[Stale]

Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter4/28/16 3:26 am history
1 emeralds 3.9k 105
4/11/2017 12:48 am
likn's Avatar likn
Server Closed

In this post, I will be talking about a server.
I made this server to help people, so I thought this would be the right place to post it.
Of course, for the mods here: feel free to just move it to the servers section

So what is this server about?
A couple days or weeks ago I saw someone asking for a server for all the players with depression/anxiety. And I couldn't deny that I see lots of players with that online, so I made a server for those players!

It is basically just a vanilla survival world, but using command blocks, it includes the following:
- Minecraft 1.9.x (Always the latest)
- 24/7
- Keep inventory is on
- Free books
- Free leads
- You can set spawn whenever you want
- No attack cooldown
- There are free books for you to write things out, there is also a fireplace if you would like to burn those bad thoughts.
- It's still quite new, so feel free to suggest your own things!

If you want to join this server, you need to either post or pm me the following:
- Your in-game name
- Mental disorders (yeahhhh sorry to put it like that, but you get what I mean)

If you are whitelisted, I will pm you the ip, no matter what you used to contact me in the first place.

This is a social experiment, I don't know if this will help or just make things worse if multiple depressed people gather together. Everyone with depression or anxiety is free to ask for whitelist, but I would only recommend joining if you think you are mentally strong enough (Because I don't know yet how things are going to work out).

I will remove this message once I am convinced it will help for most people

EDIT: The first two or three pages turn out to have some comments that are quite stereotyping or make the people with depression / anxiety look like broken objects (which require "fixing") or patients. I think nobody here had the intention to sound like that, but it's just a warning in case you would be offended by them.
Bertiecrafter
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/10/2017 11:36 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
soficool411
Name: Sofi
In Game Name: Sofi_Reb3l411
"Disorder": Bad Depression and OCD. IM ALSO SCARED OF LIKE, EVERYTHING.
05/07/2016 2:45 am
Bertiecrafter
MetaphoricallyI never said they were attention seekers or pathetic.

I'm saying that a lot of the people commenting here are PROBABLY attention seekers who don't have depression.

And are you aware of what autism is? (Speaking to the one who said autistic people werent meant to survive.)

Tim Burton is autistic.

Vladamere Puton is autistic. (Can't spell his name)

Mozart was autistic.

Doesn't mean they weren't "meant to survive."??

And as autism is in fact permanent, wouldn't you argue that in a lot of cases so is depression? Let's not get into that, though. Too much time.

Anyway, not all autistic people cannot control their autism completely with drugs (?as far as I know. I'm no expert.) And depressed people, for the most part, can.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant

*coughs*

Might I also add that this so beloved topic is not only present but actually more common in autistic peoples.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2013/05/13/whats-connection-between-autism-and-depression

Even Albert Einstein was autistic. You think he wasn't "mean to survive?"

Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton may have suffered from a type of autism, according to experts. Researchers at Cambridge and Oxford universities believe both scientists displayed signs of Asperger's Syndrome. Many people with Asperger's are often regarded as being eccentric

Anyway, I'll go ahead and conclude that this whole mess is just a matter of opinion. However it is a fact you are going to encounter attention seekers whether you like it or not. I could fill out one of these forms just as easily as anyone else and even get myself whitelisted if I wanted. (Not using this particular account, probably, but my point remains.)

Great idea. Improbable to be successfully carried out. Goodluck, though.

I still question some things you say, but let's stop the discussion here....
You corrected most of your (probably rushed?) opinions of the past and they are understandable and decent now. Anyways, whitelist applications are still wanted
05/06/2016 4:56 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Metaphorically
I never said they were attention seekers or pathetic.

I'm saying that a lot of the people commenting here are PROBABLY attention seekers who don't have depression.

And are you aware of what autism is? (Speaking to the one who said autistic people werent meant to survive.)

Tim Burton is autistic.

Vladamere Puton is autistic. (Can't spell his name)

Mozart was autistic.

Doesn't mean they weren't "meant to survive."??

And as autism is in fact permanent, wouldn't you argue that in a lot of cases so is depression? Let's not get into that, though. Too much time.

Anyway, not all autistic people cannot control their autism completely with drugs (?as far as I know. I'm no expert.) And depressed people, for the most part, can.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant

*coughs*

Might I also add that this so beloved topic is not only present but actually more common in autistic peoples.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2013/05/13/whats-connection-between-autism-and-depression

Even Albert Einstein was autistic. You think he wasn't "mean to survive?"

Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton may have suffered from a type of autism, according to experts. Researchers at Cambridge and Oxford universities believe both scientists displayed signs of Asperger's Syndrome. Many people with Asperger's are often regarded as being eccentric

Anyway, I'll go ahead and conclude that this whole mess is just a matter of opinion. However it is a fact you are going to encounter attention seekers whether you like it or not. I could fill out one of these forms just as easily as anyone else and even get myself whitelisted if I wanted. (Not using this particular account, probably, but my point remains.)

Great idea. Improbable to be successfully carried out. Goodluck, though.
05/04/2016 3:02 pm
Metaphorically
Let me just sum everything I've been thinking and saying up into one or two sentences.

I think this wouldn't be a bad idea if it was even remotely probable that you could carry this idea out successfully. I think your intentions are good, but I don't think this is the best way to carry out those intentions. Below is a link to a website that has pretty much the exact same idea as you, except (how do I put this without offending people...) this server helps something more important than preteens that may or may not be telling the truth about having depression.

http://www.autcraft.com/

And lastly I'd also like to add that surrounding a bunch of "depressed" ("" because you're 100% likely to come across more posers than not) people will most likely only make the problem worse.

A negative plus a negative never equals a positive, if you can understand what I'm getting at.

I still stand by most of my points, but I can see how some of them are just a matter of opinion.
05/05/2016 8:16 pm
TagsFanEver
Depression can ruin someone completely sane, and rot their "inside" so badly they might never recover. Autism isn't created by people or bad environments, it's created by nature, it's permanent, and the harsh truth is that autistic people weren't "meant" to survive. (Doesn't mean that we should let autistic people die or stay unhelped, just saying that it in no way is a greater case than depression.) That's how nature works. Now let's stop trying to helping the incurable and instead help those who suffer from depression or anxiety, because at least there's light for them.
05/06/2016 8:08 am
Bertiecrafter
I feel like autism is less important than depression as well. Depression can be life threatening (indirectly) and you can cure those people with it, or at least help them handle it. (I didn't say a server can cure them, before I get tons of criticism bombed at me)

This is just an opinion though, but nobody should say that people with autism aren't supposed to survive or that people with depression are pathetic or attention seekers.
(Most people with depression or anxiety, feel bad for sounding that way and hide it because of that, so it doesn't really help calling people that.)
05/04/2016 6:58 am
Bertiecrafter
BUMP!
05/03/2016 8:08 am
TagsFanEver
If you want, I would love to help and manage the server. I have a decent understanding of psychology and already have helped, and are trying to help a lot of teenagers my age, which I will not go in detail with, considering that it's confident information, even though it's not professional.

IGN: Blees
Diseases: I got a cold a few days ago
Disorders (Or as I like to call it; Under construction): Overthinking and laziness.

Looking forward to hearing from you
-Blees
05/03/2016 8:43 am
Bertiecrafter
I understand that it's confident, but you aren't giving me enough reasons to whitelist you. Everyone could say that they are helping a lot and want to join. You can pm me if you have more reasons or more explanation for me whitelisting you
Sorry if I am too protective.
05/03/2016 6:30 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
AshesBurnt
this server sounds like a cool idea! minecraft doesn't particularly have a good reputation with being a """"safe space"""
IGN: mort3030
Disorders:
(severe) generalised anxiety disorder, ocd, borderline personality disorder
05/03/2016 7:30 am
Bertiecrafter
Whitelisted, ip will follow
05/03/2016 5:52 am
Bertiecrafter
BUMP
05/02/2016 3:50 pm
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
prototype464
- prototype464
- ADHD, Asperger's, OCD, ODD, Tourette's, Mathematical Disorder, and a Reading Disorder that is not Dyslexia.
(I listed literally everything I have. That is no joke.)
05/02/2016 4:00 pm
Bertiecrafter
Whitelisted, IP will follow
05/02/2016 6:30 am
Bertiecrafter
So now that’s out of the way, I really want to stop the discussing, but I feel like I have the right to reply to Metaphorically’s criticism.

I agree that people should stop giving people diagnoses. Those “tags” as I like to call them, don’t help them. And all the players who have been online and had fun together, are certainly not attention seekers. Seeing all your comments, I guess you are the attention seeker here. I never said that depression is cute, but it is reality and if anything helps, I would like to help. And I didn’t say that it would cure it either, but I just wanted to offer players with mental disorders a fun and relaxing place to free their mind. I also think players should talk to friends, family, a therapist or a doctor and I don’t want to use the players as a trophy. It’s all just to help the people a little bit and it’s by no means offensive and gross.

I have school and almost no money, I am still quite young. CaptainMurica is the owner of a big server machine for his own server, but it isn’t using its full resources because it’s still very small, so I could use those unused resources for the server, without any of us paying extra for something that was already there. I am very thankful for his support and no, I am not abusing him, because there are ads for his server every time someone joins (Just in case you wanted to tell me that). So making a minecraft server is for me one of the only ways to help (and yes, it helps, many people told me). The players that joined so far are just having fun and feeling comfortable with other people that can understand around them.

I totally agree with Agentgaming999 on this, for some people it might help, for some people it won’t. But nobody is forced to stay. And I can’t give an opinion if depressed people should avoid others, but I think it would be harsh to say that nobody should be around the people with mental disorders.

The minecraft server is not an extension on the line of helping services. And it was really stupid of you to say that “if you go to lengths as pathetic as a minecraft server for help, then you should see a doctor.” He didn’t say this server is his last option, but it’s just a thing that goes parallel to all other helping things. You shouldn’t make people feel bad for thinking that a minecraft server helps. Most people just join because they are convinced that it will be at least interesting or it will help them. I don’t think any player joined because they were looking for helping options and they were really seeing this as their last hope. And because of that, I don’t think they are pathetic in any way and it’s really harsh of you to tell the readers that they are.

And if anyone knows exactly what the point here is, it’s Chron. It was not about curing, not about looking for attention, not about offering a last resort. I made this server to give those people a little bit of support on their way. That’s all.

I am sorry to burst your bubble, pal.
05/02/2016 5:45 am
Bertiecrafter
The 2 above have been whitelisted, IP will follow shortly
05/01/2016 8:45 pm
RainbowPatch
This seems interesting

IGN: DYLAN1532
Problems: Depression and Social Anxiety
05/01/2016 8:00 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Alright, let's chill with the arguing. Both sides are wrong in their own special ways, but that's neither here nor there.

If you don't intend to apply for the server, as that is the purpose of the thread, then take your posting elsewhere. You're not contributing anything by flaming.

Click to reveal
And if you want my thoughts, I don't think a Minecraft server is going to cure anything, but I also don't think that's its purpose. I see nothing wrong with a server trying to gather together people with similar issues so that maybe they can aid each other in small ways. And sure, so what if there's some attention seekers? They'll probably get weeded out pretty quickly if there's any integrity to this system. I think this is a pretty good idea, honestly. Keep going with it, don't let anyone discourage you.
05/01/2016 7:08 pm
Metaphorically
This is honestly just amusing me now as everything you're saying is just proving my point further.
05/01/2016 7:08 pm
Metaphorically
"with life changes"
I'm sorry but school is not a life change.
Family is not a life change.
You did not say that anyone in your family died and you didn't say you moved.
I'm not a doctor, and clearly you aren't either if you think WebMD is right about everything. (Which apparently you do.)

I'll admit that I worded it wrong. Let me rephrase.

If your depression is CAUSED by something THAT PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THE WORLD HAS TO GO THROUGH AS WELL, it's not depression. Depression is a chemical imbalance in your head. Sorry to burst your bubble, pal.

If you really think you have depression/anxiety, please contact your doctor. It will help.

And let me emphasize the last part.

IF
YOU
REALLY
THINK
YOU
HAVE
DEPRESSION
PLEASE
CONTACT
YOUR
DOCTOR.

You're just proving my point.

"Honestly we shouldn't even be having is arguement. I know what depression feels like first hand and only I can pinpoint what might help ME."

Really? You think so? I think that people who study the human body on a daily basis (Doctors) would know a little bit more. You should really talk to one.

I'm dead serious. If your depression is THAT BAD that you need to be going to lengths as pathetic as a MINECRAFT SERVER for help, then you should see a doctor.
05/01/2016 6:52 pm
Metaphorically
If your depression is CAUSED by something, it's not depression. Depression is a chemical imbalance in your head. Sorry to burst your bubble, pal.

If you really think you have depression/anxiety, please contact your doctor. It will help.

You're just proving my point.
05/01/2016 7:00 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Agentgaming999
Yes, Depression is a chemical imbalance in my head, but that can be caused by things, this is a direct quote from WebMD about the causes of depression:

"Some people experience depression during a serious medical illness. Others may have depression with life changes such as a move or the death of a loved one. Still others have a family history of depression."

see what i underlined? that proves my point.

Honestly we shouldn't even be having is arguement. I know what depression feels like first hand and only I can pinpoint what might help ME. You shouldn't be accusing something of not helping when you don't even know what it feels like to have the problem.

Finally, You are not a doctor (As far as I know). Unless you have sources (which I don't see) that say that depression is not caused by something (which is highly illogical) then you can't prove anything.
05/01/2016 6:39 pm
Metaphorically
I hate to pull the "starving children in africa" card, but seriously.

Put down your computer and realize there's actually people out there suffering. If you really wanna make a difference, donate clothes, donate to a charity, help out in a soup kitchen. I don't care. This is just going to fuel the problem, not fix anything.
05/01/2016 6:48 pm
Agentgaming999
I disagree with literally almost everything you have said the past few minutes

you're right that depression and anxiety is not a joke, but you're wrong about everything else. i personally suffer from both of those things i listed, and i know 1 thing, it's that no one that has real depression has the motivation to go parading around acting like it's a trophy, anyone that does that doesn't really have depression. I usually hide the fact i have these things, since I don't like to remind myself about it. What depression is like is a weight that is always holding you down, trying to crush you down to the ground so there's nothing left of you And even though this server may not cure us of depression, sometimes nothing will, it can help. I know that i can help me, because most of my anxiety/depression is cause by problem like school, family, etc. And a minecraft server, just to play on, really helps by keeping my mind off those problems and letting me be anxiety - free for at least a small amount of time. So sign me up:

IGN: Agentgaming999
Problems: Anxiety, Depression.
05/01/2016 6:36 pm
Metaphorically
There's like 7 pages of comments here so I'm sure what I'm about to say has already been said, but this is stupid. This whole idea is just dumb. We have to stop diagnosing people with "depression" and "anxiety" and realize that life is just hard and we need to get past it like everyone else and stop looking for excuses to get peoples attention.

That's honestly what this is and what this will attract - attention seekers.

I'm not saying that depression/anxiety doesn't exist. I'm just saying that most of the teenagers today are so incredibly obsessed with attention that most of the people today who claim to suffer these problems are full of it.

Especially with the rise of the emo trend - which, as far as I can tell, is thankfully coming to an end.

Depression/anxiety is not cute. It's not cool. It's a disgusting thing that you need to get rid of.

A minecraft server will not get rid of it.

If you have these things you need to tell your parents, tell a doctor, get the meds you need, and be on your merry way. Don't parade around these things like some sort of trophy. It's disgusting and cruel.

Frankly making a minecraft server dedicated to people "suffering" these "disorders" is offensive and gross, and I'm sorry you wasted your money pal but I'd shut it down immediately because this is the worst thing I've seen on PMC In a longggg time.
05/01/2016 6:48 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Jennaa01
i was beginning to think this server was a pretty bad idea but wow you've put it straight out there. I agree with everything you said. Now i'm not saying everyone with anxiety/depression is an attention seeker but you're right this is attention seeker central. Like you said a Minecraft server will NOT get rid of mental diseases. Sometimes medicines don't help. Why do these people think that a MINECRAFT server will help? This server is truly offensive.
05/01/2016 4:48 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
CreepySomething
This seems like an interesting idea! I guess I'll join.

-IGN: CreepySomething
-Problems: OCD, Depression, Anxiety.

I have suffered from depression since I was 7 years old, and had anxiety since as long as I can remember, I only recently got diagnosed with OCD. I have been taking medicine for the depression since I was 10 and have since then been struggling with my disorders.
05/01/2016 6:14 pm
Bertiecrafter
You have been whitelisted, ip will follow shortly.
About the medicines, I don't want to generalise everybody here, but I know somebody who enjoyed life more (with all the good and bad) than when the person didn't get numb from the pills. I am not a professional, just a good willing guy, but if you want to try getting rid of medicines, slowly take less of them. It might be scary at first, because you will be able to feel more, but maybe you will be happier in the end.

And I know that there will be people that will say that you shouldn't listen and I don't say I want to force you to do what I say. But from the little experience that I got from one person, I can tell you that getting rid of the pills (slowly, taking baby steps) might help you.
05/01/2016 4:15 pm
Level 20 : Expert Goblin
weesnaw
Ign: Mettaton_Ex
Disorders: Social Anxiety, Depression, Adhd

Quick question, are you mentally ill? Just want to know.
05/01/2016 6:09 pm
Bertiecrafter
You have been whitelisted, ip will follow!
And no, I am not mentally ill, but I would like to do something for the people that have mental disorders...
05/01/2016 12:22 pm
Bertiecrafter
All 3 above have been whitelisted, ip will follow in personal pms
05/01/2016 10:32 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
Koka
Name: kokamo2012
Problems: Social Anxiety Disorder, Depression, and my therapist tried to tell me I had PTSD from my mother but I'm kinda in denial of it.
05/01/2016 10:26 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
FloofyGamingFreak
I'd like to join

ign: Swiftstar
mental disorders: ADHD, OCD, depression
04/10/2017 10:35 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
FloofyGamingFreak
Could I be whitelisted/have the ip again if its still up? My new username is Yandere_Floof
04/11/2017 12:48 am
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
that necropost tho....

check the dates of the last post before you post... this one is almost a year old.
05/01/2016 9:39 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Pony
irido
Hey, I really appreciate that you actually care about the other depressed and maladjusted people on the Minecraft community. I really can't wait to see what will happen out of all this. Anyways, here's my info:

IGN: AshtonDM

Mental Disorders: Mood disorders (pretty common disorders, also called affective disorders, involve persistent feelings of sadness or periods of feeling overly happy, or fluctuations from extreme happiness to extreme sadness. The most common mood disorders are depression, bipolar disorder, and cyclothymic disorder).
05/01/2016 4:03 am
Bertiecrafter
BUMP!
04/30/2016 12:21 pm
Bertiecrafter
All 4 above have been whitelisted, ip will follow in personal pms
04/30/2016 12:18 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
asdfashyjasjjasjaja
If you want to join this server, you need to either post or pm me the following:
- Your in-game name: 1002
- Mental disorders: I don't know yet. I just have really bad anxiety with a few things. I am going to a therapist soon to find out.
04/30/2016 12:11 pm
GreenNebula
- Your in-game name GreenNebula
- Age 14
- Mental disorders severe depression, anxiety, and adhd

I struggle to make freinds
04/30/2016 11:49 am
yunglean2002
I really want to help you guys out, I suffered from depression and anxiety for almost 2 years and I think I have overcomed it 100%. So I want to help giving advice, or just hearing people vent.

- DjFaith547
- Ex-Depression and anxiety.
04/30/2016 11:48 am
AfflictionPvP
- Your in-game name: TooPointOhh
- Mental disorders: dysthymia (chronic depression), anxiety disorder, adhd
04/30/2016 10:44 am
Jack_MC
- Jack_MC
- ASD (Autism), Slight insomnia, Paranoia
I have a hard time making friends, so I spend most of the time on the computer in my free time. I have moderate depression, and not to bring others down, I try to stay as happy and positive, but when I am alone I can't handle it well unless I am in a good mood for any reason. I also have moderate Paranoia. I never wear headphone unless it is really loud in my environment. I think everyone I see walking on the street when I am alone is going to kill me, and I have huge panic attacks if I am home alone. I understand if you decline this because my problems may not be as serious as others, but I think the idea of getting similar people together to help each other is amazing. I wish you luck in the future.
04/30/2016 11:39 am
Bertiecrafter
Whitelisted, also the ip will follow
04/30/2016 10:03 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Unpopular opinion, but people shouldn't be finding a safe place in a minecraft server.
05/01/2016 6:38 pm
Metaphorically
Agreed.
04/30/2016 8:25 am
Level 1 : New Network
Scars
I don't know if there's still place for me, but i'll try anyway.

IGN : Naheel
Mental disorders : Borderline personality disorder (BPD), Depression, Insomnia, General anxiety, Maladaptive daydreaming and a little paranoia.
04/30/2016 11:36 am
Bertiecrafter
Whitelisted, ip will follow
04/30/2016 7:30 am
Bertiecrafter
23 whitelisted players so far!
04/29/2016 10:24 am
laidellent
So I recently got diagnosed and I can't really talk to anyone else about what I have, so I wanna give this a shot and see how it turns out (^: This is a good idea, you're a nice person for wanting to help people, considering how that's a bit rare (sadly.)

IGN: laidellent
Mental Disorders: Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome