Grenade levels/types

xXBrozZXx's Avatar xXBrozZXx4/21/14 3:17 pm
4/21/2014 4:49 pm
Foxy's Avatar Foxy
I'm making a mod and within the mod, there are different types of grenades, what could be the names of the grenades to show different powers, i was just going to have, 'diamond grenade', 'gold grenade', 'iron grenade' etc, but it seems too boring. any ideas?
xXBrozZXx
Level 45 : Master Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/21/2014 4:49 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
you can basically have sticky grenades in vanilla minecraft with the help of command blocks so I'm sure there's some way to do it
04/21/2014 3:54 pm
xXBrozZXx
yea, I've got the higher blast radius/power thing in already, i just haven't made recipes for them, i don't know if i should bother with diamond, gold, iron, emerald, ruby, tin etc core to the grenades so i can't make recipes until i decide on if I'm just going to use the diamond/gold/iron/ruby etc ranking system for them or another way..
04/21/2014 3:48 pm
Foxy
there is the thing in the code how arrows stay in players a while after hitting them
would it be possible to use this somehow so that that specific grenade sticks to entities in a similar way?

Also if you want you could add another variable in the making of each grenade that determines whether higher levels of material equal higher blast radius or higher blast power
04/21/2014 4:02 pm
xXBrozZXx
oh and the sticking thing, i don't know, but even with the arrow thing, the arrow gives damage upon impact, i can't find it in the code to check how its coded to see if it can be manipulated to deliver damage later, but i don't think it could:/
04/21/2014 3:57 pm
xXBrozZXx
forgot to quote, you mightn't get notification if not.
04/21/2014 3:31 pm
Foxy
have different types of grenades too along with the gold, iron, diamond, etc thing
so have types of grenades like fragmentation grenade, concussion/sticky grenade, incendiary grenades, etc. Each type has its own wood-diamond range

so
wood-diamond frag grenade
wood-diamond concussion grenade
wood-diamond incendiary....etc

use this as a reference for a few different types
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade
or you could also make up your own

just don't make one that does some game-breaking function like "turns all blocks in its blast radiance to diamond"
04/21/2014 3:42 pm
xXBrozZXx
the problem with concussion grenade is that there is no concussion texture/effect in the game already and writing it will take a lot of time, i guess it would be possible to give the negative potion effects upon impact?

sticky grenades aren't something I'm going to bother with as the grenades I've already coded aren't timed, they explode on impact and id have to recode my entire mod to make them timed to add sticky/non-sticky functions. its a good idea for a later update though if i get time.
04/21/2014 3:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Shadow_Rider_21
yeah fart grenade?
04/21/2014 3:24 pm
xXBrozZXx
you're totally missing the point of this forum post. i need names, not ideas.
04/21/2014 3:24 pm
Shadow_Rider_21
you should have some funny ones fart grenade
04/21/2014 3:22 pm
xXBrozZXx
no, i just mean names, and i have that already i just need names for them, like for what would be the name of a small power grenade and what would be the name of a high power grenade etc.
04/21/2014 3:20 pm
Shadow_Rider_21
Random grenade it gives a random effect?

3 type levels 1 not that big 2 bigger 3 massive
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome