Groupmanager, Im hopeless :(

OfficialBrofy's Avatar OfficialBrofy9/3/15 1:10 pm
1 emeralds 172 6
9/9/2015 10:28 am
tmad40blue's Avatar tmad40blue
Hello can someone please help me? I have a server and its getting very popular at the moment but somehow my groupmanager stopped working. Everyone can build now so i put it on whitelist. I have no idea what to do i already tried things but its not working somehow, If i add a new group, It just dissapears in the game. What do i need to do? Plugins: SimpleBackup, Groupmanager, Worldedit, Coreprotect, Buycraft, Vault, Protocollib, Worldguard, Uplanes, Essentials, lift, Warpportals, Houses, EssentialsXMPP, EssentialsProtect, Essentialsspawn, timeismoney, EssentialsChat
OfficialBrofy
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/09/2015 10:28 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
tmad40blue
Pr0PancakeslolDelete it and wewrite [sic] the groups. you will get a group named default

I would advise against taking such a drastic measure to fix what looks to be a small problem. Chances are that GroupManager is throwing an error that tells you exactly where the problem is (line and character number), and that you will be able to fix your issues that way.
09/09/2015 1:52 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Pr0Pancakeslol
Delete it and wewrite the groups. you will get a group named default

after deleting it type /manuaddv default <the prefix you want>

so like /manuaddv default &8[&cMember&8]

then just add permissions to it again /mangaddp Default <permission>

/mangaddp Default essentials.tpa
09/08/2015 12:30 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
tmad40blue
When something doesn't work on a Minecraft server, it will produce an error in console.

It sounds as though GroupManager may not even be running in the first place. To test this, type /plugins while in-game, and see if GroupManager shows up red. If it does, that means it is NOT running, and that you need to look at your server's latest.log file - somewhere near the top. There will be an error similar to this one:

Error while trying to start plugin "GroupManager" - is it up to date?

99% chance it's a syntax error in your permissions file. GroupManager is even nice to you and will tell you exactly which line and character is causing the issue!
09/07/2015 12:14 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
What's groupmanager? Sorry if this sounds strange but I own a vanilla, self-hosted server.
09/06/2015 11:51 pm
Level 1 : New Engineer
aquaprofile
OfficialBrofyHello can someone please help me? I have a server and its getting very popular at the moment but somehow my groupmanager stopped working. Everyone can build now so i put it on whitelist. I have no idea what to do i already tried things but its not working somehow, If i add a new group, It just dissapears in the game. What do i need to do? Plugins: SimpleBackup, Groupmanager, Worldedit, Coreprotect, Buycraft, Vault, Protocollib, Worldguard, Uplanes, Essentials, lift, Warpportals, Houses, EssentialsXMPP, EssentialsProtect, Essentialsspawn, timeismoney, EssentialsChat

Are there any error.log files in your group manager folder? and are you sure youre setting the groups up right? Send me a link to your groups.yml and globalgroups.yml in a http://pastebin.com/ and I will help you.
09/04/2015 8:03 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn
Dovahkaal
you must have the default group set up wrong.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome