Fix up- The blog section project

ImaLittleCreeper's Avatar ImaLittleCreeper6/17/14 10:06 pm
1 emeralds 2.9k 59
10/17/2014 10:15 pm
JoaoPauloC100's Avatar JoaoPauloC100

Please feel free to message these people as they are open and willing to help you with blogging. Pick someone you feel you'd work best with!

Chronalga
Hey everyone! Chron here! I'm a semi-retired blogger/server owner/forum member who would love to assist the next generation in the ways of blogging! My style of blogging tends to be very logic-based, using experience and facts to prove my point. Admittedly, though, some of my blogs have grammatical errors and formatting errors, but, hey, nobody's perfect. Hopefully this program will allow me to jump back into the industry, and this old dog might learn some new tricks from those I assist.

ETminecraft
I'm a somewhat new (3 months) blogger here, and I am also somewhat well-known in the Blogging section. I've been on the site for nearly 3 years, though I never really uploaded anything or touched the forums. My blogging format usually remains the same through each, and I blog on various topics. Sometimes I do rants, sometimes I do articles, and sometimes I do tutorials. While I'm not some ultra-famous scribe lord, I personally believe I have quite the knack for writing.

ImaLittleCreeper
I love blogging, and it's really the only thing I post on PMC. I'm really open to help with spelling, grammar, thumbnails, blog ideas, and ways to beautify your blogs! Happy posting!

Click to reveal
Short Bio. (For people to read a little about you first)-
How many blogs have you written-
Most popular blog?-
What you think is your best blog-

Forum Signature

New blogger spotlight
This cute little first blog was made by MissMinecraftGirl, it's a guide on surviving your first night in minecraft
ImaLittleCreeper
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/17/2014 10:15 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
JoaoPauloC100
I need a mentor.
Soon I'll begin writing more and more stories, and more and more episodes, and a mentor would be great! Just PM me I guess?
Thank you!
10/10/2014 2:42 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Taco
ReversePlasmaX
http://reverseplasma.net/
Hey!
I am a blogger from Australia. We are currently going ahead to release our magazine!

I love your plans and ideas! If you want any hep at all just yell out!
10/01/2014 2:38 am
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
PukedOutKiwi
@ImaLittleCreeper
It appears that ETMinecraft either doesn't want to mentor me, or he is taking a break from PMC. Either ways, I'd like to request a new mentor.
09/21/2014 6:31 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Architect
jduartemiller
I really like this idea. It seems like it could work out in a similar way that the project community seems to help out other builders. If i can offer my services, i'd be happy to. While i don't write blogs often, and i tend to prefer a more utilitarian approach to writing here, i see the value of other genres within blogging, and may be able to help get this going.

Short Bio. (For people to read a little about you first)- I am an architecture student entering my final year of my education. On this site, I am primarily a builder. That's where i have primarily gained my notoriety. I love building both recreations of real world buildings and trying out design experiments and building my studio projects in game. I really enjoy writing, and can often ramble on for days about any given topic, but i am often extremely picky with what i chose to present. Regarding this site, i often write when the occasion arises, though i prefer to take a pragmatic approach and offer something to answer questions people have asked me.

How many blogs have you written- I have written a total of three blogs here

Most popular blog?- The Answer to the Ultimate Question (a tutorial on Chunky and rendering in general)
What you think is your best blog- Piercing Cold Blue, which was a story i wrote for a community contest. I don't write stories often enough, but greatly enjoyed both the premise to the contest and writing this story.
09/21/2014 2:03 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Geek
Skullduggerycain
Creeper, are you no longer accepting mentors? I'm just wondering why the people who applied to be mentors haven't heard back from you, or been added to the thread. Then again, having tons of people as mentors (most of them completely unqualified) would be a little silly.
09/22/2014 11:28 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
I am still accepting, it's just a longer process than it looks and I've been a little busy, I have a free spot coming up soon and a day off so I should catch back up by then
09/23/2014 5:58 pm
Skullduggerycain
Ah! That makes sense then. I was just wondering, because there were a lot of people who applied on the thread, and I just never saw a response from you. I thought I must've been missing something. Thanks for clearing it up.
09/19/2014 3:46 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
sounds fancy

the users abuse the blog section and fill it up with things like "why doesnt my server work" or "im gonna build this" and has a description of something in the way of

im gonna build a castle diamond fav and sub if you think i should
\luiga;lhg;oayhi;oh;OHGPIOASHGFGAPOHdontmindthisjustfillingupspacejgjhjghjh;lalalailikecakexDbetyoudotoolz\gglkjtherewegoihaveenoughcharactersnow

i mean its easy to police the blogs section dont get me wrong but it just the same thing over and over again, sometimes even by the same person who posts things like "just got back from my ban from my last blog i posted" and you're like cmon man!

so sure if the website can work together to clean up the blogs section that would be great

once that has be sorted we should turn our eye to the skins section and mebbe the project section could do with a nudge aswell

but if you are in need of someone i can rise to the call even though im not a very good teacher im sure expertise can be found in everyone, its always good to be part of something that can help change how things are run
09/19/2014 9:52 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
Chat moderator who loves rock, considers the blogging section to be near dead and hates tutorial blogs with a burning passion. Loves puzzles and languages. Also amateur coder in C++.
How many blogs have you written- 8
Most popular blog?-
5 Reasons Why People Leave PMC/Minecraft according to PMC.
What you think is your best blog- The Hunting Party
09/19/2014 6:49 am
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
Hmmmmm. Mentoring, eh?

Short Bio. (For people to read a little about you first)- Howdy there, I'm MGB. I've been on site for about three years now and my true love has always been for the blog section. I'm somewhat well known in the blogging world, and even though I'm no longer blogging, I'd love to help you start!

How many blogs have you written- 20ish

Most popular blog?- Technically, my cake. But that does count, so it's "You Don't Deserve My Diamonds."

What you think is your best blog- Either "You Don't Deserve My Diamonds" or "An Open Letter to Non-Bloggers."
09/19/2014 12:16 am
PukedOutKiwi
I need a mentor, as I'm only level 9, but I am aiming to become something better.
09/19/2014 12:18 am
ImaLittleCreeper
Do you have a specific choice from the list or would you like to be randomly paired?
09/19/2014 9:42 am
PukedOutKiwi
At the moment, I don't really have an idea of who I want to be my mentor, so anyone will do.
09/19/2014 3:25 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
You've been randomly paired with ETminecraft. If you like his blogs and think it's the right choice, shoot him a PM. Or ET you can PM Kiwi if you see it first. Good luck and hope it works out!
09/19/2014 12:09 am
ImaLittleCreeper
Sorry for the long wait, everything should be back up to speed now!
SkullduggerycainOkay, I really want to join. I'd love to become a mentor as well, and so uh, here's my bio.

Short Bio- Hey there, I'm Skullduggerycain. I'm only 11 years old, but I have large aspirations on the site. I've been blogging here for nearly three whole years, and I've met some wonderful people along the way. It saddens me to see the declining quality of the blog section, and I really want to help out.
How many blogs have you written- I have written 30 blogs.
Most popular blog?- My most popular blog is "Being a staff member - It's not all fun and games." http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/bei ... and-games/
What you think is your best blog-I personally think my best blog is either the aforementioned blog, or "Be Nice to the noobs." http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/be- ... the-noobs/

Thanks for applying! You've been accepted (once again sorry for the long wait). I'll ad your name to the list shortly.
mike3779Wow this is a really good idea so im going to try and be a mentor as blogs are my favorite part of the website. Im lvl 19 so i hope thats close enough to 20 as i only need 47 exp to be lvl 20

Short Bio. (For people to read a little about you first)- Hi im Mike3779 and i'm a Blogger/Ranter, Skinner, and Builder on PMC. I do Blog Contests on the forums and just have a good time being here

How many blogs have you written- around 13

Most popular blog?- My Call with a Scammer or MOTM
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/my- ... a-scammer/ http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/motm/

What you think is your best blog- Teen Skins
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/teen-skins-2933658/

You've also been accepted, thanks for taking the time to fill out an application!
09/17/2014 6:12 pm
Skullduggerycain
Posting to keep thread alive
09/03/2014 9:03 pm
Level 33 : Artisan uwu
Ashfur4ever
ImaLittleCreeper
Ashfur4everSo, I was wondering recently, are there any mentors here who do stories? I do not believe I could be a mentor for that yet, however I would love to have help. I didn't see anyone like that and even if that means I'm unique, I still want help xD

**EDIT** I still need le help! Thanks for anyone who sees this >.>

Thanks,
~~Ash~~

WTFshadyCan someone mentor me? I wanna start a blogging "career" but I need someone to guide me.

Anyone willing can mentor Ash and WTFShady PM them if you're interested. If no one PM's you for a while I'd be happy to help you out, just PM me

Thanks a ton, i'll be waiting.
08/31/2014 4:15 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Can someone mentor me? I wanna start a blogging "career" but I need someone to guide me.
08/13/2014 8:29 pm
Ashfur4ever
So, I was wondering recently, are there any mentors here who do stories? I do not believe I could be a mentor for that yet, however I would love to have help. I didn't see anyone like that and even if that means I'm unique, I still want help xD

**EDIT** I still need le help! Thanks for anyone who sees this >.>

Thanks,
~~Ash~~
09/01/2014 10:35 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
WTFshadyCan someone mentor me? I wanna start a blogging "career" but I need someone to guide me.

Anyone willing can mentor Ash and WTFShady PM them if you're interested. If no one PM's you for a while I'd be happy to help you out, just PM me
08/07/2014 3:46 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
KansasCityGirl
Wait! Creeper I didn't know you made that banner! Lol i've seen it everywhere
08/05/2014 10:51 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Pokemon
EnchantedM
Wow this is a really good idea so im going to try and be a mentor as blogs are my favorite part of the website. Im lvl 19 so i hope thats close enough to 20 as i only need 47 exp to be lvl 20

Short Bio. (For people to read a little about you first)- Hi im Mike3779 and i'm a Blogger/Ranter, Skinner, and Builder on PMC. I do Blog Contests on the forums and just have a good time being here

How many blogs have you written- around 13

Most popular blog?- My Call with a Scammer or MOTM
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/my- ... a-scammer/ http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/motm/

What you think is your best blog- Teen Skins
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/teen-skins-2933658/
07/30/2014 9:02 pm
Skullduggerycain
Okay, I really want to join. I'd love to become a mentor as well, and so uh, here's my bio.

Short Bio- Hey there, I'm Skullduggerycain. I'm only 11 years old, but I have large aspirations on the site. I've been blogging here for nearly three whole years, and I've met some wonderful people along the way. It saddens me to see the declining quality of the blog section, and I really want to help out.
How many blogs have you written- I have written 30 blogs.
Most popular blog?- My most popular blog is "Being a staff member - It's not all fun and games." http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/bei ... and-games/
What you think is your best blog-I personally think my best blog is either the aforementioned blog, or "Be Nice to the noobs." http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/be- ... the-noobs/
07/29/2014 1:49 pm
Ashfur4ever
I'm sorry about that ^

Also my ability to PM has decided to go 'Poof!' so I'm sorry I didn't reply, ETminecraft.
07/28/2014 8:01 pm
Ashfur4ever
Hello! I'm an apprentice, and I would love if any mentors would deside to help me!
^-^ Feel free to check out my blogs also I do realize that my rant sucks, so disregard that one please >.<

I was wondering, too, if you can report a blog that broke the rule, 'user disrespect' Pm me if you want to know more about that.

Thanks!
07/28/2014 7:58 pm
Ashfur4ever
I'm an apprentice, and I would love help! if any mentors would like to check out my blogs and see what I did wrong, feel free. Thanks a ton!

Also, I was also wondering if you can report a post for player disrespect.
07/28/2014 7:44 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
foeLe
ImaLittleCreeperThanks to you also for applying, you've been added to the mentor list as well.

Thank you. Looking forward to helping new bloggers improve.
07/28/2014 5:17 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
I could probably write some. I don't really have many topics but I've been told I'm pretty good at writing

When I don't have writer's block which is ALL THE FRICKIN TIME
07/28/2014 5:06 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Dragonborn
tinfoilboy
The blog page could use a redesign in my opinion, give more attention to the blog itself other than stuff around it.
07/28/2014 5:05 pm
foeLe
Mentor Application

Short Bio: I'm a somewhat new (3 months) blogger here, and I am also somewhat well-known in the Blogging section. I've been on the site for nearly 3 years, though I never really uploaded anything or touched the forums. My blogging format usually remains the same through each, and I blog on various topics. Sometimes I do rants, sometimes I do articles, and sometimes I do tutorials. While I'm not some ultra-famous scribe lord, I personally believe I have quite the knack for writing.

How many blogs have you written?: 12, working on two more at the moment.

Most popular blog?: Staff Positions -- Are they really what they're treated as? (A blog on misconceptions regarding staff ranks.)

What do you think is your best blog?: Don't be a low quality blogger! (A blog about improving low quality blogs.)
07/28/2014 4:46 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Mentor Application:

Short Bio. (For people to read a little about you first)- Hey everyone! Chron here! I'm a semi-retired blogger/server owner/forum member who would love to assist the next generation in the ways of blogging! My style of blogging tends to be very logic-based, using experience and facts to prove my point. Admittedly, though, some of my blogs have grammatical errors and formatting errors, but, hey, nobody's perfect. Hopefully this program will allow me to jump back into the industry, and this old dog might learn some new tricks from those I assist.

How many blogs have you written- 16

Most popular blog?- 10 Things You Shouldn't Do If You Want To Be Successful In Minecraft

What you think is your best blog- Put Down The Pen, Pick Up The Flag! (A Response To The Bloggers)

- Chron
07/27/2014 1:30 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Mage
MissMinecraftGirl
Short bio:
So I started PMC a couple months ago. I met some amazing people who helped me. My experience has been great so far. I started skinning and such. I wasn't that popular and after a month or so I began to lose interest. So I quit. Gave up. About a week ago I started blogging (LOL). I love blogging and I would love to help other bloggers.
(Sorry if it's way too long)
How many blogs have you written:
2 and a half. I am currently writing a new blog. I won't reveal what it's about though.
Most popular blog:
Link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/-sm ... st-night-/
What do you think is your best blog:
Link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/-sm ... st-night-/
Thanks I guess <3

<3,
MissMinecraftGirl
P.S. If you have any other questions, PM me.
07/28/2014 5:36 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
Hello Miss Minecraft girl, thank you for applying! However, we'd like to see you delve more into blogging before becoming a mentor. Once you're a bit more established and comfortable, I'm sure you'll be accepted!
ChronalgaMentor Application:

Short Bio. (For people to read a little about you first)- Hey everyone! Chron here! I'm a semi-retired blogger/server owner/forum member who would love to assist the next generation in the ways of blogging! My style of blogging tends to be very logic-based, using experience and facts to prove my point. Admittedly, though, some of my blogs have grammatical errors and formatting errors, but, hey, nobody's perfect. Hopefully this program will allow me to jump back into the industry, and this old dog might learn some new tricks from those I assist.

How many blogs have you written- 16

Most popular blog?- 10 Things You Shouldn't Do If You Want To Be Successful In Minecraft

What you think is your best blog- Put Down The Pen, Pick Up The Flag! (A Response To The Bloggers)

- Chron

Thank you for taking the time to apply to be a mentor, you've been added to the list.
ETminecraftMentor Application

Short Bio: I'm a somewhat new (3 months) blogger here, and I am also somewhat well-known in the Blogging section. I've been on the site for nearly 3 years, though I never really uploaded anything or touched the forums. My blogging format usually remains the same through each, and I blog on various topics. Sometimes I do rants, sometimes I do articles, and sometimes I do tutorials. While I'm not some ultra-famous scribe lord, I personally believe I have quite the knack for writing.

How many blogs have you written?: 12, working on two more at the moment.

Most popular blog?: Staff Positions -- Are they really what they're treated as? (A blog on misconceptions regarding staff ranks.)

What do you think is your best blog?: Don't be a low quality blogger! (A blog about improving low quality blogs.)

Thanks to you also for applying, you've been added to the mentor list as well.
07/25/2014 9:41 pm
Chron
Once I regain the ability to use a PC (Sunday), I'll fill out an app, and maybe even write a blog.
07/25/2014 9:14 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
Bump!
07/21/2014 1:27 am
ImaLittleCreeper
Good idea guys, here's an application and an idea of what it will look like
Mentor Application:
How many blogs have you written-
Most popular blog?-
What you think is your best blog-

And here's how it shows up in the first page:
Mentors

ImaLittleCreeper
I love blogging, and it's really the only thing I post on PMC. I'm really open to help with spelling, grammar, thumbnails, blog ideas, and ways to beautify your blogs! Happy posting!
07/14/2014 5:06 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
You should probably make a list of "Mentors" who people can PM about blogging stuff as well as a spoiler for ideas that people come up with. Here are a few of my own, not necessarily in any order

1. Playing with Mods in Survival or creative (has been done, but not as much as one would think)
2. How video games have evolved over the years
3. Casual vs. Hardcore gaming, where to draw the line?

Be interesting see what comes out of these.
07/14/2014 5:16 pm
Chron
That's a good idea... Maybe an application system for both Mentors and Apprentices? And I've got a couple ideas to throw into the mix:

1. Are hardcore Minecrafters killing Minecraft?
2. Respect: How much is too much?
3. What is Steve capable of? A mathematical analysis
07/14/2014 5:05 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
Awesome idea!! I got a blog deleted once and I vowed never again to write a crappy blog. I shall assist thou in thy quest to purify the blogging section

although frankly my thumbnails need to... er... I need help on that
07/06/2014 9:02 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Slimecraft101
I'll try a blog or 2 once I get an idea!
07/06/2014 8:53 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
I support this. I need to make another blog though. A guide to the forums then?
07/06/2014 6:37 pm
foeLe
I'm willing to help.
(Darnnotlevel20)
07/06/2014 6:32 pm
Level 25 : Expert Scribe
mop8899
Looks nice! Nice to see people wanting to make a change for the better.
07/06/2014 6:25 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
Also, I would love to help share what I know. I have a system for writing, and I would enjoy getting the chance for it to help others.
07/06/2014 6:23 pm
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
I'd love to help
07/06/2014 6:19 pm
Level 47 : Master Artist
Folicorow
I'm on board, let's do it.
07/06/2014 6:12 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
Hi ImaLittleCreeper! I have been blogging for about a month now, and people seem to be enjoying what I make. I would love some advice on blogging, as I enjoy it and I hope others will enjoy my work. I would really appreciate it if someone could teach me how to make good thumbnails, because the ones I am using right now are made with NovaSkin, TextCraft, and Pixlr photo editor. Thanks!
07/14/2014 4:49 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
If you PM me a thumbnail idea, I'll make a custom step by step tutorial for you
Also bump!
07/04/2014 11:57 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
Bump! We are now accepting unique idea lists!
07/05/2014 12:09 am
Chron
Unique idea lists, as in, like, lists of unique blog ideas? Hm... I'll work on that. However, I have another idea to propose. I think it might not be a bad idea to use an application system for both Mentor and Apprentice bloggers, to help formalize and keep things clean.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome