we're not dreaming. Maybe we're dreaming right now at the very moment and we don't know it. And why do we forget our dreams?
12/14/2014 7:13 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
Well, my dreams are usually just blank, so that proves no. XD
12/04/2014 12:50 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
PKMNlegendJAMESYea meant to put early 20th century...whoops

Putting it as the early 20th century still doesn't make it 1100 years. That's just like...200 years or less. lol
11/29/2014 11:28 am
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Short answer: No, not at all.
11/29/2014 11:06 am
GamingAleks
Ok, Thank you for your interest and help. It all makes sense now. . I was watching an anime with different dimensions. It's called Trinity Seven. That's how I got the question.
11/29/2014 7:48 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
PKMNlegendJAMES
Snowyfox
PKMNlegendJAMES
It is a common mistake to say that our minds do exist within our brains, and the general topic of where the human mind is has been on debate since the late 20th century, so for about 1100 years.

What!? xD You mean 10 years??

Yea meant to put early 20th century...whoops
11/27/2014 7:28 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
Good question lol!

But it's been proven that your brain is just replaying events with free-will
11/27/2014 6:32 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
I doubt it, but there's no way to prove otherwise.

What if the things in our waking imagination are also real in other dimensions?
11/27/2014 6:23 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Mage
Officer Caitlyn
Well, the answer is no. although we might feel our dreams are very real or somewhat realistic, We are going through a process of sleep called REM (Rapid Eye Movement). REM is achieved while we are in our deepest sleep possible, therefore creating images in the brain. However, you might know about sleep-walking, which is basically acting out your dream. Some people have done extraordinary things while sleep-walking, even driving to their in-laws house. Check out list25's YouTube channel for more on this topic, they have a video about sleep. Hope this helps
11/27/2014 5:36 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
PookieSK
Sometimes we dream what we want to see or what we need to see to move on.
The dream world isn't another dimension but atleast its not just inside our heads.
11/27/2014 5:32 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Mynho
I always forget my dreams when I wake up so ya I don't know
11/27/2014 5:15 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
Our dreams are our brains processing thoughts, and re-organizing them. That's what I remember from an article I read. Makes sense to.
11/27/2014 5:01 pm
Snowyfox
PKMNlegendJAMES
It is a common mistake to say that our minds do exist within our brains, and the general topic of where the human mind is has been on debate since the late 20th century, so for about 1100 years.

What!? xD You mean 10 years??
11/27/2014 4:59 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Spa-Geddy
I think if you want to believe that it's fine. I mean, it's not like we know what dreams are for, right?
11/27/2014 4:46 pm
PKMNlegendJAMES
VeryMadCrafter
PKMNlegendJAMES
VeryMadCrafterThat`s ridiculous. The things we see in a dream is actually the result of our brain thinking.

The only part that is active during a dream is our subconscious (part of our minds)

What?? That doesn`t even make any sense. Part of our minds IS part of our brains. Go get your facts right. Otherwise, explain where is mind located then.

The brain is a physical object that can be seen, examined - something that can be looked at, whereas the mind is an unreachable, invisible force. The mind is the force that enables our ability for consciousness, perception, thinking, judgement and the memory of a human being; pretty much everything that we know the brain does. So think of it as the mind being the creator and the brain is merely the product of the mind. Without our minds, the brain would never be able to think. It would never be able to perceive our existence, our surroundings, anything. It would never be able to be conscious; have a form as a living thing. We can never say where the mind is, however research and philisophical teachings tell us that the mind is an independent entity from the brain.

It is a common mistake to say that our minds do exist within our brains, and the general topic of where the human mind is has been on debate since the late 20th century, so for about 1100 years. Not many people (and I DO mean not many) have a sound and solid understanding of the human mind. Its like the topic of what happens when we die? Such forces are completely uncomprehensible to the knowledge of humans, and it would take years, centuries, probably even millennia before we can get a solid understanding.
11/27/2014 4:23 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
Your brain is just doing wacky stuff, no other dimensions going on you are basically hallucinating briefly as you sleep.
11/27/2014 4:14 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pony
Starlight Glimmer
Its not a different world
11/27/2014 4:07 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
ItsMorgan
Short answer:
Uh...No.

Kinda-slightly longer answer:
Uh...No. It's just your brain doing stuff. I guess dreams are kind of like messages from your unconscious to you or something. Like an "A spider is eating your hand" dream means "Wake up, dude. Your hand hurts"

Sigmund Freud (Pronounced kind of like "Froh-eed" or something) wrote something about dreams, but I can't remember what it was. Something about hating our daddies and loving our mommies. I can't remember. You know, stuff your Id wants or something.

I actually don't know a lot about this. I'm just rambling. You should Google this Freud stuffs. Or his not-quite-friend Carl Jung. Psychology's really interesting.

Here are some links:
Dreams, the science stuffs. It covers both Freudian and Jungian views on dreams.
Analytical or Jungian psychology
Psychoanalysis
Persona...Shin Megami Tensei, anyone?

Now go, young adventurer, in the mightiest quest for the greatest treasure: Knowledge

(I'll be reading this too. Stuff's pretty darn interesting)
11/27/2014 2:09 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
I had a dream once that I was cooking bacon in the world tiniest kitchen...
11/27/2014 7:22 pm
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
nameiztaken
LOL
11/27/2014 1:17 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Blockhead
Bubz
The brain dumps out unnecessary information with the use of dreaming. That's pretty much all that's to it.
11/27/2014 1:17 pm
Snowyfox
Depends on your meaning of "dimension", OP. For example, if you consider the world you are transported to when reading as a different dimension, then, yes, clearly, dreaming would bring you to another dimension.
11/27/2014 1:13 pm
GamingAleks
So you can create an new face in your imagination?
12/04/2014 1:03 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
PureNerd
No, some ones face is to complex to "imagine" and even if we could, the face would always be changing because there isn't anything making it "stick" (so to speak) in our imagination. Faces you see in your dreams are other peoples real faces, and you have seen them before, you just Don't remember it. The most likely is you saw them on a street walking around, but because you can't remember seeing them doesn't mean you've forgotten them either, there face is stored in your brain called a "subconscious" and then the face will end up in your dream because your brain doesn't know where else to the information
I hope I answered your question
12/14/2014 7:00 am
GamingAleks
Yes, you did.
11/27/2014 4:24 pm
The_Big_Dish
uhhh yes....I do it all the time when I am drawing and you can think about new faces as much as you like.
11/27/2014 4:33 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
ItsMorgan
I read somewhere that the faces we see in our dreams are actually faces we vaguely remember. I might be wrong, but it's cool, amirite?
11/27/2014 4:50 pm
The_Big_Dish
Well I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were, I have some interesting dreams where people look kinda like people I know but they look a little different. Dreams are cool and interesting!
11/27/2014 1:06 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
BlackLatosWhat about new faces you've never seen? Totally new environments?

People imagine new things, new places, and new people all the time while awake. I don't see why that wouldn't be the case for when we're sleeping too.

As for the pain in your arm that you felt, that was most likely outside stimuli. Perhaps a blanket balled up strangely and you rolled over onto the lump. Maybe you have a down comforter on your bed and a feather poked you.
11/27/2014 12:50 pm
GamingAleks
What about new faces you've never seen? Totally new environments? I once dreamed about a weird gun. With some sharp things on it. And I could feel something pricking in my arm. And I dreamed about a store , where I was buying pokémon games.
11/27/2014 12:47 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
PKMNlegendJAMES
VeryMadCrafterThat`s ridiculous. The things we see in a dream is actually the result of our brain thinking.

The only part that is active during a dream is our subconscious (part of our minds)

What?? That doesn`t even make any sense. Part of our minds IS part of our brains. Go get your facts right. Otherwise, explain where is mind located then.
11/27/2014 12:33 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
11/27/2014 6:33 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
0ChickenOrDuck0
#deep
11/27/2014 4:58 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Spa-Geddy
Lol, my thoughts as well.
11/27/2014 12:27 pm
PKMNlegendJAMES
It depends on how you look at it and what you classify a 'dream' as. To me, a dream can be things within things, or simply things that are replays of past (or sometimes even future) events.

A dream is created from your subconscious. It sends through stuff it stores as messages and symbols, and plays them to you in a form of a visual representation. You have no control in your dream; you just watch it play through like a movie. The way your subconscious sends these messages and symbols, and how the representation is displayed alters throughout the second, due to the different 'interpretations' (if you will) that the power to display a dream receive. And when it ends, it ends.

Dreams usually set their place in places/generalised locations we know. For example, I had a dream last night that there was a Christmas party inside my house, and for some reason which is unexplainable, Golden Freddy crawled out from behind the tree and did possibly the most sweggiest walk towards me ever, then jumpscared me ( ). The dream ended there.

The two main things in my dream were: Christmas and Golden Freddy. Why? Why those two things and not anything else? Recent events. Christmas (from the time I am posting this reply) is only 4 weeks away and I have been deadbeat on getting a Wii U. And what about Golden Freddy? Why the eff is he/it/dolphin in my dream? Long story short, I was watching tons of FNAF videos. That's what boredom does to you. The subconscious finds these recent events, and sends them to the invisible force that displays the dream to be represented.

Dreams are only temporary; they can only last so long and your body has no control/knowledge of your dream state. Sure, you can have reoccuring dreams where the same events replay for X number of dreams, but they only last Y amount of seconds. So for that quarter of a minute, did we create another dimension through our subconscious? One that we cherished in until it got to the point it became so unstable it collapsed in itself? I'll leave that for you to decide.

Now we come onto the topic of 'lucid dreams'. Lucid dreams are when your body is physically recognising that you are dreaming. Most lucid dreams happen when you are halfway through dreaming, and you attempt to 'wake up' but you still are in the dream state. The most essential factor of a lucid dream is being able to control it (much to contradict my first point)

Generally you don't want to go doing any wild stuff in a lucid dream (such as somehow being able to Instant Transmission to the 25th galaxy and befriend a super-high advanced alien race), as this will excite you and 9 times out of 10 will wake you up. You generally want to just float or walk about, touch and feel the things that are in your dream and enjoy the fact that you have been transported into your own dream and you have 101% control over it.

I've already blabbled on too much (more than I had originally anticipated), so I'll decide to cut it short here. It best be wise to at some point, research about dreams and lucid dreams, and find out more about them. Who knows? You could be the next guy to investigate, prove and claim findings that we potentially have the power, through our own subconscious, as human beings, to create temporary dimensions in our sleep. And to give my opinion on it: yes. I believe that dreaming takes us to a different dimension, possibly even a parallel universe with the right dream.
11/27/2014 12:03 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
That`s ridiculous. The things we see in a dream is actually the result of our brain thinking.
11/27/2014 12:30 pm
PKMNlegendJAMES
Our brain doesn't/cannot think during a dream. The only part that is active during a dream is our subconscious (part of our minds) replaying sent messages and symbols from an invisible power in the form of a visual representation
11/27/2014 11:49 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Floppypancake31
Even during astral projection, you are still inside your head. Sorry xD
11/27/2014 11:48 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Imadbush
No, its is your brain doing brainy stuff while you sleep.
11/27/2014 11:45 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Most likely
11/27/2014 11:39 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
TheEnderJockey
-snip-
11/27/2014 11:34 am
GamingAleks
Why? I'm posting my thoughts.
11/27/2014 6:40 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
Sheezie
Your thoughts can easily be googled and you can learn why the brain has dreams. Science.
11/27/2014 6:41 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
0ChickenOrDuck0
dont b3 meen m9 u desrv 2 geet quiksc0p3d.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome