[1.3.2] FIELD OF DIMENSIONS [Help Needed!] {BIGGEST MOD}

Loreguy's Avatar Loreguy7/7/12 5:48 am
1 emeralds 3.7k 167
3/16/2013 3:01 am
Andrewizard's Avatar Andrewizard
Field of Dimensions, also known as FoD, is an ambitious project that puts a step forward into making Minecraft into an engaged RPG adventure, while still keeping all of the creativity and freedom aspects intact. FoD further delves into the history, build an complexity of the already existing Dimensions, and adds more just as complex.

What we plan: Ores and Items are nothing new to mods, but we go further than this, adding liquids, mobs, and machines that interact with the world. The world also changes according to the actions that have been taken, and each Dimension, Boss, and Mob is given a unique History, or "Lore" which is collected in the Book of Lore, each time gathering more data on your surroundings, and unraveling Steve's secret.

How we plan to achieve this: Mainly, through coding... But trully now, we plan to do this by working hard, modding, texturing, and adding sounds. We hope to have support from the community, and to have many people enthusiastically joining our ranks, and flooding us with their creativity.

Where we gather: Now, this isn't just any old piece of information, these web pages are top secret, no kidding. So * shh*... don't tell anyone I told you:
Blog (Official Posts): http://minecraftmxp.blogspot.com/
Forum: http://fieldsofd.forumotion.com/
Minecraft Forum Official Thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/128 ... -alpha-02/

What we have so far:
This mod has recently initiated, but we have surely made loads of progress, modding relentlessly while battling a three-headed dragon and balancing on a single foot. We are right now working on version 0.4 for the Mod, and the change log can be found on the Blog.

For 0.4 We plan on adding LOADS more things, like bosses, machines, more mobs, ores, weapons!

No pics, no clicks? Well, then you've come to the right place.

Click to reveal
Spellbound Diamond Crafting:

Spellbound Diamond:

Spellbound Tools Set:

(Do note that the crafting recipes have changed)

Purifier GUI (It breaks apart items, leaving raw material. It also has some. . . Secrets):

Quest GUI:

A Short Summary:
Click to reveal
Steve awakes in the World. Hungry and unable to remember. Flashes of light blind him as he gets up, and a vague memory of a Book cracks through his maimed memory. This world is unknown to him... or is it? He senses something similar in here... something he yearns for.
Steve shakes his drowsiness and sets off into the clear vast Overworld... yes... that's what it's called; Overworld. The Sun shines upon him as he discovers large virgin forests of deep oak wood. The lumber falls as he cracks it with his mighty fists.
He experiments, molding the lumber into shapes and sizes, until he reaches the perfection of the Workbench. Through many yeas, and countless trial and errors, he has learned how to make mighty weapons and strong building... forgetting how he came and the memory of the Book.
That is, until he found it. Never had he seen buildings not made by his own hand, nor had he seen books not written by his own pen. It was a vast underground building, made from old cracked stone bricks, a testament to an ancient race.
The corridors twisted and turned, inhabited by evil worms and creatures that lurked i the obscure places of the Stronghold. He felt something within him as he approached a large open room. He peered through a high opening in the wall. Beneath him he saw a starry sky, moving like rippling water when a fish swims under it. But he also saw the Ender Guard.
He wore a large piece of armor, underneath he only saw two glowing purple eyes, filled with blood lust. Steve had not encountered such a creature before, for it was unique to these buildings. He jumped, ready to smite him o the head, but the creature leaped to the side, making a jab at Steve's collarbone. Steve quickly side-stepped, thrusting his blade forward as the Guard strode toward him, opening his armor ad dropping his entrails on the ground. He had been defeated.
Somehow Steve knew what to do next. He rushed into the portal, appearing into the next side of it.

A large beating of wings blared, making him nearly deaf. All around him there were Ender Men, he was hopelessly outnumbered. His eyes evaded theirs. He could see a large Dragon soaring in the sky, barely visible against the dark contrast.
It lunged at him.
Steve raised his sword and tried o pierce the Dragon's scales, to which only a mere few broke off and scattered the ground. The repetitive attacks and his weak counter attacks left him heaving. However, when all seemed lost the Dragon lunged, wings tucked and eyes victorious. Steve could only lift his sword above his head for a while, so he calculated, and thrust it above.
There was a blinding light and Steve felt rejuvenated as experience filled his veins, rushing into his muscles and intoxicating his system with victory. He opened his eyes and felt something clutching at him, he had been deprived of his sword and the Ender Men clutched at him with their hands, but now something was different. Their eyes had turned a beautiful green. They ported him away into a small town underneath the ground.

They offered him food and told him their story. How they had once thrived, and that a creature called the Berrsch Gruan had driven them into the Ender. Some others had gone into the Nether. They told him of how a Great Evil was taking all the Universes and making all Sentient Beings into slaves.
They gave him a book, called the Book of Lore, which they said would guide him. He was special. It was said that a Different would come and liberate them, and he was here.
The Ender Men showed him a way into another World called Skyr, although it had many names during all of its history. It had been called Eterika, or Anemos, maybe even Aeria in its old times. They told him that in there, he would find he who would give him his quests, and drive him to his Fate: To liberate the Field of Dimensions.

Purpose of This Post:
Like I said, this wouldn't be possible without the support of the Minecraft community, so we need people to get enthusiastic about this, to spread the word. We also need more Hard and Creative Workers, Coders, Texturers, Writers, GUI Artists, everything and anything! So come on!

Name:
Desired Post:
Examples of Previous Work:
Skype or Not?:
Minecraft Name (Optional):

We also need suggestions, and like I said, we need the word spread. Please comment and tell us what you think we NAILED or what you think we FAILED, tell us how to make it better!
Thanks for having read this! Your opinion counts!

-The FoD Team
Loreguy
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/16/2013 3:01 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Modder
Andrewizard
Name: Andrew Eeckman
Desired Post: Coder
Examples of Previous Work: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/warf ... ing-pills/ (Don't Judge Me Based On This Mod, I Can Do A Lot More).
Skype or Not?: Andrew Eeckman
Minecraft Name (Optional): Andrewizard.
02/04/2013 2:33 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Modder
duke_Frans
We need moddelers!
01/29/2013 1:38 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Modder
ehdfawq3er
Did I hear "Java code"? Awesome.
01/25/2013 9:56 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc426761
[deleted]
01/25/2013 9:50 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
Transmit Gaming
can you make the models in blender?
01/27/2013 2:50 pm
Level 47 : Master Spelunker
vaxivop
Aslong as it can be converted to Java code, you are free to use whatever you want
01/19/2013 6:48 pm
vaxivop
Hello everyone. Quick update; we are in need of modellers right now. You have to be skilled because some of the mobs are the size of the Ender Dragon. If you have what it takes, either reply to this post or PM me
01/18/2013 2:39 pm
Level 46 : Master Elf
kontrano
well im not much of a texturer programer and stuff but i have some great ideas for making this the best rpg mod ever ive played rpg games since i was 8

ign:kontrano

some ideas
add diferent races and a race choosing menu

make special npc villages wich you can interact with better like smiths traders taverns ext

add a currency for interacting with npc's
01/18/2013 7:46 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Penitus Vox
Thanks a lot! Any input it welcomed. I'll just give my thoughts:

I'm somewhat iffy on races. The main story line focuses on Steve, one only one of his species. It would be challenging to make it feel the same if you could just change to a different race.

We're doing exactly that with the Endermen. After the dragon is killed, the ones in the end are freed of the magic that held them and their eyes turn green. When you come back to the end, an End Complex has been built underground. You use Ender Pearls as a currency with these Friendly Endermen.
01/18/2013 2:17 pm
ehdfawq3er
Just wanted to make a quick summary of everything
- The base dimension of Skyr is .... done!
WIP: Terrain > Other stuff
Coders: TheBoo99, Core_Coder, Yaram (has left), (duke_Frans, bgwoo, dreadiscool)
01/18/2013 10:10 am
Penitus Vox
Both of you have been contacted.

I wanted to note that just normal Graphic Designers would be of help, to make banners and such.

So, to summarize (from other posts) who we would love to help us at this moment:

Modders. Always good, even if they're just here to consult.

Texturers. Again, always good. A range of different styles and talent is also rather important, I think.

Graphic Designers. As I said above, banners and things would be nice to have on hand. They could, having an artistic eye, possibly consult with the texturers as well.

Builders. We're going to make structures so we need some builders!

Anyone and everyone else. Honestly, ideas are what've been keeping this mod alive and there is probably so much we haven't thought of yet. So please, head on to our forum and look around, get inspired!
01/17/2013 5:59 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
iancarroll
LoreguyField of Dimensions, also known as FoD, is an ambitious project that puts a step forward into making Minecraft into an engaged RPG adventure, while still keeping all of the creativity and freedom aspects intact. FoD further delves into the history, build an complexity of the already existing Dimensions, and adds more just as complex.

What we plan: Ores and Items are nothing new to mods, but we go further than this, adding liquids, mobs, and machines that interact with the world. The world also changes according to the actions that have been taken, and each Dimension, Boss, and Mob is given a unique History, or "Lore" which is collected in the Book of Lore, each time gathering more data on your surroundings, and unraveling Steve's secret.

How we plan to achieve this: Mainly, through coding... But trully now, we plan to do this by working hard, modding, texturing, and adding sounds. We hope to have support from the community, and to have many people enthusiastically joining our ranks, and flooding us with their creativity.

Where we gather: Now, this isn't just any old piece of information, these web pages are top secret, no kidding. So * shh*... don't tell anyone I told you:
Minecraft Forum Official Thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/128 ... -alpha-02/

What we have so far:
This mod has recently initiated, but we have surely made loads of progress, modding relentlessly while battling a three-headed dragon and balancing on a single foot. We are right now working on version 0.4 for the Mod, and the change log can be found on the Blog.

For 0.4 We plan on adding LOADS more things, like bosses, machines, more mobs, ores, weapons!

Click to reveal

Spellbound Diamond:

Spellbound Tools Set:

Purifier GUI (It breaks apart items, leaving raw material. It also has some. . . Secrets):

Quest GUI:

A Short Summary:
Click to reveal
Steve awakes in the World. Hungry and unable to remember. Flashes of light blind him as he gets up, and a vague memory of a Book cracks through his maimed memory. This world is unknown to him... or is it? He senses something similar in here... something he yearns for.
Steve shakes his drowsiness and sets off into the clear vast Overworld... yes... that's what it's called; Overworld. The Sun shines upon him as he discovers large virgin forests of deep oak wood. The lumber falls as he cracks it with his mighty fists.
He experiments, molding the lumber into shapes and sizes, until he reaches the perfection of the Workbench. Through many yeas, and countless trial and errors, he has learned how to make mighty weapons and strong building... forgetting how he came and the memory of the Book.
That is, until he found it. Never had he seen buildings not made by his own hand, nor had he seen books not written by his own pen. It was a vast underground building, made from old cracked stone bricks, a testament to an ancient race.
The corridors twisted and turned, inhabited by evil worms and creatures that lurked i the obscure places of the Stronghold. He felt something within him as he approached a large open room. He peered through a high opening in the wall. Beneath him he saw a starry sky, moving like rippling water when a fish swims under it. But he also saw the Ender Guard.
He wore a large piece of armor, underneath he only saw two glowing purple eyes, filled with blood lust. Steve had not encountered such a creature before, for it was unique to these buildings. He jumped, ready to smite him o the head, but the creature leaped to the side, making a jab at Steve's collarbone. Steve quickly side-stepped, thrusting his blade forward as the Guard strode toward him, opening his armor ad dropping his entrails on the ground. He had been defeated.
Somehow Steve knew what to do next. He rushed into the portal, appearing into the next side of it.

A large beating of wings blared, making him nearly deaf. All around him there were Ender Men, he was hopelessly outnumbered. His eyes evaded theirs. He could see a large Dragon soaring in the sky, barely visible against the dark contrast.
It lunged at him.
Steve raised his sword and tried o pierce the Dragon's scales, to which only a mere few broke off and scattered the ground. The repetitive attacks and his weak counter attacks left him heaving. However, when all seemed lost the Dragon lunged, wings tucked and eyes victorious. Steve could only lift his sword above his head for a while, so he calculated, and thrust it above.
There was a blinding light and Steve felt rejuvenated as experience filled his veins, rushing into his muscles and intoxicating his system with victory. He opened his eyes and felt something clutching at him, he had been deprived of his sword and the Ender Men clutched at him with their hands, but now something was different. Their eyes had turned a beautiful green. They ported him away into a small town underneath the ground.

They offered him food and told him their story. How they had once thrived, and that a creature called the Berrsch Gruan had driven them into the Ender. Some others had gone into the Nether. They told him of how a Great Evil was taking all the Universes and making all Sentient Beings into slaves.
They gave him a book, called the Book of Lore, which they said would guide him. He was special. It was said that a Different would come and liberate them, and he was here.
The Ender Men showed him a way into another World called Skyr, although it had many names during all of its history. It had been called Eterika, or Anemos, maybe even Aeria in its old times. They told him that in there, he would find he who would give him his quests, and drive him to his Fate: To liberate the Field of Dimensions.

Purpose of This Post:
Like I said, this wouldn't be possible without the support of the Minecraft community, so we need people to get enthusiastic about this, to spread the word. We also need more Hard and Creative Workers, Coders, Texturers, Writers, GUI Artists, everything and anything! So come on!

Name:
Desired Post:
Skype or Not?:

We also need suggestions, and like I said, we need the word spread. Please comment and tell us what you think we NAILED or what you think we FAILED, tell us how to make it better!

-The FoD Team

I must say I like where you're going with this. My company (5thBlock) would love to host your forum and blog and give it a little facelift. (for free, of course).
You can PM me or just email me at hello@snapstudiodesign.com

Cheers!
01/17/2013 5:51 pm
FoolDude
Oh haha, forgot to add, my IGN is dreadiscool too
01/17/2013 5:49 pm
FoolDude
Name: dreadiscool
Desired Post: Modder
I've been running servers for almost 2 years now, and I know a LOT about computers, performance optimization, and the inner workings of the Minecraft protocol. Although I am relatively new to modding, I feel as if this will be something easy for me to pick up. I've been programming in "real" languages for almost 2 years, specializing in Java and C#. I also am good with website development, and can work with PHP, HTML5, CSS, JavaScript, and MySQL.

I've coded plugins that completely rewrite how gameplay works for Minecraft, including a zombie infection gametype, unique perks for a combat system, permissions systems, ranks systems, as well as a mysql-based ranking system. I like to think that I specialize in getting the job done in the most efficient manner.

I've made almost all of the plugins on the server craftera.com, where I am a co owner right now

While there are a lot of plugins on there, I have a few abandoned plugins that I no longer develop as they have outlived their usefulness. I've written a plugin similar, but different from CTF. Basically, two teams must capture gold from a central location and bring it back to their base. It cycled through maps and rounds, and autobalanced teams. I've written a plugin that ran an entire economy server, from having its own dynamic economy to in-built plot management.

Of course, developing with Minecraft requires one to adapt debugging styles - since it is not possible to enter breakpoints in code, or to enter a line-by-line mode, I have developed a profound amount of experience in analyzing code, often other people's code as well, in order to find bugs and stop them before they happen, since usually, the time it takes to save a change, compile it, and run the client is no short time.

I've developed, for the second time, from the ground up, the site at www.craftera.com utilizing a lot of jQuery.

Skype or not?: dreadiscool

I'm online for most of the day. I'm on eastern standard time. At the time of posting, it is 5:50PM.
01/17/2013 5:35 pm
Penitus Vox
bgwooI ignored your contact request, I forgot I applied yesterday. Can you please send me the contact request again.

Thanks,
bgwoo

No problem. I sent it again.
01/16/2013 7:04 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Hero
bgwoo
Name: bgwoo
Examples of Previous Work: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/the- ... dimension/
Skype or Not?: bgwoo.minecraft
Minecraft Name (Optional): bgwoo
01/17/2013 4:21 pm
Penitus Vox
Much thanks, mate. I've sent you a contact request. We look forward to working with you as well!

We do also need texturers and modelers. So if anyone has any experience in either please do submit an application!

Thanks.
01/17/2013 4:55 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Hero
bgwoo
God Dam it, I ignored your contact request, I forgot I applied yesterday. Can you please send me the contact request again.

Thanks,
bgwoo
01/15/2013 4:11 pm
Penitus Vox
Sorry for the late post. I has some personal issues to attend.

I added you on Skype, duke. We look forward to working with you.

Work on Skyr coming along nicely. The bare bones should be done soon, we can then make it all spiffy. Please check back often!
01/11/2013 9:42 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Modder
duke_Frans
Name: duke_Frans
Desired Post: Modder/texturer
Examples of Previous Work: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/146- ... rld-types/
Skype or Not?: Yes, its the same as previous names ^^^^
Minecraft Name (Optional): duke_Frans.
01/04/2013 10:17 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Programmer
NuclearBanana
Name: NuclearBanana
Examples of Previous Work: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/the- ... -beta-015/
Skype or Not?: Yes
Minecraft Name (Optional): GeneralCreeper (I'm getting new one soon)
12/19/2012 7:17 pm
Penitus Vox
markd315Sorry, but All Dem Dimensions is better.

Our mod takes place after The End, whereas their's takes place before.

ADD and FoD may join up in the future, once both are done. However, that is a long time away.
12/15/2012 6:25 pm
Level 40 : Master Modder
markd315
LoreguyField of Dimensions, also known as FoD, is an ambitious project that puts a step forward into making Minecraft into an engaged RPG adventure, while still keeping all of the creativity and freedom aspects intact. FoD further delves into the history, build an complexity of the already existing Dimensions, and adds more just as complex.

What we have so far:

Click to reveal

Spellbound Diamond:

Spellbound Tools Set:

Quest GUI:

A Short Summary:
Click to reveal

It lunged at him.

Purpose of This Post:

Name:
Desired Post:
Skype or Not?:

-The FoD Team

Sorry, but All Dem Dimensions is better.
12/13/2012 10:55 am
ehdfawq3er
Woo! More people!
12/09/2012 5:51 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Nerd
Noobator
Name: Blake Collins
Desired Post: Modelling
Examples of Previous Work: I have not helped make minecraft mods, but i have modelled a few things in Cinema 4D r12
Skype or Not?: Yes: blakerobert02
Minecraft Name (Optional): noobator1225
12/13/2012 10:31 am
Penitus Vox
Hey, thanks for your application. I've sent a request on Skype and would love to work with you! When you have a chance please send me an example of your work, that being a new model or an old one.

Mod development has been somewhat slow as of late, due to having to update to 1.4 and switching over to Forge. Thank you to the people who are patiently waiting!
11/15/2012 2:55 pm
Level 47 : Master Elf
admin4cc
Name: admin4cc
Desired Post: I would like to work with textures for this great mod idea you have here.
Examples of Previous Work: Currently two texture packs. Kirby Super Star Texture Pack. (most popular kirby texture pack 4 days) And my Training Craft Texture Pack which is a Texture Pack aimed at helping new people understand the game.
Skype or Not?: not.
Minecraft Name (Optional): admin4cc
11/15/2012 9:12 pm
Penitus Vox
Sure. Go on ahead to our forums and find something that strikes your creative fancy.
11/10/2012 10:04 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer
peonftw
As a mod, I wish to lock this, but alas, I'm part of the team. -.-
11/15/2012 2:45 pm
Penitus Vox
Why close the thread? We may not need help anymore, for the moment at least, but its still applicable.
11/10/2012 2:33 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Toast
Xistence
I enjoy bumping things aswell ^_^
11/10/2012 2:07 am
ehdfawq3er
I'm a bumper
10/17/2012 2:26 pm
Level 40 : Master Artist
xstevens o
Ok so I was accepted by you on page 9 and i was wondering what next? I am a texturer. Maybe add me on Skype and tell me things there?
My Skype: xstevens_o
10/17/2012 3:52 pm
vaxivop
PM me your skype and i will invite you to our group. Also please present yourself at the forums: http://fieldsofd.forumotion.com/
10/12/2012 10:09 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer
peonftw
I can only do simple mobs that run around and try to kill you :3
10/12/2012 2:20 pm
Level 24 : Expert Cake
SynTroller
Name:SynTroller aka Margus Saldre
Desired Post:I'd make you some textures
Examples of Previous Work: I've made a texture b4 and I'm making a new one soon
Skype or Not?:marx3105
Minecraft Name (Optional): SynTroller
10/17/2012 1:48 pm
vaxivop
Sure, join up on the FoD Chatroom when you are available or make a forum post on the forums and we will look throught it Remember to post some examples of your work.

peonftwI can only do simple mobs that run around and try to kill you :3

Do the same as SynTroller
10/12/2012 2:15 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Cthulhucompany
here is the new one:

http://imgur.com/tY2uq

zoom in for best quality...
10/12/2012 2:05 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Toast
Ebic
Need a banner designer of some sort? Hit me up.
10/12/2012 1:55 pm
Level 27 : Expert Musician
DominoFirey
w00t da fuq Cool awesome great !!! , i would add a diamond
10/12/2012 1:43 pm
Cthulhucompany
here is my Corrupt Ore:

http://imgur.com/Lt4Bx

zoom in or you will not be able to see it...
10/12/2012 1:57 pm
vaxivop
If you mean corrupt stone, we need something more... corrupty . It needs to be completely corrupted, not just some purple and green dots.
10/12/2012 2:10 pm
Cthulhucompany
oh.... ok!!
10/12/2012 1:22 pm
vaxivop
Cthulhucompany
Penitus Vox
Cthulhucompanybut what should i do??

Just choose something and go from there. Post your textures on our forum.

choose from wut??

Read my post...
10/12/2012 1:17 pm
Cthulhucompany
Penitus Vox

Ok
10/12/2012 12:24 pm
parodylyricsmaker
i was wonderin if i can texture for you plz
10/12/2012 12:26 pm
vaxivop
As for everyone else that is a texturer: Go to http://fieldsofd.forumotion.com/t118-skyr-information or http://fieldsofd.forumotion.com/t122-ge ... nformation and pick one of the items or blocks and texture them. Then put them on this forum:
http://fieldsofd.forumotion.com/f1-textures
10/12/2012 11:47 am
Penitus Vox

10/12/2012 11:12 am
Cthulhucompany
Penitus Vox
peonftwIs it possible to animate using techne?
Also, am I accepted in any way? :3

Its just a modeler, you do animation later.
And yes, of course. :3
Can you do mobs?

Cthulhucompanyi could make some of the textures if you want

Go right ahead. Somethings might already be done or worked on but more textures to choose from helps.

BenjamiinNoRIf you mean like writing stories about mobs and bosses I could do that, let me know and I will make an application!

No need to make an application, just go right ahead to our Fan Fiction subforum and post what you wrote there.

Thanks!

but what should i do??
10/12/2012 11:00 am
Cthulhucompany
Name: Otto
Specialty: textures
Examples of Work: none
Do you have a Skype? Y/N yup
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024