Guitar Advice?

krookyj's Avatar krookyj7/29/15 8:53 pm
1 emeralds 852 7
7/30/2015 8:57 pm
krookyj's Avatar krookyj
So today, I visited Six Flags. And a noticed in some of the Carnival (Six Flags is not a carnival, but i don't know what else to call them) games that one of the prizes you could get is an electric guitar. I Decided not to get it because #1, I'm Terrible at Carnival games, and #2, The were all Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Overall DC Comic Themed.

Click to reveal

The Kind of Guitar they have. ↑

But it did spark my Interest. So, I'm Wondering if any Expert Guitarists out there have any advice on how to play, or how to get one, or just any sort of advice on Electric Guitars.
krookyj
Level 20 : Expert Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2015 1:20 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragon
Eternal_Edge
If you ever do decide to get a guitar, its important to remember that its not the guitar the makes the player. You can have a cheap guitar and it can still sound amazing if you know what you're doing and someone who has barely any experience with a super expensive guitar could sound bad. Also it helps, but you do not need to pay for lessons to learn guitar. I started with lessons, but after a week I had to stop because my instructor had to cancel them due to low attendance. After that I used YouTube and taught myself how to play, that was 7 years ago. I also recommend getting an acoustic first, it's entirely up to you, but with an electric you are going to have to get an amp and if you practice on an acoustic all you have to do is start playing and not worry about anything else, and If you enjoy playing you can get an electric guitar next.

These YouTube channels really helped me.
https://www.youtube.com/user/BobbyCrispy
https://www.youtube.com/user/martyzsongs
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yourguitarsage
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aturn3d

Another thing that may help you is the video game Rocksmith. I did not use it to learn, but I have played it and it can help beginner guitar players.
It may feel impossible at times or that you cant do it, but if you stick with it and practice at least 30min to an hour everyday, I'm sure you will be playing in no time.
p.s make sure you get a lot of pics
07/30/2015 8:57 pm
krookyj
That was all great advice. I checked out all the YouTube channels. Big Thank you for all your advice, i'll be sure to take it to heart.
07/30/2015 7:26 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Scapegoat
Gab_Cab
Join team Ukulele m80
07/30/2015 7:21 am
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
i have an acoustic and an electric guitar. There are some small differences between acoustic and electric, but these don't really mater to much. if you can play an acoustic you can play electric, but the electric guitar is heavier. also, if you play without plectrum you will have to get used to play on an electric guitar, since the acoustic strings are for as far as i know mostly nylon (this was told me at the shop where i bought my guitar) and the electric guitar strings are all aluminium and steel.

if you want to get an electric guitar, i bought mine on the internet. i recommend you buy a Squire, this is a guitar from the Fender brand. Fenders are mostly used by the professionals, but Squire is a bit cheaper but the quality is still as good.
To use your electric guitar you will need an amplifier, i bought a Harly Benton HB-20G.
I hope this helps.

PS

Things like Venus from Shocking blue sound a lot better on an electric guitar.
07/30/2015 12:58 pm
krookyj
Thank you. I will take your advice to heart.
07/30/2015 7:03 am
Level 1 : New Network
Perthy
It's almost like playing an acoustic guitar, but with extra buttons and cords. You can play chords on it, but it's mostly played as a solo bit. I've played with one of them before, and I can tell you they're less difficult to press your fingers against the strings than the acoustic

If you don't know how to play any chords, you can look them up on Google under images, that's how I learned how to play guitar.

Sorry, not much advice, since I'm just an acoustic guitar player

Good luck!
07/30/2015 12:59 pm
krookyj
Thank you for the tips on Guitars. And what you said was great advice.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome