Educational game, learn SAT and GRE words

EmpathyHeals's Avatar EmpathyHeals3/1/15 11:44 pm
1 emeralds 267
I have created a game on my server with command blocks that works like a cross between a trading card game and refrigerator magnets. Learn more about it on my forum here: http://empathyheals.enjin.com/forum/m/2 ... lish-class

Basically the way it works is that there is a basic larger area, /warp EVA, for Empathy Vocabulary Academy, where you can Endermen with names that are based on the top 100 words that appear on the SAT, and have a 10% chance to drop an item with the name of the word again and its definition in the lore. These 100 words will rotate out every month or so.

At one of my perches (areas players make for me that are kind of hangouts) I have a command block that spawns a mob with a word of the day based on the top 1000 GRE words. So this mob will drop an item 10% of the time with that word and its definition as lore that changes daily.

The goal of the game is to have competitions weekly for best sentence, paragraph, and short story using these words. The more you collect the bigger your deck will be, and you can sell, trade, and auction for them.

When you make your sentences, paragraphs, and short stories you have to create them in the game with the vocab words in display cases and signs for the other words. So you have to have the loot to make the sentences.

The loot isn't bad if you just want to use it, but the better deck you have the more you can trade too.

Get better test scores too!

What do you think? Do you like the idea? Do you have suggestions for other lists/topics to teach? We are expanding classrooms!

Come play it at IP: 162.220.63.5:25745!
Emp
EmpathyHeals
Level 42 : Master Zombie