Gaming computer?

PrincessSteven's Avatar PrincessSteven4/20/14 7:09 pm
4/21/2014 11:26 am
PrincessSteven's Avatar PrincessSteven
What do you think this build would be able to play?

http://prntscr.com/3bwlsu

/Thanks
PrincessSteven
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/21/2014 9:34 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Rast
I wasn't sending the pcparterpicker build for you to get it from those places just suggestion parts but what stores can you get the parts from?
04/21/2014 11:26 am
PrincessSteven
I can get the parts from netonnet, where most parts cost more then on amazon / newegg.
04/20/2014 10:41 pm
PrincessSteven
What do you guys think of this then?

Could I get some benchmarks, maybe...?

http://prntscr.com/3by9al
04/20/2014 10:00 pm
PrincessSteven
Yes, I did... But because it sucked, I raised my budget. But that build he sent me, is still over 400 euro. I AM FROM SWEDEN, SHIPPING COSTS A TON. So don't use pcpartpicker... please. Makes me cry
04/20/2014 10:01 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
Those links I gave you were from netonnet, in your country.
04/20/2014 10:05 pm
PrincessSteven
Yes... and it goes over 400 euro. It costs more on netonnet... That is why it goes over my budget, when using netonnet.
04/20/2014 9:56 pm
PrincessSteven
Already gone over my budget. Any other good CPU, that is a bit, cheaper? :3
04/20/2014 9:52 pm
DrStrad
Actually, his build isn't too bad, and I found all the parts for <4000 Krona http://www.netonnet.se/Item/AddedToCart/200029

Just add the FX 6300, which is a very good processor, and the total will be about 3914.

http://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/kompon ... 0745.7075/
04/20/2014 9:53 pm
PrincessSteven
Uh, what? I don't get what "build" is good?
04/20/2014 9:51 pm
Rast
I was more messing with the way you said it but yeah it will perform better
04/20/2014 9:48 pm
Rast
Anything can "run" it
04/20/2014 9:49 pm
PrincessSteven
If it can run it at low, 30 fps. Then no thanks.
04/20/2014 9:42 pm
Rast
Actually it would
04/20/2014 9:49 pm
PrincessSteven
Well, I'd like someone else to tell me that it would too. But if it does, then great.
04/20/2014 9:31 pm
Rast
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£76.79 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£38.11 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£58.15 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.73 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card (£92.03 @ Ebuyer)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£36.04 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £343.85

I left room for your case and whatever else basically
04/20/2014 9:54 pm
DrStrad
This one, everything's listed on your electronics website.
04/20/2014 9:56 pm
PrincessSteven
That is more then 400 euro..
04/20/2014 9:57 pm
DrStrad
I thought you originally said below 4000 Krona.
04/20/2014 9:41 pm
PrincessSteven
Not really anything better, then what I currently have... Just the CPU is better..
04/20/2014 9:41 pm
PrincessSteven
But this wouldn't run bf4..
04/20/2014 9:07 pm
Rast
What exactly is your budget I am good with lower budget builds I do need your limit though
04/20/2014 9:20 pm
PrincessSteven
Before it was 330 euro, now I made it to 400 euros.
04/20/2014 9:06 pm
Rast
Or use the cpu i suggested earlier
04/20/2014 9:04 pm
Rast
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-ad679kwohlbox
using amds intergrated graphics + 8gbs of ram to cover for using the integrated graphics
04/20/2014 8:57 pm
PrincessSteven
So, anyone knows a cheap CPU & GPU, that would be able to handle bf4?
04/20/2014 8:59 pm
DrStrad
To be honest, if you wanted to have a more enjoyable experience you should save more money for a better CPU than the price ranges we have right now.
04/20/2014 9:00 pm
PrincessSteven
Well, let's say a 50-60 euro CPU? Or the cheapest, that is good for it's price.
04/20/2014 8:55 pm
Rast
Yeah but without the power of your CPU behind it it wont go above 30
04/20/2014 8:51 pm
Rast
No don't get a lower CPU if anything you need the one I recommend its a balance between the two
04/20/2014 8:48 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
CaptainRavenAndre
Rast is correct and i defenitely didn't mean that you should get a worse cpu. Get the one Rast recommended it is good. As for the gpu it will run low end games but probably not run very well on games like bf4. If you downgrade the cpu it would bottleneck the pc.

Anyways you could save up some more money and get a more bang for the buck gpu. Depends on how you like it.

-Andre
04/20/2014 8:50 pm
PrincessSteven
Let's say, I keep the currenct CPU and get a better GPU, would I be able to play games like bf4, then? I think I got a GPU in mind...
04/20/2014 8:55 pm
DrStrad
The problem with battlefield is that it's so CPU intensive. Regardless of GPU, the framerate wouldn't be too good.
04/20/2014 8:45 pm
Rast
Actually you do need the CPU power but the CPU I suggested should do better than what you have
04/20/2014 8:44 pm
PrincessSteven
CaptainRavenAndreWell it says "Princess" so ima call you "She"
But the EVGA will be cooler than the Gigabyte and does look a little better (My opinion) But both will run the same as long as it isn't overclocked.

-Andre

So do you think it's better going with the EVGA or going with the gigabyte and save 10 euro?

And, haha. Well I'm a Princess, but a guy princess [/quote]

In my opinion yes the EVGA would be better than the Gigabyte. It won't affect performance but will be much cooler and eventually quieter.[/quote]

Alright, so what do you think of the current CPU, that I use? Bad or good?

Does it make this build bad? Or would I still be able to play most games without this CPU making the game unplayeble.[/quote]

Most games excluding minecraft don't really need a lot of cpu power. It's more needed to have a powerful graphics cards. Now this build can probably not play games like bf 4 and high settings. Maybe at low. But aside from that it should be okay[/quote]

Well, I would like to get a better GPU, but then I'd have to lower the CPU to the one I had before, but the CPU is still needed?
04/20/2014 8:40 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
Well it says "Princess" so ima call you "She"
But the EVGA will be cooler than the Gigabyte and does look a little better (My opinion) But both will run the same as long as it isn't overclocked.

-Andre[/quote]

So do you think it's better going with the EVGA or going with the gigabyte and save 10 euro?

In my opinion yes the EVGA would be better than the Gigabyte. It won't affect performance but will be much cooler and eventually quieter.[/quote]

Does it make this build bad? Or would I still be able to play most games without this CPU making the game unplayeble.[/quote]

Most games excluding minecraft don't really need a lot of cpu power. It's more needed to have a powerful graphics cards. Now this build can probably not play games like bf 4 and high settings. Maybe at low. But aside from that it should be okay
04/20/2014 8:36 pm
PrincessSteven
CaptainRavenAndre
PrincessSteven
CaptainRavenAndreHaha, "she".. Sorry to say, but I'm a guy.

Also, what do you think about this GPU's?

http://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/kompon ... 0669.7050/

http://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/kompon ... 0712.7063/

Which would be, better to pick? Do I lose / gain something, from the other.

As the gigabyte costs 10 euro less, which is always good.

-Andre

And, haha. Well I'm a Princess, but a guy princess

Does it make this build bad? Or would I still be able to play most games without this CPU making the game unplayeble.
04/20/2014 8:31 pm
Rast
04/20/2014 8:30 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
PrincessSteven

-Andre

In my opinion yes the EVGA would be better than the Gigabyte. It won't affect performance but will be much cooler and eventually quieter.
04/20/2014 8:29 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
louis34qw
I did not mention that AMD got more bang for the buck in the lower price ranges. Also i had no idea she was looking at $50 cpu's. Now again low end Intel vs Low end AMD is a disaster
Complete murder AMD 100 vs 0 Intel. Which is true.

That's not what I was talking about, like just admitted, the lower end APU's such as the A4's and A6's and even AMD's new line of Kabini APU's trump Intel's Celerons and Pentiums even though the these Pentiums and Celerons get higher benchmark scores. But on the higher scale, I would buy an FX - 8350 any day over an overpriced, over-hyped Intel i7 4770k. Because of benchmarks, people think Intel is automatically better than AMD in everything but that's not true. Benchmarks are nice, but they have no real world applications for gamers. Does scoring a marginal amount of points more really matter, when in gaming, the results are almost identical. Let's be honest here, most people buy i7s and i5 for the prestige, it sounds impressive when someone says, "oh, I paid 339 dollars for a premium, unlocked, Intel i7 4770k." So please, reconsider before you yell about Intel trumping AMD in the High end.

I know all of this. it is mostly true.

But it is also true that the intel HIGH END cpu's win a little over the amd. While their price is MUCH higher which makes them kind of unworthy to buy. As i said you do get more bang for the buck with amd.But if you have the money, then Intel will beat an amd with like 3 fps because of the architecture. Now 3 fps is not very important.

Also what i meant is the life of amd cpu's. Since it uses huge amounts of power levels which will make your power bills boost a little. It will also get hotter. And without a good cooler for a hot cpu. It will not have a great long life together with you. As i am still stating you get more bang for the buck. but aside from that you can waste significantly more money on an intel to get a little better performance.
04/20/2014 8:25 pm
PrincessSteven

-Andre[/quote]

And, haha. Well I'm a Princess, but a guy princess
04/20/2014 8:23 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
Haha, "she".. Sorry to say, but I'm a guy.

As the gigabyte costs 10 euro less, which is always good.[/quote]

-Andre
04/20/2014 8:21 pm
PrincessSteven
louis34qw
I did not mention that AMD got more bang for the buck in the lower price ranges. Also i had no idea she was looking at $50 cpu's. Now again low end Intel vs Low end AMD is a disaster

That's not what I was talking about, like just admitted, the lower end APU's such as the A4's and A6's and even AMD's new line of Kabini APU's trump Intel's Celerons and Pentiums even though the these Pentiums and Celerons get higher benchmark scores. But on the higher scale, I would buy an FX - 8350 any day over an overpriced, over-hyped Intel i7 4770k. Because of benchmarks, people think Intel is automatically better than AMD in everything but that's not true. Benchmarks are nice, but they have no real world applications for gamers. Does scoring a marginal amount of points more really matter, when in gaming, the results are almost identical. Let's be honest here, most people buy i7s and i5 for the prestige, it sounds impressive when someone says, "oh, I paid 339 dollars for a premium, unlocked, Intel i7 4770k." So please, reconsider before you yell about Intel trumping AMD in the High end.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up, can someone now help me? :3
04/20/2014 8:19 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
louis34qw

04/20/2014 8:08 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Can someone help him with finding a good budget CPU? I know nothing about the low end CPUS
04/20/2014 8:07 pm
PrincessSteven
CaptainRavenAndre
louis34qw
CaptainRavenAndre
2. AMD cpu's tend to be iffy at times. I have used 1 for a year until i got my i5 4670k cpu from intel. The AMD Fx6100 is not very good but will function. But i highy recommend the 4th generation haswell cpu's from Intel.
)

You first point about Z87 Motherboards and Overclocked cards made sense, this doesn't make sense at all. AMD CPU's aren't "iffy" they're just cheaper than Intel (in terms of price but not in quality). AMD takes up a bit more power and they run typically a bit louder, but they aren't "iffy" AMD CPU's are durable and last long, IF you treat them right. This means replacing the thermal paste every year or so. Because that is what makes CPU's break down and run really hot and eventually lead to you getting a new computer. So really, my point is Intel isn't more durable than AMD and AMD isn't "iffy" or shady or bad quality.

Well you are a bit correct as i said that a little fast. I did not mention that AMD got more bang for the buck in the lower price ranges. Also i had no idea she was looking at $50 cpu's. Now again low end Intel vs Low end AMD is a disaster

-Andre

Haha, "she".. Sorry to say, but I'm a guy.

04/20/2014 8:05 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
Alright, what is a good intel CPU, at the same price (around 40-50 euro) ?[/quote]
50..... Umm uh uh......Nvm get an amd.
04/20/2014 8:04 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
louis34qw
CaptainRavenAndre
2. AMD cpu's tend to be iffy at times. I have used 1 for a year until i got my i5 4670k cpu from intel. The AMD Fx6100 is not very good but will function. But i highy recommend the 4th generation haswell cpu's from Intel.
)

You first point about Z87 Motherboards and Overclocked cards made sense, this doesn't make sense at all. AMD CPU's aren't "iffy" they're just cheaper than Intel (in terms of price but not in quality). AMD takes up a bit more power and they run typically a bit louder, but they aren't "iffy" AMD CPU's are durable and last long, IF you treat them right. This means replacing the thermal paste every year or so. Because that is what makes CPU's break down and run really hot and eventually lead to you getting a new computer. So really, my point is Intel isn't more durable than AMD and AMD isn't "iffy" or shady or bad quality.

Well you are a bit correct as i said that a little fast. I did not mention that AMD got more bang for the buck in the lower price ranges. Also i had no idea she was looking at $50 cpu's. Now again low end Intel vs Low end AMD is a disaster

-Andre
04/20/2014 8:01 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
louis34qw
CaptainRavenAndre
)

04/20/2014 7:43 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
It is a good build that could run the most games. BUT hold yours horses mate.

1. Z87 series motherboards are really recommended so you can overclock and have a variety of choices in the future. Also buying a superclocked card on a motherboard that can't overclock is pretty useless.

3. You forgot the case. I can guarantee that you don't want your computer hanging around so it makes the perfect trap for either a dog or your little sisters and bro's to step on. Which would mean a premature death of your computer.

4. I have that HDD it is good.

-Andre (I really hope i didn't come with super expensive options here)
04/20/2014 8:38 pm
DrStrad
A factory overclock on the GPU does not mean you will need a Motherboard that supports overclocking. It just means that the card runs at a higher speed than stock.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome