Grand Theft Auto Adventure Map Concept

CommanderNeville's Avatar CommanderNeville8/26/16 9:42 pm
9/1/2016 8:24 pm
CommanderNeville's Avatar CommanderNeville
I am currently considering working on a GTA inspired Minecraft adventure map based on the most recent addition to the franchise, Grand Theft Auto V. However, I want to get a good idea of what people would like to see in the map. Should I Re-create the Story Mode only, recreate the Heists, create a new story, or create a map with levels loosely based upon Story Mode missions? I am most heavilly leaning upon the last one, and hoping that the forums may be able to help. So far I haven't gotten much done aside from a few models, a 256 resource pack and an example map for me to test features for the map. Also developed is an idea for working cars using the models shown below. This includes cars driven by the player and cars that move on their own, with collision detection that kills players hit by them .

Collectible items such as peyote plants are also being considered if I choose to create a minimized version of Los Santos.

Since I don't want to completely rip off GTA V I need names for characters and places. For the main area I have chosen Las Aves, however, I need help with other elements. If you would rather I keep the names of characters and places, please let your voice be heard.

The project will be completely handled by me alone, so it may take some time to finish.

If you have any feedback please write a comment below and participate in the survey. Thank you and have a good day!
CommanderNeville
Level 58 : Grandmaster Paladin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/01/2016 8:24 pm
CommanderNeville
Hello once again! I've finally decided to do an open-world map, which will be a miniaturized version of San Andreas from GTA V. By miniaturized I do not mean smaller building; on the contrary, buildings may be slightly larger, however, distances between places that would normally be far away in the game may be closer. These distances may be obscured by mountains or forests, but rest assured your favorite places will still be included in the map, including but not limited to: Downtown Los Santos, Blaine County, the Airport, the Docks, Del Perro Pier, Vinewood, Mount Chiliad, Fort Zancudo, and other locations! Due to limitations and my desire not to built runways and buildings on angles other than straight lines, some areas may be different than in the base game. Sorry. I have also decided to stray away from the Heists idea since the Payday 2 map already did this, however, if people want just the Heists I may change my mind.
09/01/2016 3:28 pm
Level 24 : Expert Network
Delseyrian
I haven't played GTA V that much to judge, however...

Isn't that the star tower from GTA SA? first picture.
09/01/2016 3:57 pm
CommanderNeville
It's a personal variant of the US Bank Tower. In GTA San Andreas the Star Tower is based on the US Bank Tower, and in GTA V it makes another appearance as the Maze Bank.

Funny thing that you mentioned San Andreas, as I was considering for a while to make a map based on that instead.
09/01/2016 3:16 pm
CommanderNeville

An example of how collectible items such as Peyote plants would appear in the map.

I'm still unsure of whether or not I should create an open-world map due to the massive size of Los Santos and surrounding areas. Since the Payday 2 Minecraft map had heists, I'll most likely go with story missions, with 5 major events in the GTA V story accompanied by the beginning story mission and the ending missions.
08/27/2016 11:07 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
SatielDoesThings
What i'd like to see out of this is vital parts of Story Mode, and a few parts of the heists. And of course, free roaming if it isn't too hard to do. I can tell that this is going to be awesome.
Feel free to pm me on skype when it's done
dragonfails
08/27/2016 10:58 pm
CommanderNeville
All the way to the FIB!

08/27/2016 11:44 am
CommanderNeville
Crazygateway, thanks for the ideas. I was inspired to do this map after I rewatched the Yogscast playing a Payday 2 inspired map.
08/27/2016 11:29 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Crazygateway
i think blaine county should change to plain county for humor and Michael changed to Wayne (for story mode) i love the models and cant wait to play this (if you let us of course) if your doing your own story i think you should do a payday thing inside the GTA V world with cops (that you keep in your house untill they become bad) help you
08/27/2016 7:43 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
can i have a cargun
08/27/2016 8:13 am
CommanderNeville
By Cargun I'm guessing I could have a rocket launcher that fires Cars... It's doable, hard to do, but doable. It's just looks like I'll have to add a cargun
08/27/2016 2:35 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
all good gta games need a car gun
08/27/2016 7:41 am
CommanderNeville
Any feedback whatsover would be great!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com