Jaryn-R's Avatar Jaryn-R9/26/15 9:17 pm
1 emeralds 5.8k 46
3/13/2017 4:18 am
Jaryn-R's Avatar Jaryn-R
---- ExtendedAlpha ----

Join today!
Information Page: https://www.extendedalpha.org
Dev Site: https://dev.extendedalpha.org

Throughout my experiences in the Minecraft community I've noticed that there are hundreds of people who strive to be true Java/Plugin developer. Each of them, including myself, have continuously hit a brick wall as to where to start have failed to have a reliable teacher.

It changes with the start of a new community called ExtendedAlpha. A website dedicated to helping new developers become great ones. A place where you can learn with other people, make friends, share your creations, and interact with a responsive community.

Become a member today!

As ExtendedAlpha is a very new and fresh community it means we're looking for new community members to help fill in the gap. During an extended period of time we will be giving new community members the title "Opening member" to signify that they were apart of ExtendedAlpha from the beginning.

In addition to that, those who further contribute to our site will receive trophy's or awards to show off on their account. ExtendedAlpha has multiple trophy's that can award users based on events or personal accomplishments on our site.

An expert in developing? Contribute to our wiki!

One of the best things about ExtendedAlpha is that we have an open wiki page that allows everyone and anyone to post helpful articles for learning developers (To which are of course managed by our moderators). For those who create really well-done and informative articles there is a chance that it can be featured on the forums!

We accept sponsors!

ExtendedAlpha is looking to partner with companies and/or organizations to help us grow and become more well known. If you'd like to sponsor ExtendedAlpha please view our website for more information as every term all sponsors can be different.
Jaryn-R
Level 3 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/13/2017 4:18 am
Jaryn-R
Bumb
02/19/2017 3:23 pm
Jaryn-R
Bump*
02/05/2016 10:37 am
Jaryn-R
Bump*
01/22/2016 4:35 pm
Jaryn-R
ExtendedAlpha just got a huge update go check it out

http://www.extendedalpha.org/
01/17/2016 11:44 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
lord0ftacosThe site looks very nice. The only problem is that the first that I noticed when going on it, is that there are TONS of grammar errors.
Sorry for the down time earlier today our host and one of it fiber optic cable where cut by a company that where going to be adding a new server and it shut down our server. There was no harm on any of our server and no data loss.

"our host and one of it fiber optic cable where cut by a company that where"

Honestly that post REALLY needs to fixed. I would expect more even if it was written by a 9 year old. An official post on the main page of the website really needs to have better grammar than that. This is especially true while you are trying to become known and have people host their plugins on your site.

All of the grammatical errors are in progress of being fixed currently. Thank you for the notification. I've actually been going through the website recently to take note of the things that could use some improvement on. This would include the recent posts made in the past.

Thank you for being my eyes
01/17/2016 6:28 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
Wrote that advertisement for Jaryn-R. I checked out the website and it's a really nice place. Very good for people who are really willing to learn Java and for others to help teach.
01/16/2016 10:40 pm
Jaryn-R
Bump*
01/06/2016 1:32 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
01/06/2016 10:02 pm
Jaryn-R
Downloading is just like bukkit and spigot, it's very user friendly. Also where are you talking about grammer mistakes?
01/07/2016 7:29 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
01/07/2016 1:11 pm
Jaryn-R
Hmm this seems like a good idea i'll start looking into it.
01/06/2016 12:31 pm
Jaryn-R
Bumping thread we have updated a few things such as our theme and our database.
12/17/2015 7:32 pm
Jaryn-R
Bumping don't forget to go signup over on http://www.extendedalpha.org/ we have been making new changes everyday!
12/13/2015 12:39 pm
Jaryn-R
Bump!
12/10/2015 5:37 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
Alm0stFamous
The site looks very nice. The only problem is that the first that I noticed when going on it, is that there are TONS of grammar errors.
Sorry for the down time earlier today our host and one of it fiber optic cable where cut by a company that where going to be adding a new server and it shut down our server. There was no harm on any of our server and no data loss.

"our host and one of it fiber optic cable where cut by a company that where"

Honestly that post REALLY needs to fixed. I would expect more even if it was written by a 9 year old. An official post on the main page of the website really needs to have better grammar than that. This is especially true while you are trying to become known and have people host their plugins on your site.
12/06/2015 5:31 pm
Jaryn-R
bump
12/06/2015 6:51 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Are you just going to avoid my question?
11/15/2015 10:53 pm
Leeberator
This seems like a nice site, but I fear it's trying to fill a gap that isn't there.

What does it offer that BukkitDev and Spigot don't?
12/07/2015 10:53 am
Jaryn-R
Sorry i didn't see you question cause I used my phone to post this.

What do we have to offer? Not just yet we currently working on a new server softwere called alpha witch will run bukkit plugin and maby sponge we really haven't gotten that far yet right now we are just try to create a user base and have people start posting plugins and websites.
12/07/2015 2:09 pm
Leeberator
If you guys are able to create a stable server binary that can run Bukkit and Sponge plugins, that would be impressive.
12/10/2015 4:48 pm
Jaryn-R
It has differently been a few good test but we are still finding bad onces all the time as we test the server more and more this is open source but at the moment it's private code on github for my development team only.
12/10/2015 5:32 pm
Leeberator
If you guys get it working and get it working efficiently, I expect your project to become the go-to thing for creating a server.

Do you plan on adding Forge mod support, or will that be supported through Sponge? I think Sponge will have built-in Forge support, but I dunno.
11/15/2015 10:49 pm
Jaryn-R
bump
11/05/2015 11:56 am
Jaryn-R
We now have our own url shortener http://www.extalp.co/ feel free to use if you guys would like to. Also we are still looking for more moderators for our forums site http://www.extendedalpha.org/
11/03/2015 11:53 pm
Jaryn-R
We are still looking for new moderators.
11/02/2015 11:48 pm
Jaryn-R
Bump!
11/01/2015 10:47 pm
Jaryn-R
Bump
10/11/2015 12:44 pm
Jaryn-R
Bump!
10/09/2015 9:53 pm
Jaryn-R
Update

We are now looking for IRC staff if you are interested please PM on ExtendedAlpha after you have setup an account.
10/03/2015 7:08 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Is there any dedicated team checking for malicious uploads?
10/09/2015 9:50 pm
Jaryn-R
Yes there are a few people all was looking at plugins.
10/03/2015 4:44 pm
Jaryn-R
Bumping thread why not.
10/02/2015 2:01 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
Bump4u
10/01/2015 6:59 pm
Level 49 : Master Robot
RezzedUp
ExileDev
I just think you are probably a very closed minded person and not trying to do something in this world

Alright.

ExileDev
where do you think spigot and bukkit started?

• Bukkit (CraftBukkit) started as a modified Minecraft server to allow people to create plugins. Their whole community was already at one site, so it made sense to also host plugins at their site as well.
  • Spigot is a fork of CraftBukkit. Hosting plugins was a later addition to their community, but again, it makes sense for them since they're the ones who maintain the API for the plugins to work in the first place.

Neither of these sites were created for the sole purpose of hosting plugins, it was a result for what they are.

You can definitely try to beat out the competition (DevBukkit & SpigotMc), but that's simply unrealistic.
10/01/2015 6:24 pm
Jaryn-R
RezzedUp
The best place to post and DL Bukkit plugins

It's a bit early to start claiming this, right? As of posting, there are an entire two plugins on your site.

I really don't see this site taking off. DevBukkit is still used, and most devs choose to host their plugins on Spigot these days. You're creating a site in a space where there are already plenty of other sites well established.

I just think you are probably a very closed minded person and not trying to do something in this world where do you think spigot and bukkit started?
10/01/2015 4:53 pm
Level 49 : Master Robot
RezzedUp
The best place to post and DL Bukkit plugins

It's a bit early to start claiming this, right? As of posting, there are an entire two plugins on your site.

I really don't see this site taking off. DevBukkit is still used, and most devs choose to host their plugins on Spigot these days. You're creating a site in a space where there are already plenty of other sites well established.
10/01/2015 4:26 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Mage
DailyTuber
Nice site but it looks really similar to official spigot.
10/01/2015 6:23 pm
Jaryn-R
We are trying to change it so it doesn't look so much like spigot but also keeping it user friendly like spigot is.
10/01/2015 3:37 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
gabe4356
Looks cool, I'd apply for staff, but sadly, I've got my hands full at the moment developing a game, and various other side projects, but I might post some of my plugins on there
10/01/2015 6:23 pm
Jaryn-R
Sounds good!
10/01/2015 3:03 pm
Level 24 : Expert Scribe
Travis
I'll apply for staff..

I currently own a server and am learning HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python.
10/01/2015 1:56 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
mc2squared
Awesome site!

I don't have any specific staff history that can be cited (all of it was for servers that never really opened to the public or were just for plugin testing), could I get some testimonials from people I've done work with prior?

Anyways, I'm signing up - hopefully premium plugins can happen and I can post some of my work on there.
09/28/2015 12:39 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
[Reserved]
jk lol

Anyways, cool site.
10/01/2015 1:30 pm
Jaryn-R
Thanks!
09/28/2015 12:15 pm
Jaryn-R
Bump*
09/26/2015 9:30 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Nerd
FrozenSprite
I suggest here, honestly! Its a nice community, even afew FAMOUS people check in on the submissions sometime!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome