Ok donator features for a server

QuinnBlueKing's Avatar QuinnBlueKing7/28/14 9:32 am
7/28/2014 1:30 pm
Skeltal's Avatar Skeltal
i'm making a gmod server but i eventually want to extend to a small minecraft server

im wondering if the following features are ok with mojang's new eula

pro classes the you can still get with gems (in game money) but its free for vip
pro classes will be balanced to not make them to op

trails

pets

reserved slots - Pro

be able to spectate - vip

ues jump pads in lobby - vip

dubble jump in lobby -pro

fly in lobby - dragon

chat Tags like [VIP] Hi

and tages next to names like [PRO] QuinnRedKing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
things you buy are

VIP 25$

PRO 30$

Dragon 45$

some of the pets you will have to buy for 10-20$

you can buy individual PRO classes for 10-30$

1 trail you would buy will be 5$
QuinnBlueKing
Level 44 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/28/2014 1:28 pm
QuinnBlueKing
the jumping,and flying is aesthetic because it does not help you in the mini games you not able to double jump unless it's given to everyone like in scb and your not able to fly in the mini game
07/28/2014 1:20 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
Pets,you should buy with an ingame currency like coins or tokens or gems that you get from winning or doing something in a game.

The classes,that's not what mojang wanted,that's basically pay2win.

The flying in the lobby and lobby stuff then that's fine.
Maybe make SOME trails for donators only.
07/28/2014 1:26 pm
QuinnBlueKing
not all pets are going to buy with real money some are going to be in game money buyable

the classes are balanced and they said i need to make it possible to for all players to get it. all non donators can buy it with ingame money and donators get it for free

i hate server that do pay to win thats why the classes are going to be balanced and the pro classes just have unique abilities that are not over powerd
07/28/2014 1:30 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
then you should be all set,I think the only pets that should cost money should be rare,like a wither or a mooshroom.
07/28/2014 1:19 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
Quinn, still its mostly against the EULA, the stuff like jumping in the Lobby is against the EULA but I am sure no one will complain (Other then about the price, but you cant fight that one) and its unlikely that Mojang will enforce the EULA.
07/28/2014 12:50 pm
Deth_Glitch
Yes but regardless of if its a minigames server or not, he did not say anything about Minigame related Donations, therefor, the Q&A is still invalid to the arguement.
07/28/2014 12:54 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
The OP specifically mentioned classes, which we can infer are for mingames seeing as how what little we know of the server reeks of minigame features, but again we cannot know for sure until the OP tells us one way or the other.

The Q&A sections I cited are only invalid if this is not a minigames server. Because we cannot know for sure, for now we need to rely on the short description we were given, which strongly indicates that the server will be a minigames server.
07/28/2014 1:16 pm
QuinnBlueKing
the server is a mini game server it's going to be a bungee server the main lobby is where the pets,jump pad,double jump is going to happen

as for the kits there going to be balanced kind of like minecade scb kits

and pro kits are priced at 500 gem for the one who did not donate
07/28/2014 12:48 pm
Leeberator
Deth_Glitch
The OP said nothing about minigames. Therefor the Q&A's are invalid....
The EULA states that you cannot charge for anything Gameplay related. Ergo, Flying and such, regardless of WHERE it is, is against the EULA.

The OP didn't actually mention anything about the server's details with the exception of lobbies, classes, spectate abilities for paying users (which probably goes against the EULA), player trails, and pets, which are strong indicators of a minigames server. However, since we cannot know for sure, the OP should tell us what kind of server it will be.

I can see where you're coming from with waiting in lobbies being "gameplay" based on a literal interpretation of the EULA, but it's a question that will be best answered by a Mojang employee.
07/28/2014 12:45 pm
Deth_Glitch
TheShadbusher
GarretSidzakaare you saying that he is selling a shortcut to a class that would otherwise take alot of grinding to get to?

In essence, yes. However, the OP didn't mention whether or not the in-game price of the kits would be ridiculously high. That's an assumption you're making.

Nevertheless, it's EULA-friendly.

From the EULA Q&A:

All users will have the ability to use the minigame classes, so the OP's plan is compliant with the EULA. What isn't allowed, however, is selling the ability to use kits that are unobtainable for non-paying users:

The OP does not plan on doing this, so his structure for mingame kits works fine.

The OP said nothing about minigames. Therefor the Q&A's are invalid....
The EULA states that you cannot charge for anything Gameplay related. Ergo, Flying and such, regardless of WHERE it is, is against the EULA.

Also that bit you added states you cannot charge for anything gameplay related.
07/28/2014 12:42 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Reserved slots, jump pad use, double jump, and fly would all break the EULA if offered as perks for paid ranks as they're all game-play related. Perks must be cosmetic only, such as pets, trails, hats, and player prefixes such as [VIP].

Edit: Unban passes would also break the EULA as offering them at a price directly affects your ability to play on the server and isn't cosmetic at all.
07/28/2014 12:40 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
It doesn't look like most of them breach the EULA.

But 10$ bucks for one pet? I'd make it 50 cents for all pets. And trails. And I would add hats. I wouldn't worry about the EULA, I'd worry about over pricing!
07/28/2014 12:38 pm
Deth_Glitch
"Flying is iffy, but it doesn't offer any gameplay advantage as it's only in the lobby"
Still changes Gameplay, Thus breaks EULA.
07/28/2014 12:34 pm
Deth_Glitch
reserved slots - Pro

be able to spectate - vip

ues jump pads in lobby - vip

dubble jump in lobby -pro

fly in lobby - dragon

All Technically breach the EULA
My advise, Ignore the EULA.
07/28/2014 12:17 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
GarretSidzaka
are you saying that he is selling a shortcut to a class that would otherwise take alot of grinding to get to?
07/28/2014 12:42 pm
Leeberator
In essence, yes. However, the OP didn't mention whether or not the in-game price of the kits would be ridiculously high. That's an assumption you're making.

Nevertheless, it's EULA-friendly.

From the EULA Q&A:

All users will have the ability to use the minigame classes, so the OP's plan is compliant with the EULA. What isn't allowed, however, is selling the ability to use kits that are unobtainable for non-paying users:

The OP does not plan on doing this, so his structure for mingame kits works fine.

AzieReserved slots, jump pad use, double jump, and fly would all break the EULA if offered as perks for paid ranks as they're all game-play related. Perks must be cosmetic only, such as pets, trails, hats, and player prefixes such as [VIP].

People may argue that doing things in a lobby is not "gameplay," but prioritizing access to the server for paying users (i.e. reserved slots) is specifically allowed:

07/28/2014 12:26 pm
QuinnBlueKing
im not going to make it like 5000 gems to get the class

500 gems tops
07/28/2014 11:36 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
GarretSidzaka
classes are not allowed and flying is not allowed. feel free to come to my server and check out how we did our donations.

what i use the most is echopets, rage particle effects, and Swornguns cosmetic (no damage) guns and upgrades.

You cant at all make anything in the slightest bit OP. and mojang specifically mentioned flying as well.
07/28/2014 11:53 am
Leeberator
Classes are allowed so long as everyone has access to them. As the OP stated, all kits donators have are obtainable by normal users through an in-game currency system.

Flying is iffy, but it doesn't offer any gameplay advantage as it's only in the lobby.
07/28/2014 11:29 am
QuinnBlueKing
would an unban pass be allowed? for about 25-35 $
07/28/2014 1:10 pm
Deth_Glitch
If this means people pay to get unbanned I would not advise it, though since being allowed to pay for access to a server is 'allowed' I am not sure. But I wouldn't.
07/28/2014 9:58 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pony
TheDiam0ndCreeper
I think the pets might because theyre animals from the game...
07/28/2014 10:39 am
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
I don't think they would. As long as they don't attack anyone or give you an unfair advantage, they should be allowed. You can't have pets aside from wolves and cats in vanilla minecraft.
07/28/2014 10:40 am
Leeberator
Not to mention that Mojang specifically mentioned that pets were fine to offer.
07/28/2014 9:40 am
Leeberator
The only thing that *might* not be EULA-friendly is being able to fly in the lobby. Although it doesn't offer any gameplay advantage whatsoever, Mojang specifically mentioned it when listing off things that aren't compliant with the EULA.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome