Hacking Discussion

elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er12/26/14 11:19 pm
1 emeralds 1.9k 76
12/30/2014 5:42 pm
Palaeos's Avatar Palaeos
This topic may end up being a little big controversial. To ensure that everyone stays safe, and that the topic doesn't get removed, I ask that nobody discusses hacking techniques. PM me if you have any questions.

This topic is to discuss current happenings in the hacking world. Discuss hacker groups such as Anonymous, Lizard Squad, CyberVor or whoever else you'd like to discuss.

Please do not discuss the ethnics of hacking. I'm not saying hacking is right or wrong. I personally find it rather interesting to talk about.

If the topic is closed, I'll continue voicing my opinion at: http://ifleyhacking.wordpress.com/
elfin8er
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/30/2014 5:42 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Do not make threads which encourage or promote hacking, even if you do not provide links directly on the thread it is not acceptable to give out hacking programs or links to their downloads on the site. If it is brought to my attention such things resulted from this thread the users who gave them out will be immediately banned up to a perm ban based on what is given out.
12/28/2014 10:52 am
elfin8er
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but PSN is back up.
12/28/2014 6:38 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
I hope you understand Anonymous only target those who stand against free speech, or otherwise those who breaks the rules they set up.
12/28/2014 6:18 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
CascadianX
Both Youtube Interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngp4kSB5z80 - Lizard Squad - Sky News Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHBBl5vpZUw - Lizard Squad Live Interview w BBC Radio

All of these people are all on a video together .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGTbttD91pI - The Interview #DramaAlert - Kim Dotcom , Lizard Squad , Anonymous & Finest - PSN & XBL Still Down!
12/28/2014 8:29 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
If I was Ryan I wouldn't go there and show my face publicly if I was part of the Lizard Squad.
12/28/2014 8:06 am
elfin8er
Thanks, wasn't aware of the first link!
12/28/2014 12:29 am
elfin8er
In other news, according to Anonymous, North Korea's internet as well as 3G services are down once again. Also, http://www.footprint.net/ has been taken down (possibly by Anonymous) for claims that it was an FBI spying tool.
12/28/2014 12:24 am
elfin8er
Ok, so here's what we know from the interview. Lizard Squad, Kim Dotcom, and even Finest Squad all confirmed that the attacks have stopped on both PSN and XBL. According to Finest Squad, Sony is working on upgrading their servers so that this doesn't happen again, and that's supposedly what all of the downtime is from.

Also, according to Kim Dotcom, users are continuously attempting to connect to PSN in hopes that it is online. So many people are doing this, that Sony is essentially being ddosed by all of it's users. I'd personally stop trying to connect to PSN if you are, to help free up Sony's servers while they're being fixed.

In the interview, Lizard Squad made a very good point about Finest Squad. Finest Squad spent a huge amount of donation money on dosing Lizard Squad's website, and I believe their email service. They said that taking down their website doesn't do anything. It doesn't effect their operations at all. Finest Squad is essentially asking for donations, and blowing it on a bunch of useless crap. If anything, I'd say that Finest Squad is a lot less powerful that Lizard Squad, and does not have the knowledge to really touch Lizard Squad. Lizard Squad was able to take down PSN and XBL without any extra donations, whereas Finest Squad can't even stop Lizard Squad's operations with tons of donations.

According to Lizard Squad, Tor was never attacked. They simply created 3000 exit nodes on Tor that, according to them, aren't a threat. If I remember correctly, Tor had confirmed this. However, it's debatable whether or not this was to obtain information from Tor users.

Also, it appears that Anonymous' main goal now (in this specific situation), is to prove that Finest Squad is a fraud, and to keep XBL and PSN up for as long as possible.

It appears that Lizard Squad has the perfect solution for both XBL and PSN. Simply purchase more bandwidth, and better hardware. According to Lizard Squad, that's the best way to solve this issue. The way they put it, is that should be their number one priority. Ensuring that their servers don't go down. If their power goes out, they have an extra power supply, so why not have enough bandwidth to also ensure that their servers don't go down? However, what I don't understand, is it ends up being a huge loop. These companies upgrade their servers, just to protect themselves from hackers trying to protect these companies from the hackers. Does that make sense?

In conclusion, it looks like Lizard Squad has cease fire on both XBL and PSN, and Anonymous has cease fire on Lizard Squad. However, I don't believe Anonymous has cease fire on Finest Squad, and I don't believe Finest Squad has cease fire on Lizard Squad.
12/27/2014 11:49 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
Someone found out who one of these guys are:
http://pastebin.com/auCjECYN
12/27/2014 11:52 pm
elfin8er
There have been a lot of DOX claims mostly by Finest Squad. So far, these have all proved to be false information. From what I've heard and seen, Finest Squad isn't at all believable.
12/28/2014 12:03 am
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
maybe they get tricked...after all,they change their IP's
12/27/2014 11:44 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
KimDotcom offered them Mega accounts,correct?

I heard that's like an anonymous program.
12/27/2014 11:50 pm
elfin8er
Mega isn't an Anonymous program, but it's a service that I'm sure is used by Anonymous. From my understanding, it's pretty much a file upload service where storage is encrypted, and very secure. They're also very much about letting you upload pretty much whatever you'd like.
12/27/2014 11:41 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
BossJordan_g
My Xbox One is working perfectly.
12/27/2014 11:25 pm
elfin8er
I believe these above reasons are exactly the reason Lizard Squad ddosed Micro$oft and Sony. To prove that they (specifically Sony), Need to up their game when it comes on online play.
12/27/2014 9:14 pm
D_A_T_H
PSN has always had the weakest security of any online gaming. They just do not care about the people playing their consoles online. Or they would have fixed it already. Look at microsoft. They were down for a few hours and fixed it. If the PSN goes down again for over a month i will not be buying a ps4. Ill just stick to Xbox and my computer.
12/27/2014 8:25 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1638765
[deleted]
12/27/2014 8:07 pm
D_A_T_H
i agree that microsoft has better protection. A few years ago the PSN went down for over a month and i have yet to have that kinda stuff happen to XBL. Im just basing my opinion off the look my little brother had when he couldnt play his game.
12/27/2014 1:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Goombs1
hi, I hack in minecraft LOLOLOLOLollipop!
12/27/2014 1:51 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger
COOOCOOO123
I just hope that these companies change their servers because of this. Although, if they do, it encourages hackers because it shows a big company can be changed however they want by a group of people.
12/27/2014 2:05 pm
elfin8er
I believe this was the original reason Lizard Squad ddosed these servers. To raise awareness that it can be done, and that the servers need to be upgraded. Personally, I think Sony needs the upgrades more than Micro$oft. Micro$oft was able to get their servers back online within a few hours after the attack stopped, whereas it's been more than 24 hours for Sony, and PSN is still down.
12/27/2014 1:15 pm
elfin8er
Looks like Anonymous stoll some passwords and credit card information yesterday. Looking into the details. source
12/27/2014 1:26 pm
WTFshady
These guys are crazy...The ghostbin link was removed btw, so no free accounts for you
12/27/2014 1:42 pm
elfin8er
I would hope it would have been removed xD
12/27/2014 6:01 am
WTFshady
I just found out that this "Lizard Squad" has been around for quite a while (4 months) and they prioritize high profile video-game companies.
12/27/2014 5:56 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
The recent PSN thingy WASN'T a hack, damnit. Nothong was stolen, apart for server uptime! It was a big DDOS, where they just took down the servers. Not a hack.
12/27/2014 4:23 am
elfin8er
Just in case the topic is taken down, I'll start posting to http://ifleyhacking.wordpress.com if anybody's interesting in continuing to hear my view on things.
12/27/2014 4:09 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
I won`t talk about it too beacuse I`m sick of arguing in this forums just beacuse some people argue over my opinions. I`m just sick of it. I`m out.
12/27/2014 4:13 am
elfin8er
This is a place to discuss your opinions. If you voice your opinion, you can always expect somebody to voice theirs. If that's something you're not ok with, then goodbye.
12/27/2014 4:05 am
elfin8er
VeryMadCrafter
WTFshady
VeryMadCrafterMany hackers use Huzuni hack and most of the time they don`t even get cought. That`s what makes PvP servers kind of unfair. We need new solutions to stop them.

We're talking about hacking, not custom Minecraft clients.

Huzuni IS a hack. You don`t have to cry about it instantly.

It depends on your definition of a "hack". Either way, I don't believe "hacked clients" are allowed to be discussed on PMC, so I'd rather not talk about it here any longer.
12/27/2014 3:42 am
elfin8er
No hacks on Tor yet, but idk if the threats were a hoax or not... (source)
12/27/2014 3:40 am
D_A_T_H
It just seems like a stupid way to make the general public hate you. They ruined thousands of kids presents since they weren't able to get on to XBL and PSN to set their stuff up. So instead of making people want to support them, they caused more people to dislike them. Since it was on the news it made even more people angry. I dont play on XBL or PSN but i was still pissed that my little brother wasnt able to set up his Xbox One and play AC Unity cause guess what the losersquad decided to take them down. And since its a digital copy he couldnt download it. So yeah good job liztardsquad. Congrats to you on ruining childrens days.
12/27/2014 3:50 am
elfin8er
That's if you want to look at the negative side of things. Now look at the good side of things.

If a few random people can attack Microsoft and Sony and cause a bit of damage, then think of the damage that could be done with everybody's accounts that are on these servers. I believe that LizardSquad did these attacks for three reasons. You can choose to agree, or disagree.

1. To prove that it can be done, and that both companies need to look into preventing these types of situations. LizardSquad has stated that these attacks are preventable. Ddos attacks are constantly being attempted against these companies, and the only way to raise awareness of them is to show that it can be done.

2. To prove that Microsoft has a better infrastructure than Sony. Microsoft had been able to get their servers back up and running within a few hours. However, for Sony, it's been 24 hours and their servers still aren't up. Sony's servers are also very vulnerable. This is obvious from the recent password stealing from Sony, as well as LizardSquad's ddosing. Even more recently and terrifying is that LizardSquad also supposedly obtained a CA from Sony during the attack. That's pretty scary stuff...

3. For the laughs, and a bit of money. I'll admit it. LizardSquad probably had a lot of fun with this, and it gave them a challenge. They also supposedly made close to half a million dollars from the attack. Whether this was in the original plan or not, I'm not sure.

Imo, you have a pretty sad life if Christmas is ruined because you can't fully use your gifts for a day or two...
12/27/2014 3:36 am
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
strongblaster
Think your internet is slow? click this link
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3967290496.png[/color]
#QuotesRbroke

Nop. Had 0.02mbp/s connection at my old house. Not kidding.
12/27/2014 3:34 am
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
EpicToasterizle
I Would hack the hive if i were them.
12/27/2014 3:14 am
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Another thing, They did not hack Sony or Microsoft, they did no hacking on them! There is no hacking involved when performing a DDoS attack. It just takes money and a botnet army, which isnt hard with spam email and those you have won ads.
12/27/2014 3:34 am
CascadianX
As an owner of a 15gbps network and small database center,

Hacking, in technical terms, is considered an act of using technology in a way to better or weaken software or network and many other things, though this is the main idea of it.

Sony & Microsoft were ddosed by Lizard Squad, which they obtained the power of the DDoS by hacking and using malicious software to create a bot-net. They also hacked into servers before and obtained and stolen documents, redirects and many other things.

There is indeed hacking involved in DDoS attacks due to the very nature of how you use the resources to your disposal. You can't just attack using your home network, it doesn't work.
12/27/2014 3:20 am
elfin8er
Thank you!! Though, from what I've read, hacking was involved. Not in the DDoS attack itself, but I had heard that they gained access to servers with 100 gigabit connections and used them for the attack.
12/27/2014 3:16 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
Honestly, it really doesn't matter if it was hacking or DDoSing.
12/27/2014 3:02 am
elfin8er
Would anybody be interested in me creating a blog to compile all of this news? I don't want to spam Planetminecraft with random thoughts and what-not. Would anybody follow along with the blog if I were to do that?
12/27/2014 2:41 am
VeryMadCrafter
Many hackers use Huzuni hack and most of the time they don`t even get cought. That`s what makes PvP servers kind of unfair. We need new solutions to stop them.
12/27/2014 3:50 am
WTFshady
We're talking about hacking, not custom Minecraft clients.
12/27/2014 4:01 am
VeryMadCrafter
Huzuni IS a Minecraft hack. You don`t have to cry about it instantly. Maybe I just read the title of this thread. People can have opinions. And they have to respect others` opinions too.
12/27/2014 2:39 am
CascadianX
Lizard Squad (@LizardMafia) apparently behind the scenes booted off North Korea only to turn around and attack Sony, It was a way of saying "back off NK, this is our prey."
12/27/2014 2:46 am
elfin8er
Haha, I like this.

In other news, I found a supposed interview of Lizard Squad members. It's extremely biased though. VERY biased. Like so biased I now hate that interviewer whoever he may be...
12/27/2014 2:07 am
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
The thing I don't understand is why Lizard Squad hacked into PSN if they didn't like Microsoft. Sony runs PSN right?
12/27/2014 2:17 am
elfin8er
They didn't "hack into" PSN or XBL, but that's aside the point. They attack Sony and Micro$oft to prove two points. That they could do it, and that Micro$oft and Sony need to upgrade their servers.
12/27/2014 3:15 am
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
Oh. I thought they just hated Microsoft.
12/27/2014 1:47 am
Level 1 : New Miner
SuntariaBuilds2
well tor said this
Click to reveal
This looks like a regular attempt at a Sybil attack: the attackers have signed up
many new relays in hopes of becoming a large fraction of the network.
But even though they are running thousands of new relays, their relays
currently make up less than 1% of the Tor network by capacity. We are
working now to remove these relays from the network before they become
a threat, and we don't expect any anonymity or performance effects based
on what we've seen so far.
12/27/2014 1:45 am
elfin8er
Anonymous | Twitter
Anonymous is a hacker group that pretty much focuses on those who do what they don't believe is right. Such targets have included the KKK, Ferguson Police, and the city of Cleveland Ohio. Members of Anonymous are also very loose. Anybody can claim to be Anonymous. They are one of the most well known hacking groups.

Lizard Squad | Twitter | Website
Lizard Squad is the group that has taken claim to hacking XBL and PSN. Threats had been posted on their twitter account a few days prior to their attack. Their attack ended up being a ddos attack that crippled both PSN and XBL. Thanks to Kim Dotcom, attacks were stopped on all servers sometime yesterday (the 25th). Attacks were made to prove that they could do it, and that Microsoft and Sony may need to look into upgrading their servers. Lizard Squad is now threatening Tor. Supposedly a "small" unsuccessful attack was made on the Tor network earlier, but now rumors have it that the Lizard Squad has access to more servers (possibly including some servers from Sony), and a bigger attack will be made very soon.

Tor
Tor is an anonymous way to browse the internet. The Tor Network consists of websites that can only be accessed from Tor. Lizard Squad seems to be attacking both the tor website, as well as the Tor Network. This could possibly take down tor websites (such as the hidden wiki), and also jeopardize Tor's users security and "anonobility".
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome