A few questions regarding the state of Minecraft

SimplyGrim's Avatar SimplyGrim6/25/16 9:39 am
6/25/2016 3:26 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
I'm coming back to Minecraft after a 2 year break and I have a few questions that I wasn't able to answer through google searches.

1. What is used as the main server API (I hear that bukkit has been forgotten)

2. Are cheaters still a problem?

3. Do people still say there from PMC and ask for op on servers?

Best Regards
-Simply Grim
SimplyGrim
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/25/2016 1:20 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Robot
MinetropiaGuy
Well last time I played Minecraft was in 2014 (1.8) I took a 9 months break and I used to code with Bukkit well idk but is Spigot the same?

06/25/2016 3:26 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Spigot is, for a lot of things, the exact same as Bukkit, but more optimized for performance.
06/25/2016 10:56 am
Level 31 : Artisan Network
-JollyCraft-
Welcome back! Besides the new look of minecraft.net and the screwed Combat:

1. Bukkit is very vunrable. Most severs run on Spigot, and Spigot uses less resources. And there are still enough Vanilla servers, the Minecraft server file by the creators is very resource-demanding.

2. Cheaters will always be a problem. According to the EULA (End User License Agreement) they still allow hacked clients as long they don't come in conflict with the terms. Servers can use anti-cheat programs/plugins/extensions, but while Minecraft is updating a lot more (1.10 came very fast in my opinion) plugin writers/developers can't lean back anymore! So that means more outdated plugins.

3. After making notes of 'kids' that are trying to get a higher permission by announcing that they are from PMC and wan't OP, our counter is stuck around +-110. So the amount of 'try-hards' is decreasing. Which means that PMC and OP can get removed from the Spam/Swear list!

Greetings,
-DennisLoader (JC Administrator)
06/25/2016 10:31 am
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
1. I don't usually use mods or plugins since my computer just loves to crash when I use them. I've used both, and they do the exact same thing for me so I don't care.

2. Cheaters will always be a problem, no matter what game you're playing. It's up to the player to adapt to cheaters, such as my brother and I do on block hunt. The trick is to team up on them. You would be surprised how often this works. (Also, the REAL problem on Mineplex is hackusating.)

3. Yes, and as with cheaters, they appear in other games and not just Minecraft. Team Fortress 2 had the same problem for a while, and I think it's still going. I personally think experiencing the normal gameplay without OP stuff is more reviewable, since that is what most players will be doing.
06/25/2016 10:23 am
Level 23 : Expert Modder
SirBlobman
1) Spigot contains the original Bukkit code, and so, creating plugins is exactly the same
They add a few things and are a bit less laggy when I tested it.

2) Cheater's will always be a problem, no matter what we do. Unless Mojang implements something to ban accounts from all of Minecraft, I don't think cheaters will ever leave

3) Last week I saw people still trying to get OP. They will do anything
06/25/2016 9:48 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Resadire2011
Bukkit isn't popular any more - in fact at all.
Spigot is the new king.

Cheaters are still a problem - especially on Mineplex.

Oh yea, people really do still try and get OP saying they joined to 'review the server'. It's ridiculous.
06/25/2016 9:49 am
Level 1 : New Network
SimplyGrim
Is Spigot similar to Bukkit or will I have to relearn everything?
06/25/2016 10:24 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Spigot originated from Bukkit, Spigot added more optimizations to make the server less laggy and stuff like that and more.
06/25/2016 10:19 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Resadire2011
O, I really think they are similar.
06/25/2016 9:47 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
1.) ...

2.) Always

3.) Haven't encountered any actually ( maybe on small servers? idk )
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome