Hello, I am Dr Alias! New to YouTube

Dr Alias's Avatar Dr Alias7/29/15 2:42 am
7/30/2015 4:21 pm
Dr Alias's Avatar Dr Alias
Hello Everyone,

Two compatriots and myself are venturing to create a Minecraft channel. I am a 28 year old college student starting on my journey towards a degree in physics and engineering. One of my compatriots is my little brother (24, so not exactly little) and this has been a dream of ours for two years. We have finally been able to acquire the tech and software to achieve this dream. Eventually this project will blossom into a channel rife with cool science experiments, other games and possibly current news. For now, play along videos and light hearted comedic skits will be our starting point. I would definitely appreciate any advice on banner creation tools and the like. The channel is created, but it is a barren wasteland right now. The channel name is Mahd Labs. I will be taking this week to design it from top to bottom. if anyone would like to help, please feel free to let me know. My face is going to be buried in this computer screen anyway.

Dr Alias
Dr Alias
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2015 4:21 pm
Dr Alias
Dyspa, I'm going to upload 3 videos a week to start and see if I can keep up the effort. We are starting with easy tutorials and play along skits. we can film for 3 hours on one day and easily be able to have three 8-12 minute uploads. I will check out your channel here shortly though!
07/30/2015 4:17 pm
Dr Alias
Absolutely Vai. These are things I have already researched, but having someone reiterate it means I am looking in the right places. Thank you for that!

The YouTube account is barren. click on the YouTube link under my profile. You will see an empty page with just the name Mahd Labs. I am about to look up tutorials to create my banner, profile picture, and intro. Thank you everyone for the help so far! I will make sure to return the favor and help out others who may need it.
07/29/2015 9:18 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Ceir
from what i have exprecienced try making atleast 1-2 vids a week on the same day so they know when to revisit, i haven't uploaded in a week so, im going to be uploading starting monday around 3 vids a week
07/29/2015 9:00 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
Uhh well I couldn't find your channel so I don't know what to suggest but here are the basics that should be obvious but most people don't seem to get:

• No one likes it when you scream a lot.. I mean when you die or get jumpscared sure, but screaming for random stuff since you think it's "cool" will get you nowhere

• Add a lot of jump cuts, or cut a few seconds out of your video that's boring. No one wants to watch someone walk alone in silence or fill in a wall with stone for 10 minutes

• Don't respond to hate comments, AT ALL, even if you have a really good comeback

• Take the time to be original, don't copy other youtubers, and ESPECIALLY don't say "betty", "brofist", etc. that are obvious trademarks of other famous youtubers

• Avoid being generic. Don't use some downloaded intro or premade background or thumbnail, you can get a friend to make some or just google a quick tutorial on how to do it yourself

• With youtube, quality and quantity are pretty equal. If you don't upload pretty frequently then you won't gain a fanbase. On the other hand, uploading too often will result in lower quality videos which will also hurt you

• I'm sure you know what you're doing, this was really just for the community to see, but please take these into account. I left out the obvious stuff such as don't use watermarked software or a bad editor of course
    07/29/2015 7:54 pm
    Dr Alias
    Thanks Staatus! I appreciate that!
    07/29/2015 7:53 pm
    Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
    Equwal
    Feel free to ask anything, if you were to need channel art; contact me... I am almost always near some sort of internet connected device, so chances are I will respond. Best of luck to you and your brother in your endeavors!
    07/29/2015 7:52 pm
    Dr Alias
    Alrighty Matt. I will make a skype account then! I will probably need one anyway. If you would like to message me on this forum in private message, I would also like a quick rundown on how you make those types of profile pictures. I am going to have to learn how to do it someday anyway. Might as well get it done early on.
    07/29/2015 7:45 pm
    Level 27 : Expert Toast
    MattJamesA
    Like if you need a profile pic I got you like mine that I created! also you can just call me Matt btw my time zone is Eastern United States and I wont be on much longer I will be but you can send me messages through skype my wifi is not that decent on lately but it works
    07/29/2015 7:42 pm
    Dr Alias
    Sounds good MattJamesA! I will definitely contact you tonight for a quick Q and A to see if I am getting anything wrong. I definitely appreciate any help.
    07/29/2015 7:40 pm
    Dr Alias
    Thank you for that BzrkPlayingMinecraft! I am well aware of the leech-like tendencies of companies, but unfortunately that may be the best way to earn income if the channel does well. I am good with contracts and negotiations from a previous job, so I might be able to accomplish that with only a slight nose bleed.
    07/29/2015 7:05 pm
    Level 27 : Expert Toast
    MattJamesA
    If you need any help you can contact me! I Usually have nothing to do and willing to help!
    07/29/2015 7:03 pm
    Level 23 : Expert Taco
    BzrkPlayingMinecraft
    Hey! Welcome to the world of YouTube and PMC. Its a tough place but if you produce good content which is high quality, you can rise to the top of the YouTube crud. An idea might be looking into partnership with a company later on to increase viewers but I would only recommend this if you are sure of it as they sometimes have dodgy contracts.

~Mike
    07/29/2015 6:43 pm
    Dr Alias
    Thank you! it is good to be here.
    07/29/2015 1:53 pm
    Level 36 : Artisan Architect
    CodyTheLion
    Nice to meet you Dr. Alias! Welcome
    Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024