GTX 1070?

Filip96's Avatar Filip965/7/16 5:05 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 33
7/8/2016 9:49 pm
Civeberg's Avatar Civeberg
is it worth it? from luke and jay I heard the reference 1070 is better then the titan x.
Filip96
Level 30 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/08/2016 8:22 pm
Filip96
alas i still have 500$ sitting in my wallet because i cant get an opinion without causing flame wars
07/08/2016 9:49 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
yeah because people arguing on the side totally stops you from a simple google search for some basic facts instead of these opinions
07/08/2016 9:40 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
They've just been going into the nitty gritty details, where you likely just want a basic opinion. Honestly, with where the prices are at right now, you're going to be satisfied with just about anything you buy, unless you're VERY touchy on how good you want your graphics to be. CultOfMush (Youtube) has some excellent reviews/benchmarks of the 10 series (though the benchmarks are currently not out to watch yet, though he references them in some videos).

Just buy the 1070 if you want it. It's going to run whatever you want at very high framerates with high/ultra settings for the next few years, or at the very least until the next console generation.
07/06/2016 6:59 pm
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
Killertoad

Aeternalis_
Nvidia is far superior for gaming, AMD is far superior for everything else.

No, that's not even true lol. They're pretty much equal in terms of gaming performance, when each side has a card to compete with the other.

That's just what's gone in my experience. AMD has shown to be better for cryptocurrency mining and rendering.
07/06/2016 12:22 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Sergeant Sarcasm
Killertoad
There are no modern cards that won't work with everything nowadays. Compatibility issues are really a thing of the past, most "compatibility issues" of today are simple stuff.

You're actually very much right about this and is probably where I'm wrong or at least not accurately explaining myself, my experience with the cards are more with older ones. I haven't gotten to mess around with newer cards as much as I have with older ones ('cause I'm broke AF) since my dad was super into PC building in the past, so I kinda just piggy backed off of what he did and what he knows. I was mostly using my shading knowledge of how constantly GLSL Shaders will constantly need certain fixes for Intel HD Graphics (I know this is completely different) and sometimes has issues with AMD cards, though I have noticed these are commonly issues with the drivers and not the card itself.

Okay, then yeah I see what you're saying. AMD has been known for issues such as that, but that really is a thing of the past, their Linux drivers have been better for years now, and now their Windows drivers are basically ahead of nVidia now.

Aeternalis_

No, that's not even true lol. They're pretty much equal in terms of gaming performance, when each side has a card to compete with the other.
07/05/2016 5:40 pm
Aeternalis_
Killertoad
ICEThat
Killertoad

Ikr

I'm one of those people what hates Apple and AMD and thinks Intel and GTX is the way to go

Why would you hate AMD? Like I seriously don't understand half the nVidia fanboy's, do you just like them because everyone else does? Do you even have an nvidia card? Because for some reason, I feel like you don't even have one, and if you do it's an older card, like a GT 8600 or something lol, or a gt 6xx or 7xx card.

Also it's not "GTX", plenty of computer parts have had the name GTX in it, lol.

07/05/2016 5:31 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Latiodile
Sergeant Sarcasmhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875.

thats cuz its so good
07/05/2016 5:27 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
07/05/2016 5:21 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
Killertoad
There are no modern cards that won't work with everything nowadays. Compatibility issues are really a thing of the past, most "compatibility issues" of today are simple stuff.

You're actually very much right about this and is probably where I'm wrong or at least not accurately explaining myself, my experience with the cards are more with older ones. I haven't gotten to mess around with newer cards as much as I have with older ones ('cause I'm broke AF) since my dad was super into PC building in the past, so I kinda just piggy backed off of what he did and what he knows. I was mostly using my shading knowledge of how constantly GLSL Shaders will constantly need certain fixes for Intel HD Graphics (I know this is completely different) and sometimes has issues with AMD cards, though I have noticed these are commonly issues with the drivers and not the card itself.
07/05/2016 4:42 pm
Aeternalis_
The titan is there for the absurd amounts of Vram. 1070 is there for a budget oriented solution compared to the 1080.
07/05/2016 4:38 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc2196306
[deleted]
07/04/2016 1:51 am
Killertoad
Sergeant Sarcasm
Killertoad
Sergeant Sarcasm
their video cards are typically good for budget builds if you don't mind coming across a few visual artifacts in some games or just the inability to play it at all.

What? No? There is literally no difference between AMD and nVidia other than the fact that AMD is normally cheaper and draws more power or is a bit slower performance wise. You'll never be unable to play a game due to brand, nor do you get artifacts because of brand? Come on man.

This is from experience, it's typically not with desktop cards but with lots of their integrated graphics for laptops will have strange visual artifacts. It happens with GTA 5 and also with the GLSL Shaders mod for Minecraft. It's not common, but it happens and it exists and has been documented. There is a difference, and not just in performance. I'm not trying to put AMD down because they have great cards, and they work perfectly with most tripple A games, but it's kinda like how some individual cards have compatibility issues with some games. Different cards have different framework, and if drivers/games don't work around that correctly then there will be compatibility errors.

Edit: To clarify, it's not just brand, nVidia will have it's compatibility issues with games too and I'm not saying all AMD cards will do this, but I've experienced it more with AMD. Each brand has their differences which will sometimes cause issues if not accommodated for properly.

And no, most lineup of cards are the same GPU, just binned, and lower binned chips have cores shut off, lower bandwidth, etc etc. I've got a buddy who bought a Fury and flashed a Fury X bios on it, unlocked it's cores, and he has a legit Fury X, because it's the same GPU. I've done it with a 7950 and flashed it to a 280x bios.

I've never experienced issues with any cards, and not trying to offend or belittle, but I doubt you've maybe own more than 1 from each brand. I've had countless cards from both sides, different gens, and all that, and yeah each has had issues, but none were brand issues, they were all game, or just hardware issues. Nothing to do with brands.
07/03/2016 8:25 pm
Filip96
One great example of how nvidia sucks, well just try installing linux on a pc with a nvidia (Aka NoVideo) card. And i remember i had 0 luck with my first gpu, a 750 Ti soon as i tuned it up a mhz it just crapped it self with artifacts everywhere
07/03/2016 2:40 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
Killertoad
Sergeant Sarcasm
their video cards are typically good for budget builds if you don't mind coming across a few visual artifacts in some games or just the inability to play it at all.

What? No? There is literally no difference between AMD and nVidia other than the fact that AMD is normally cheaper and draws more power or is a bit slower performance wise. You'll never be unable to play a game due to brand, nor do you get artifacts because of brand? Come on man.

This is from experience, it's typically not with desktop cards but with lots of their integrated graphics for laptops will have strange visual artifacts. It happens with GTA 5 and also with the GLSL Shaders mod for Minecraft. It's not common, but it happens and it exists and has been documented. There is a difference, and not just in performance. I'm not trying to put AMD down because they have great cards, and they work perfectly with most tripple A games, but it's kinda like how some individual cards have compatibility issues with some games. Different cards have different framework, and if drivers/games don't work around that correctly then there will be compatibility errors.

Edit: To clarify, it's not just brand, nVidia will have it's compatibility issues with games too and I'm not saying all AMD cards will do this, but I've experienced it more with AMD. Each brand has their differences which will sometimes cause issues if not accommodated for properly.
07/03/2016 2:29 pm
Killertoad
Sergeant Sarcasm

07/03/2016 2:08 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
Latiodile
ICEThatIntel and GTX is the way to go

>nvidia fanboy
>doesn't even know what the graphics cards are called

str8 tolt

Honestly though I go with Intel for CPUs and nVidia for GPUs because they're the mainstream option. It's not like I'm trying to be conformist, but it's that there is typically more compatibility with their hardware as far as games go. AMD CPUs are typically lackluster in performance and their video cards are typically good for budget builds if you don't mind coming across a few visual artifacts in some games or just the inability to play it at all.
07/03/2016 1:58 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
ICEThatIntel and GTX is the way to go

>nvidia fanboy
>doesn't even know what the graphics cards are called
07/03/2016 1:27 pm
Killertoad
ICEThat
Killertoad
ICEThatGTX 1070 is great, I would recommend any GTX or GeForce over an RX or other card.

If this isn't a prime example of a fanboy, then I don't know what is lol.

Ikr

I'm one of those people what hates Apple and AMD and thinks Intel and GTX is the way to go

Why would you hate AMD? Like I seriously don't understand half the nVidia fanboy's, do you just like them because everyone else does? Do you even have an nvidia card? Because for some reason, I feel like you don't even have one, and if you do it's an older card, like a GT 8600 or something lol, or a gt 6xx or 7xx card.

Also it's not "GTX", plenty of computer parts have had the name GTX in it, lol.
07/03/2016 1:34 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
Killertoad
ICEThatGTX 1070 is great, I would recommend any GTX or GeForce over an RX or other card.

Ikr

07/01/2016 10:46 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
PixelQuest01
I am actually using this card right now If you want to know how well it performs add me on skype " DemonicAngel007"
07/02/2016 2:39 am
Killertoad
Why should someone have to add you on skype to get your opinion on something? Why not just say it here, for everyone to see?

07/01/2016 10:00 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
FilipPi
what a claim! so your saying you would recommend a GeForce 256 over a Rx480?

It'll only be worse in DX12 :^)
07/01/2016 5:47 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
GTX 1070 is great, I would recommend any GTX or GeForce over an RX or other card.
07/01/2016 2:15 pm
Filip96
what a claim! so your saying you would recommend a GeForce 256 over a Rx480?

The GeForce 256 is the original release in Nvidia's "GeForce" product-line. Announced on August 31, 1999 and released on October 11, 1999 GeForce 256 was marketed as "the world's first 'GPU', or Graphics Processing Unit" However the latest drivers are only availible for windows XP, me, 98, or 95
07/01/2016 4:51 am
Filip96
Again I ask non founders gtx 1070 or wait for the rx480 or something I need good video outputs and preferably low energy consumption (like a 6pin connector I dont feel like upgrading my psu yet) I was thinking of evga's acx3.0 1070
06/30/2016 12:34 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
Yes, but wait for the custom cards to come out. Don't spend a $100 extra dollars on the founders edition.

edit: some may have already released I was thinking of the 1080
06/30/2016 10:35 am
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
Someone answered your question, either delete this thread or lock it. Nothing else can be said
06/30/2016 6:27 pm
Leeberator
...And yet my answer was pretty vague. Now that benchmarks are out, OP can get a more substantial answer.
06/30/2016 12:33 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
I think he bumped it because the cards have been released and he's looking for an answer based on facts rather than claims.
But yes, the 1070 is a great budget card. Not sure if the benchmarks come out to be better than the Titan X though.
07/05/2016 5:12 pm
Level 45 : Master Architect
CrankerMan
How is $500 - $600 "great budget"???

The RX480 is great budget right now for less than $300
07/05/2016 5:24 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
You kinda bumped the price up $50-100 more than it is. You can get a non-reference card for about $400. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875
Compared to 1080 and other nVidia cards, performance per dollar is great.
06/30/2016 2:33 am
Filip96
Bump
05/07/2016 5:19 pm
Leeberator
At the presentation Jen-Hsun Huang gave last night, it was revealed that the GTX 1080 is faster than 980 SLI and the 1070 is faster than the Titan X. How well those claims will hold up once the GPUs release and independent benchmarks are done is up for debate.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome