First EVER Drawing of my minecraft guy (on PC)

Ender_'s Avatar Ender_7/30/14 6:06 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 31
9/16/2014 6:12 am
Ludicrous's Avatar Ludicrous
Hey guys, Ender here with my first ever Photoshop drawing of my minecraft guy
Yes, I know, It's not the best, but please no hate, its my first drawing EVER. Anywho, if you haven't already, please vote on my drawing in the poll above ^^^^^. Here it is:

~Ender~
Ender_
Level 12 : Journeyman Pig

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2014 6:12 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
09/14/2014 2:46 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Goblin
-TheGrimCreeper-
So cute!
09/14/2014 2:45 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
I voted it's not the best. It looks really cool though, don't stop!
09/14/2014 2:41 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
HAHHAHHAHA! XDD
It's funny! But a very good try when it's your first on PC ;p
09/13/2014 9:24 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BonzoDoot
Just keep drawing and you'll keep getting better and better. A good drawing app for practicing on Ipad/Iphone would be Drawcast. That's how I started out.
09/13/2014 11:00 am
Level 20 : Expert Mountaineer
Redddeh
Or use the magical tool known as paper
09/13/2014 1:21 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BonzoDoot
Lol
09/13/2014 8:29 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
DuskRaine
its leg looks like u broke it. X_X
09/13/2014 6:54 am
Level 20 : Expert Mountaineer
Redddeh
Do you want my kind or honest opinion?
09/12/2014 8:16 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
Lines are a bit shaky, work on that nest time. And remember never give up!
09/12/2014 8:12 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
EdgyTheEdgeHog
Not trying to be mean but did you use MS Paint to make that?
09/12/2014 7:12 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
DJ_optic
Ender_ i know there is much hate here but i love it i see potential i absolutely love your work could you do me some please? Im a real fan and i think you can go big. Also guys see through the first bit of art and look for what the future can bring.
09/12/2014 7:07 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
SkyGeckoMC
That's not how perspective works. It seems that this is 3 dimensional in a million wierd directions. The lines are all in the wrong places.
09/12/2014 7:05 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
Proportionally the body looks a bit odd like why is the right leg so small and skinny compared to the left one which is very thick. Blueboytech has a point about height also unless you were trying to make the character short on purpose they should have more elongated body and legs.

Some people already mentioned but try to make your lines more consistent less wobbly. Some programs have a "smoothing" effect if you will with the brushes but if you don't know how to do that or if your program does not have that ability you should go over the area again and try to make nicer lines. You can do this by either by erasing that part or you could just try to make new lines over the old one and erase the old line afterwards.

Another thing that bothers me is your sword looks very dull XD, make sure to retain the shape of pointed edges on sharp objects.
09/12/2014 7:01 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
I voted "I hate it". It seemed like the lower option under "Eh, not the best" even though I don't genuinely hate it.

Anyway, I'd suggest taking some line tool, bending it the way you like, the color it in. Also, remember to use and name layers for several objects of your picture. Like one for the clothes, sword, hair, skin ect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihld11dyO6E Suggestion, watch this
09/12/2014 6:50 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nether Knight
blueboytech24
I voted on it being ok, you should go for a taller art style, like this:
07/30/2014 9:23 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
DalekPotato
SweatshirtIf you're using Photoshop or Gimp you can click on one area of your canvas, hold shit<<< this is the funniest typo ever - and click on another area to draw straight lines to help retain a blocky look. Other than that I'd focus on the size of the legs (making them equal) and I'd say it's pretty good.

Everybody starts somewhere, and I'd say you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing. Keep it up!

Lol
07/30/2014 9:07 pm
Level 23 : Expert Crab
Morneite
SweatshirtIf you're using Photoshop or Gimp you can click on one area of your canvas, hold shit<<< this is the funniest typo ever - and click on another area to draw straight lines to help retain a blocky look. Other than that I'd focus on the size of the legs (making them equal) and I'd say it's pretty good.

Everybody starts somewhere, and I'd say you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing. Keep it up!
07/30/2014 7:19 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Sweatshirt
If you're using Photoshop or Gimp you can click on one area of your canvas, hold shit and click on another area to draw straight lines to help retain a blocky look. Other than that I'd focus on the size of the legs (making them equal) and I'd say it's pretty good.

07/30/2014 6:32 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
EnderLordz
I said Eh,its ok not the best because its good and i probably would of done mine the exact same way :3
07/30/2014 6:26 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
VertziForte
Well yeah it's not the best. I don't want to be rude but you can recreate this on easier programs like an online painter or mspaint. o_o;;

There are some techniques like maybe shift clicking which I think would let you connect the point of where you last clicked at; make a line layer so you can adjust the pressure and the curve of the lines, etc etc.
As well as the things that photoshop gives you like layer options, those are pretty good for subtle effects.
07/30/2014 6:30 pm
Ender_
ok
07/30/2014 6:25 pm
Ender_
Before any flames are lit, I made this drawing for fun, I was board. So if you absolutely hate it, vote. Try not to spark any flames guys, ok?

On the brighter side, thanks for all the feedback
07/30/2014 6:25 pm
Level 20 : Expert Geek
Anime_Fan
It's too close together and not a lot of detail... Other then that its good
07/30/2014 6:23 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Marvel Geek
Ender_ArmyHey guys, Ender here with my first ever Photoshop drawing of my minecraft guy
Yes, I know, It's not the best, but please no hate, its my first drawing EVER. Anywho, if you haven't already, please vote on my drawing in the poll above ^^^^^. Here it is:

~Ender~

um
07/30/2014 6:20 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Creeper
Da Creepa11
Its ok but I think you need to make the lines smaller and possibly put more detail in
I think most people go for art like my channel art
http://www.youtube.com/TDMthediamondminer1
I know its hard to make (I didnt make it) but I recon with a bit more practise and a good ammoun of time put into it (Not rushing) you could make something as good as it (I am not boasting, I am just trying to encourage you/him/her/them, I think mine is birlliant but I didn't make it so its fair enough)
07/30/2014 6:15 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Not a fan because it's not "Square".
It's kind of like trying to draw Patrick normally, then drawing this:

My advice is to spend more time perfecting it.
07/30/2014 6:17 pm
Ender_
Thanks for the feedback
07/30/2014 6:09 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
I voted Eh, Its OK, not the best. Cause yes, it is okay, but it is a bit weird looking, and the lines are a little bit too large.
07/30/2014 6:11 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
Captaindogfish
Agree! +1
07/30/2014 6:11 pm
Ender_
Thanks for the feed back!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com