Fill clock lag help

HawkpathAS's Avatar HawkpathAS7/11/14 7:40 pm
1 emeralds 551 3
7/15/2014 10:06 am
Jmal116's Avatar Jmal116
Hi guys! I'm using a fill clock in my new minigame map, but after about 12.5 minutes of running it, I get extreme lag (a little bit of framerate lag, but mostly singleplayer "server" lag). I have read that to fix this, you can just put it in far away constantly loaded spawn chunks. However, with my minigame, the world spawn is constantly changing, so that option is a bit out of the question. If there is no other way, I'll have to change some game features, but I'd obviously rather not do that. I would like to know if this lag persists in actual servers (not just in singleplayer) and if there is another way to fix this.
HawkpathAS
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/15/2014 10:06 am
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
I've actually had this issue before, and I just assumed it was only on my computer. The other thing I noticed was that for me the issue only existed in the snapshots, so if you or someone else has made a bug report for it it could likely be fixed in the future. As for whether it continues on servers, I honestly have no clue, however I would image that it would still carry over.
07/11/2014 10:02 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
HawkpathAS
I'm actually using it to set where a compass is pointing (towards an objective in the game). And my lag isn't related to framerate, it's that the clientside server starts lagging (commands and chat is delayed, just like server lag).
07/11/2014 8:59 pm
Level 20 : Expert Engineer
TheRedSkorpion
To fix the lag, you could try to turn your particles off, that might help a little.You said that you were changing the world spawn in your game, I assume you do that to set the spawn of the people who play it.
If this is the case, you can use another way to set the spawn of play without using /setworldspawn. Instead, use /spawnpoint <player> <x> <y> <z>.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome