Gaming Community Website - STAFF NEEDED - Solar Gaming

SBSolar's Avatar SBSolar4/19/14 9:07 am
1 emeralds 3.3k 51
5/29/2014 4:27 am
SkyCity's Avatar SkyCity
Hello, I am SBSolar, and I am in the process of making a gaming community website. We need some help with all sorts of things with this website, so if you want to help, please reply with the application of the position of your choice.
We are looking for people who can be dedicated to the site and the network we are making for months if possible, and will help the site in any ways possible. If you do not want to give that amount of commitment, please do not apply.

Gaming News Writer (Writes news daily, or frequently)
Name:
Experience:
Why you want this position:
NOTE: You may be asked for previous works of yours via Skype.

Forum Moderator
Name:
Experience:

Community Moderator (moderates people's users, comments, etc.)
Name:
Experience (if necessary):

Community Manager (helps keep an active and involved community)
Name:
Experience (if necessary):

Developers (MUST HAVE WORDPRESS EXPERIENCE)
Name:
Experience:
NOTE: You will be asked to show previous work.

Gaming/Product Reviewer
Name:
Experience:

GRAPHIC DESIGN POSITIONS AVAILABLE- http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/graphic-artists-needed-solar-gaming-t389941.html
SBSolar
Level 13 : Journeyman Farmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/29/2014 4:27 am
Level 1 : New Miner
SkyCity
Forum Moderator
Name: Aksel Telle
Experience: I have been running multiple websites before with forums, and i know how it works.
Why you want this position: I am a fair person with alot of experience and i think i would be a good moderator. I know how to solve problems in a easy way, and keep the forums clean
05/27/2014 9:31 pm
SBSolar
Once again, all have been contacted.

Please keep in mind, you may still apply, but if you do, we except an extremely large amount of cooperation and determination, as the site is launching very soon.
05/26/2014 1:03 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Modder
GamerBah
Forum Moderator
Name:
Brett
Experience:
I have a ton of experience with moderating a Minecraft server, as I own one and have been Staff many a time on one. I know that you are thinking, "This isn't a server application, don't talk about your server experiences," but with the experience moderating the server comes experience with moderating the site as well. Because the forums are a crucial part to servers in general, I have spent my time learning the best ways to deal with any situation. Forums deserve to be kept clean, and need to be moderated in order to do so.
I want this position because I don't want to see another forum be poorly kept up with people fighting left and right, threads in the wrong section, and posts which are against the rules seen everywhere. A forum has rules for a reason, and I am there to make sure that those rules are followed.
05/26/2014 12:44 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Taped Up Panda
Gaming/Product Reviewer
Name: AJ
Experience: Whenever one of my friends is looking for a new game/console I'll give them a descriptive review and they always thank me for the outcome so i'm my schools video game reviewer basically.
Why you want this position: I usually just review for friends but imagine all the people who view the website! WOWZAA! And if accepted can't wait to give reviews on games and consoles!

Thanks for youe time!
05/26/2014 12:39 pm
Level 1 : New Network
BAREIC0N
Name: Sam
Experience: Just fictional writing, nothing too professional.
Why you want this position: I want this position because I genuinely enjoy writing and would love to share it with a community.
05/13/2014 7:27 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Xengon
Forum Moderator/Developer
Name: Brandon Bergman
Experience: I have worked with phpbb, mybb, xenforo, ipb, vbulletin, and many other forum softwares. I have been a forum developer for over 2 years now.
Why you want this position: I like joining communities and meeting new people along the way. I also like improving forums to make them more user-friendly, unique, and fun.

You may ask me questions on skype if you have any
05/09/2014 10:11 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
CrazyHecticLife
Gaming/Product Reviewer
Name: CrazyHecticLife
Skype: crazyhecticlife (Although my headset does not work.)
Experience: I play lots of games and own lots of systems. Also, I've done some reviews on Vizzed.
Why you want this position: I always wanted to be someone like PBG or AVGN but I'm not a good speaker. However, I'm a good writer.
05/04/2014 5:54 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Modder
ClarityUnleashed
First off, I would like to apply for either one. Only accept one of these, if not none. I would like both, accept or deny me for the one you think I am the most suitable for.

Name: Krystal Evergreen
Skype: live:krystalevergreen (I have no mic, Sorry, although is it really needed for being a Writer of News?)
Experience: I have no experience at all, well I do have some, and that would be with WordPress, if you use it. I have tried, and I have close to good grammar. I love writing and am currently writing my own Novel, and it's coming together nicely. It's 326 pages right now. But, I do have a lot of experience with Gaming and other things alike. I have also been staff on many servers dealing with things and being on the server forums.
Why you want this position: I think having a website to write daily news on would be... Amazing! It would be a good learning curve for me. How many others can say they write daily articles for a gaming website? Not many I suspect. Also, I think I could make a good impact on the community. We're all learning, and we will never stop!

Forum Moderator
Name: Krystal Evergreen
Experience: As I said, I do not have much experience, although I do know when enough is enough and that some post's just have to be locked. Also, I LOVE GAMING.
Why you want this position: I think it'd be another nice learning curve, I have always wanted to be apart of a community. I think it'd be nice for us both.
05/09/2014 9:51 pm
SBSolar
Good application but I cannot seem to find your Skype... are you sure that you listed your correct Skype?
05/04/2014 5:36 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
craigbalmer
I now have Skype "Live: Craigbalmer"
05/01/2014 6:59 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
Captaindogfish
DrMineCraft4Reel
Click to reveal

Forum Moderator
Name:C
Experience:None
Why you want this position: I would like to be a moderator for the experience for other opportunity's in life.

Experience (if necessary):None
Why you want this position: I would like to be a moderator for the experience for other opportunity's in life.

Denied unless stated otherwise by Founder

Midnight
SG Admin
04/26/2014 10:14 pm
DrMineCraft4Reel

Forum Moderator
Experience:None

Experience (if necessary):None
04/22/2014 5:45 pm
Captaindogfish
Anyone else want to apply?

~Midnight
04/24/2014 6:57 am
Captaindogfish
04/21/2014 5:57 pm
Captaindogfish
Thanks to all that applied!

Cheers,
Midnight
04/21/2014 5:15 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
macodys
Forum Moderator
Name: Michael Odysseos
Experience: I've been moderator to a website before. (now its closed because of the money) I've been also moderator to minecraft servers.
Why you want this position: Many time in pmc i see threads that are against the rules and i report them quickly. I like following the rules and helping people out on anything.
04/21/2014 5:05 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Pixel Puncher
SkyBox_Network
Name Landon
Age 11 (I'm not old, but I'm mature)
Skype ltcr_the_beast
Experience (if necessary) Hmmm.. I was a site moderator on GameReviews made by my friend.
Why you want this position I want this position, because I think this site will grow large, and I want to make sure it stays safe, keeps active, and is age appropriate.
04/21/2014 4:58 pm
SBSolar
If you are interested in a graphic design position, please check out the graphic design position application thread --> http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/graphic-artists-needed-solar-gaming-t389941.html
04/21/2014 4:56 pm
Captaindogfish
Friendly reminder to all applicants that you will be contacted on Skype! So keep checking.
Cheers,
Midnight (Solar Gaming Administrator)
04/21/2014 4:52 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
SlowMelonz
Name:Zak!
Experience (if necessary):I helped on a website pretty much the same thing before! It was great, then the owner decided to quit while he was ahead
Because i LOVE talking to new people! Getting to find out what people are into, being able to help them out and i come up with ALOT of great conversation starters! OH! And when it comes to talking it never gets awkward!
04/21/2014 3:44 pm
Shadow_Rider_21
what positions are left?
04/21/2014 4:45 pm
SBSolar
You can apply for any of the positions listed, as we have filled some spots, but not all.
04/21/2014 3:37 pm
SBSolar
I do ask that everyone that has applied, please check your Skype.
Positions are still available.
04/20/2014 10:29 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
Ah, what the hell eh?

Name: J. Doe
Skype: Should be in my profile, but if not: professor_a._dumbledore
Experience: Been doing this for awhile, I even know how to form a complete sentence.
Why you want this position: Enjoy writing, and the possibility of me being a smart ass in my writing.
NOTE: You may be asked for previous works of yours via Skype. Mmmk
04/20/2014 10:22 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Ranger
gabe13
Community Manager
================
Name: - Gabe
Experience : - I am admin on JericcoLK's private server.(not sure if that counts and I am sorry if it does not)
Why you want this position: - I would love to help any community with events,advertising etc. I think that this gaming website could take off and if I can help it take off with a bang! then I will try.
Additional notes: - This is a first for being part of a community website where I can advertise and try and help bring people to a great website.
Regards Gabe
04/20/2014 10:13 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
Developers (MUST HAVE WORDPRESS EXPERIENCE)

Name:

I will tell you via skype, dont want the whole world knowing my name if you know what I mean : P

13 (Dont judge me by my age, I work on my website every day and it is looking pretty good so far.)

My skype is mclock.down

Experience:

I have a lot of experience in WordPress and phpbb. I have created about 5 websites so far with wordpress that are pretty good. I can show you some examples over skype if you'd like, since I can not post links here

I want this position mainly because I love website projects and working on websites. I also like to help people with them

NOTE: You will be asked to show previous work.
04/20/2014 10:05 pm
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
MtnDewey
Name: Jon Dewey
Experience (if necessary): Server staff experience
Why you want this position: It'd be a cool hobby, and I'm a dedicated, hardworking individual, with plenty of homework time to spend online.
04/20/2014 10:02 pm
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
Goku_LSSJ
Dev/mod
Name: Dylan
Experience: website: http://unrestrictedmcforums.com/ its still in development but yeah
Why you want this position:Because I would like more experience in the development world.
I hate typing so please ask me more via skype
04/20/2014 9:57 pm
Rice
There is a plugin that lets you connect phpbb to wordpress, and has user syncing, theme syncing, avatar syncing, etc. If you wanted to do that I could help, will post app later tonight.
04/20/2014 9:31 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Modder
xAstraah
Name: Stephen R.
Experience (if necessary): I've moderated a few websites before but only server forums that were not really active...
Why you want this position: I think it would be a great new experience. I've never done it before and im always up for a challenge

"Failure is a word i simply don't accept". -John Johnson.
04/20/2014 9:28 pm
SBSolar
All people that have applied, have been contacted (or we have attempted to contact them). Positions are still available if anyone is interested.
04/20/2014 1:12 pm
AdamAust
Redacted.
04/20/2014 12:31 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
GenCedric
Forum Moderator
Name: Cedric
Experience: Moderator for Graphic's Network
Why you want this position: I want to help out the team, and help it suceed. I have proven leadership and that can help out the team. I can dedicate much of my time to the website and, i can also make graphic's

-Cedric
04/20/2014 12:23 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
Gaming/Product Reviewer
Name: (I'd prefer to say over Skype or a PM)
Experience: Although it sounds rather pathetic, I do a series of book reviews for my school newspaper, and have done so since I was twelve, and I can convey that skill into game/product reviews. I also play lots of games and buy them almost as soon as they come out.
Why you want this position: Because I'd like to start out in the reviewing community online. I also really like talking about things in detail, if that would be needed.

Thank you for reading!
04/20/2014 12:19 am
Rice
Will the forum be in phpbb? If so ill definately apply for something.
04/20/2014 12:16 pm
SBSolar
We do not plan on the forums being in phpBB, we were planning bbPress because the rest of the site is made via WordPress. If you have any knowledge with that, we would love your help.
04/20/2014 12:15 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
JamesMMC
Gaming/Product Reviewer
Name: James
Experience: I love video games
Why you want this position: I want to help people with choosing the right games to buy.
04/20/2014 12:11 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
JamesMMC
Gaming/Product Reviewer
Name: James
Experience: I play lots of games
Why you want this position: I want to help people not waste money on the horrible games with the good trailers.
04/19/2014 11:57 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
I'm curious, has any ground work been put forth at all? Or did you just start this whole thing today?
04/20/2014 11:57 am
SBSolar
Some of the work has already started, and the group of Solar Gaming has been around for months.
04/19/2014 11:42 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Could you skype me? I'd like to chat/ask a few questions really fast. (codyman1997)
04/19/2014 11:36 pm
McPvPMaster
Gaming/Product Reviewer
Name: Carter
Experience: Play a ton of games!
Why you want this position: So I can review games for people who aren't sure if they want to buy that game!

Experience: I play a ton of games and I have very good grammar!
Why you want this position: So I can help out the community and update them on whats going on!
NOTE: You may be asked for previous works of yours via Skype. Well I don't really have any !

Forum Moderator
Experience: Very mature, And Trustworthy. I don't rage on people. I politely tell people they do something wrong.
Why you want this position: So I can make the forums a happier place!
04/19/2014 11:31 pm
SBSolar
*New position added: Game/product reviewer.
04/19/2014 4:44 pm
SBSolar
I am just going to say that we do not use Skype to do calls most of the time, its mainly used as a place to chat.
Plenty of positions are still available.
04/19/2014 12:41 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
Forum Moderator
Name:Adam
Experience: I've been a forum moderator on one site before.
Unfortunately it shutdown due to lack of donations.
Why you want this position: I want this position, because I want to have another chance to be a forum mod on another site since the other site got shutdown..
I will also make sure people are following the rules or they will get a punishment or warning.
04/19/2014 12:42 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
I don't have skype on this computer atm.
04/19/2014 12:34 pm
SBSolar
Everyone that applied has been contacted. Positions are still available.
04/19/2014 10:21 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
craigbalmer
Captaindogfish
craigbalmer
Click to reveal
Name: Captain
Experience (if necessary): I have ran my own website in the past
Why you want this position: I like talking/meeting new people

Pretty good change of getting the spot! But, not having Skype might be a problem.

Regards,
Captain
Management-Administrator of Solar Gaming

I did have Skype before but I deleted it as it didn`t work on my network
04/19/2014 10:12 am
PcHelp
Name: Jarrod
Experience: none.
Why you want this position: i want to write as i do love writing and i love gaming.
04/19/2014 10:09 am
Captaindogfish
~Message Removed
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome