My epic pixelarts.

Thorlar's Avatar Thorlar11/24/14 12:52 pm
1 emeralds 2.6k 15
11/25/2014 12:23 pm
Thorlar's Avatar Thorlar
Hi!

I just introduced myself in the introduction section, so if you want to know more about me, I suppose you can go there. Otherwise, here's some of my works and before the images, an explanation of them:

I try to outdo myself regularly. So right now, I'm working on a pixelart that might just be the most complicated and one of the biggest builds ever made in Minecraft, and if not: I'm going to go even more insane as I go!

I always take requests from my own community on the builds, and if people start liking my work here too, I'll of course take requests from you guys as well. <3 If you want to support me in my pixelart efforts, and my quest to build the biggest one ever made, feel free to drop by my Twitch-channel between 10am-6pm GMT+1 to say hello and hang out and see work in progress. <3

Harley Quinn from Batman.

Midna from Twilight Princess (Zelda)

Gilgamesh from the Final Fantasy universe

And the two I posted in the introduction section on this website, just in case you don't check that section out:

Beebop & Rocksteady, from TMNT

Hail to the king, baby!

I've got plenty more, but these are the best screenshots I've got. If you still want to see the other ones, I'd recommend my twitter or if the interest is big enough here, I'll take new screenshots of the old ones.

Looking forward to your feedback and opinions! <3
Thorlar
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2014 12:23 pm
Thorlar
Animan2I have seen so many fakes that i don't believe anymore that there exists legit (large scale) pixel artists http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/templar-2776569/ this picture? You might turn it into somekinda fighting action maybe...? (just a suggestion)

Yeah, it's easy to get more skeptical from seeing all fakes, I myself just try to stay positive because it helps me stay a happy person (used to be depressed, so positive thinking helps me stay away from that). And thank you for that request, but I do not do Minecraft related art in Minecraft (Minecraft skins, mobs, items), I prefer the requests to be something else to show people when I stream that you can do so different things with the game than some people except.

And yeah, I prefer doing it all a few layers at a time, helps my focus better than outlining it. The only time I don't do a few layers at a time, is if there's too many one-colored blocks in one section as it might make it harder for me to sync everything up.

Electro_XDThese pixel arts are amazing <3, I've hung around on his Twitch and i could tell you guys that this is NOT program-generated. The best thing about this amazing guys is that he is doing twitch because of raising awareness of ebola and helping charity to raise money!

Yeah, thank you for dropping by and hanging out with us Electro. It was a great pleasure, and it is true that I'm up until this friday am holding a big attempt to raise money for charity (1100+ USD raised since friday) at the moment. I just feel that I've gotten a good position in life being a partnered streamer on Twitch, and the least I can do is try to help other streamers get established and do regular charities to help the less fortunate.
11/25/2014 7:59 am
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Electro_
These pixel arts are amazing <3, I've hung around on his Twitch and i could tell you guys that this is NOT program-generated. The best thing about this amazing guys is that he is doing twitch because of raising awareness of ebola and helping charity to raise money!
11/25/2014 2:42 am
Thorlar
Thank you Leeanne, I appreciate that. <3 I'll be uploading my current one as soon as it's done. But due to my current one being 179.000 blocks big, it'll take a while to finish. Tuning into my stream you can get constant updates on the progress though, especially if I'm live at the moment.
11/24/2014 4:24 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
These are pretty cool <3
11/24/2014 4:18 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
DeathPro54
Well do clarify for everyone. He uses a program called Spritecraft to make the layout/blueprints for the build, but then he actually builds them.
11/24/2014 3:58 pm
Thorlar
For you who might doubt they were built by hand, feel free to go to any past broadcast of mines on http://www.twitch.tv/thorlar/profile/past_broadcasts and you can see that they are indeed built by hand.

Otherwise, you can tune in tomorrow during my charity run (10am-6pm GMT+1) where I'm currently building my biggest one yet. However, I am not concerned with people who might doubt it was built by hand, just offering you the option to check out how legit it is.

And to those others of you who aren't doubting: Thank you! I'm honored you like them so much, and I will be sharing more of these here on these forums in that case, and I look forward to getting to know you guys a bit! <3
11/24/2014 3:36 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
Animan2
Why do i have feeling these are program-generated pixel arts...? ...probably because they are....
11/25/2014 2:49 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
Drazieth
Im about 99% sure they are too...
11/25/2014 3:11 am
Thorlar
Since you apparently seem to have felt that it was too much hard work to look up one of my builds in progress as I already linked to, I will directly link you to a video of me building one of these (and more videos do exist of previous works), AND also point out you can zoom into it at 1h, 2h, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h, 7h or ANYWHERE in it for legit proof of it being handbuilt.

http://www.twitch.tv/thorlar/b/590131906

I hope it is clear enough for you now Drazieth (and anyone else), that it IS built by hand, no matter how easy it may be to assume otherwise just because the option exists. I hope this helps you remove your doubts, and that you take the proof instead of being pessimistic about someone putting hard work into something. <3

It's easier to assume it's legit until proven wrong, rather than assuming it's not legit and being wrong. <3
11/25/2014 4:21 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
Animan2
Alright this kinda clears things up a bit... It really seems you you are doing it legit ...although your building technique and block choice is interesting...instead building overall shape of picture/character you ar doing it layer by layer...
It's easier to assume it's legit until proven wrong, rather than assuming it's not legit and being wrong. <3

I have seen so many fakes that i don't believe anymore that there exists legit (large scale) pixel artists http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/templar-2776569/ this picture? You might turn it into somekinda fighting action maybe...? (just a suggestion)
11/24/2014 3:39 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Mynho
They do look really detailed to be done by hand but hey you never know.
11/24/2014 3:15 pm
Level 24 : Expert Archer
Lukerocks1233
wow!! Really good!!
11/24/2014 3:08 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Warrior
DJ_Mike_PT
You are an artist! Congratulations!
11/24/2014 3:06 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Mynho
Oh wow really cool!
11/24/2014 2:00 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Nice, I love using Spritecraft myself, though I wouldn't really call it skill...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome