Exponential Technology(Expo Tech) - WIP, Coder/Artist Help W

snyperanihilatr's Avatar snyperanihilatr6/30/15 6:36 pm
1 emeralds 369 1
7/8/2015 9:34 am
elias457's Avatar elias457
Welcome to Exponential Technology!

This is a WIP mod for minecraft version 1.7.10 right now (we will transfer to 1.8 when possible) produced by the Ultimat3 Mod Team. This mod focuses on the "end game" of modded minecraft where power and resources appear limitless and all that is left to do is build with the giant mass of resources you have obtained. We like to think of our mod as having four main pillars of gameplay that are as follows: A Particle Accelerator, Extreme Power Generation, Corporations and a Very Hard Dimension (which will center around the idea of Robots which could be considered a 5th pillar). We will release an early alpha jar for players to start trying out soon hopefully that will consist of the first big pillar Particle Accleration, which I will give a short description of down below along with a short description of the other pillars. Before I get to descriptions and paragraphs feel free to check out our github or our imgur album (I will also put the pictures in a spoiler below).

Click to reveal

As I promised above here is a short description of each of our pillars:

Particle Accelerator

This is a machine that requires a great number of resources to build and a great amount of power to maintain but can provide interesting additions to the gameplay of minecraft. Assuming great resources and power mean nothing to you, you can now use this multiblock to generate particles with different "abilities". There are a wide range of particlesthat can be produced like those you stick on our High Tech armor to provide extra protection, speed, health, or even special abilities like energy pulses. Other particles can be placed on our High Tech weapons to provide unique bonuses to them just like you did with armor. There are also particles such as the "Anti Matter" particle which is used in our next pillar Extreme Power Generation as well as the mysterious God Particle that has some various uses. I could explain how exactly this particle accelerator works as far as getting items out of it but that would take a post longer than this explaining the algorithm so for now I will just TL;DR it to there is no set crafting recipes for a large majority of these so stick stuff in and see what happens!

Extreme Power Generation
We wanted to provide an even more ridiculous power source than those that already exist for one because who doesn't love tons of power and two because we plan on having machines (like the particle accelerator) that almost require this type of power. The highest tier power source we are planning on at the moment is the Anti Matter Engine (with anti matter being obtained from the particle accelerator) and this machine would produce power on the magnitude of 5 million RF/tick but that number is not set in stone and we are working on a system that will make the efficiency depend on the setup so the player can get more or less power based on how well they build the engine.

Corporation
These are a feature that we think could be extremely cool for servers as well as single player to make the world feel more alive. In short these will be small multiblocks a player can build and then set to sell a certain class of item such as rare earth metals, gems, or even your extra power. There will be a universal currency so you can then buy from other corporations with that money to get some of a resource you may not have so much of while getting rid of a resource you have extra of with no use for it. We intend on servers being able to have buying and selling between players and single player we intend on having 1 of each corporation that is controlled by AI so that a player can still buy and sell with no other real players in the game.

Expo Tech Dimension
This is our final pillar where we intend for you to have already setup some extreme power, and a particle accelerator as a requirement to get here so that you have a chance at surviving and completing the dimension. There will be killer robots among many other things here and without the right armor and upgrades a player will hopelessly die over and over until they have acquired the right materials to have a fighting chance. It is harder to give a "short description" for an entire dimension but think of it like a computer dimension almost like tron with different tech biomes and tons of technology fighting back that is the best TL;DR I can give.

If you made it this far then thankyou for spending the time to sit here and read through a short description of the mod! I will be updating this post periodically as we hit certain milestones but I also want to take this moment to let you know we are seeking help with this mod! If you can program, models, textures, or know somebody that does then message me here or email me at snyperanihilatr1@gmail.com, I would be more than happy to give you a ton more information about the mod and get you started on helping with this very ambitious project!
snyperanihilatr
Level 1 : New Miner