groupmanager prefix help!

Are you new to setting up a server and need a bit of pointing in the right direction? This is the place to be.

Post Permalink
by Titus763 » 11/4/2012

HI im titus and i am running my server and i cant get my prefixes to work with groupmanager for each group. If someone could help me that would be great!
I am a TOASTBUSTER
Level 12
Journeyman Cake
Says: I am a POPTART
Minecraft: Titus763
mc_server: epicraft.no-ip.biz

Post Permalink
by whitedeathrqd95 » 11/4/2012

If you op me i can take a look. I know that seems like I'm a griefer, but that's the only way I can besides being at you computer
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by lp998 » 11/4/2012

you need a chatmanager, first of all. i recommend essentialschat. i use groupmanager and essentialschat together and it works great. if you want, here is a sample taken directly from my groups.yml file:
Default:
default: true
permissions:
- essentials.afk
- essentials.bal
- essentials.help
- essentials.home
- essentials.me
- essentials.motd
- essentials.msg
- essentials.spawn
- essentials.tell
- g:bukkit_default
- g:essentials_default
- g:groupmanager_default
- g:towny_default
inheritance: []
info:
prefix: '&7[Guest]&f'
build: false
suffix: ''

that is for default players. do no use what i have as it is set to match my plugins. you can use the prefix though.
ImageImage
Level 14
Journeyman Blockhead
Says: Hmmm.... gotta find something witty to put here.
Minecraft: lp998

Post Permalink
by acer5999 » 11/4/2012

whitedeathrqd95 wrote:If you op me i can take a look. I know that seems like I'm a griefer, but that's the only way I can besides being at you computer

Nope your wrong you cannot I repeat CANNOT do prefixes In game you need to use the Control Panel Obviously you are a complete Idiot and should not have looked at this post as well I hate to say it but you are a griefer :D Contact me I am very experience and I dont need op Just the control panel or you can send me the file via skype if you are very dont trust me :D
[i]I Love Pex! Group Manager! Foxes!
I Dont Code Much but when I do I use [b]Ruby!

Level 1
New Crafter

Post Permalink
by lp998 » 11/4/2012

acer5999 wrote:
whitedeathrqd95 wrote:If you op me i can take a look. I know that seems like I'm a griefer, but that's the only way I can besides being at you computer

Nope your wrong you cannot I repeat CANNOT do prefixes In game you need to use the Control Panel Obviously you are a complete Idiot and should not have looked at this post as well I hate to say it but you are a griefer :D Contact me I am very experience and I dont need op Just the control panel or you can send me the file via skype if you are very dont trust me :D

ok, acer, you are the wrong one here. you can do it in game, you can't do it from the control panel. the easiest way though it to edit the file.
ImageImage
Level 14
Journeyman Blockhead
Says: Hmmm.... gotta find something witty to put here.
Minecraft: lp998

Return to Server Help