Help Me Decide My Server!

Dart737's Avatar Dart7378/28/15 4:41 am
9/16/2015 10:33 am
NASH0XX's Avatar NASH0XX
Hello, my name is Dart. I've been having troubles with deciding what kind of server I should make, help me out.
I've been owned a minecraft server for several months now, but I've been seeing fewer and fewer people on it, mostly due to school recently starting back up, I've been having this idea to have a server that works pretty uniquely. I've been wondering if I should continue with the Pixelmon server and work with it and advertise it some more in order to get it to grow larger. Or should I go with this new idea I've been having? Let me detail you further about these two servers:

Pixelmon Server- We get around 13 people max on weekends, but it plummets around weekdays, getting a max of 4 people on at a time. We've worked tons on the server, loads of details, and it has its own class system, Cities, Gyms as well as User Gyms, Amusement park, and all of the configs and what not are set into place and finished. I'm adding new things to it almost weekly, new things to do, new plugins to help keep everything fresh, and I've put a lot of effort into the server, I just don't like seeing it die a lil during the week days :\

New Server- I'm not sure how much attention the Idea would draw, but hopefully you guys can help me out with that. This server will work loads like real life, it'll be a roleplaying server, where people start out by picking a race and a class, then picking a nation, in which they'll get their own home. There will be a total of about 7 nations to choose from, all of which have their own form of government, Trade routes, Severity of punishments, Allies, Enemies, well...Anything you can imagine real life countries running on. The player helps by providing to their country either by farming for food for people in the country, becoming a soldier and fighting during times of war, Cutting down trees, building houses, any real life job you can have, for the most part, will be in the game. The goal is to keep this as close to real life as possible, without it getting too challenging or taking away from the feel or want to play minecraft.

Which server would you prefer to play on?
Dart737
Level 13 : Journeyman Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2015 10:33 am
Level 25 : Expert Architect
NASH0XX
Please, just create something new that hasn't been seen before.
09/05/2015 5:44 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
dasrafa
do the nation thingy, and dont do pixelmon, it is a waste of time:
-Alot of people arent playing it because you have to download stuff
-It isnt really easier to setup than something else...
-It really isnt very fun anymore after a while for the most people...
The Nation thingy is a really cool idea and I think it would get popular if you make it cool (and for sure custom)
09/05/2015 3:37 am
Level 1 : New Miner
mgmodern103
You can go with pokemon or maybe just make it Factions PVP
I am actually having same trouble!

-snip-
09/05/2015 1:21 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
That nation server sounds awesome! Plus, I don't like Pokémon.
09/05/2015 12:10 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
joeybuddHD
I would play everyday an
Aldnoah Zero RP Server
giant mechs vs. mechs
would be awesome an original idea

I am a small youtuber with 650 subs that plays with 5000+ youtubers
I'd really want to record about that
I can also help with building if you would like
add me on skype: actionfilms279
09/05/2015 12:42 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
CodeSheep
I have actually been working on a system with mechs for my Gundam fan-server, at the moment I have it so that players can enter a pre-defined schematic of a "Mech" machine (it's really just an invisible horse which has it's elevation raised so it looks like you are sitting in a pilot seat of a mech) and drive it around and fly it using it's machine guns, rockets bomb etc, all this is done using Skript and some homemade java plugins. Just keep trying to think outside the box of the "Usual" minecraft, but don't commit to it just because it might be easy

Back on-topic, I do like your roleplay server idea more than the Pixelmon server, I have seen too many pixelmon servers come up and the only new ones that I believe could survive and actually get a good playerbase would be the ones that are in "OfflineMode". And if you do a roleplay server concept please do not just make it one giant complete thing right off the bat, Players love to come into a new server and see it progress as they play and advance, thus, building a good a playerbase. :3
09/03/2015 3:07 pm
Dart737
Well, the RP server idea seems to be generating a lot more votes than my current pixelmon server, and since its currently averaging 5 people max on weekends, I think its best that I get started on this idea as soon as possible. It will most likely be Medieval themed since that would be the easiest to set up since mc already has everything they would've had in those times, but no guns.
Or maybe I could do a post-apocalyptic scheme...I don't know, so many ideas xD
Be sure to vote on what type of server you guys would like to play on most with this idea and I'll be sure to make it with that theme in mind
09/03/2015 10:51 am
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
I like the medieval idea the best.
09/03/2015 9:51 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
09/03/2015 9:23 am
Dart737
I'm deciding between 4 ideas:
Modern(even though you said you wouldn't like it, lots of people do.)- Guns plugin and all.
Medieval-More fitting for minecraft's style and easier to do
Nation Fitting-This would allow people who prefer a medieval feel to join a medieval themed nation, but they'd have a harder time fighting and would slowly build up at their own pace.
Starting from close to scratch- Basically providing a theme for the buildings, but having them start out rather meek and have players build the cities. This would provide a huge sense of community and allow players who are builders, to build, and players who are miners to mine, ect ect. But, it would be harder to govern and disallow any sort of griefing incident
09/02/2015 3:25 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
dasrafa
I really like this idea and would defenitely play on it! If you get a nice servername and an attractive banner, lots of people will join and hopefully also stay.
combining those 2 you could make this formula:
N + P = C (N= New, P= Pixelmon, C= Chaos) (lel, NPC xD, if you know Minecraft)
Just do N, it is a good idea! Also, are you doing Prehistoric, Greek, Roman, Medieval, modern, future, fantasy, underground, island, floating or whatevs style are you doing just wanna know
Hoping it is not modern , but fine with it though as long as it is fun
also, if you need help, Im ready to help with it! For one time not a standard thingy like always xD
09/02/2015 2:26 pm
Dart737
Ok cool. But my only issue is that I could only really run one server or the other. Meaning I'm gonna have to shut down the pixelmon server in order to start up on the other one. Its gonna be a shame to get rid of all that work xD maybe I can try to work with it some how
09/02/2015 1:38 pm
EmeraldEclipse
Well, I wish I could promise to get on to your server ( If you start it, that is) but I can't for certain reasons.
However, your idea sounds great, and I would definitely help you in any way I can.
09/02/2015 1:17 pm
Dart737
@Emerald Eclipse: I have the skills to pull off something like that, It'd take some tinkering, but it'd be a ton of work. Work that I'm willing to do, but I'm trying to see if there'd be any fanbase or want for it in the first place.
@KombatCloudKitPvp no downloads would have to be inplace, it'd all be based off of plugins.
@HeyItsPaul I agree completely xD those are usually unoriginal servers, something you just kinda slap together and hope it gets popular.
@jd_mc_23 I barely know what you're saying and I think I can handle this on my own without a partner, but thanks for the offer?
09/02/2015 1:02 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
jd_mc_23
hey bro I have an idea Make a real life server like plugins like guns and stuff to make it modern Ik a server you can partner with contact on skype my skype is jd_mc_23ok just reply on skype when you can
09/02/2015 12:43 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
HeyJustHaroon
- Factions (over done)
- OP Factions
- Skyblock
- OP Prison (Popular)
- Non-OP Prison
- Survival (Grief Prevention)
- Hard-Core Survival
- Hungergames (Pretty hard to do successfully)
- Minigames Network (Very hard, trust me. :p)
- Join a Network of other people with servers and make a network together.

You might have just listed all the Don'ts except for hardcore I don't see that often.
And Minigames Network, well, if it's original, yea I'd like it. Something like what that one server did with an actual Gameboy emulator in-game vanilla.
09/02/2015 12:32 pm
ISpankElmo_Zooms
The key is to make something unique. But regular minecraft. I suggest something that anyone can play without downloading anything.
09/02/2015 12:18 pm
EmeraldEclipse
I would play on your idea server ( if I could still play on public servers) but do you know for sure you can pull of something that elaborate? If you know you can, then what are you waiting for?
09/02/2015 12:13 pm
Dart737
Bump because I really need actual help on this, not people plugging their own things on someone else's thread
08/28/2015 5:47 am
Dart737
Well, I'm glad someone likes it so far :3
I've been thinking of combining the two, but I'm not entirely sure it would go over well, especially since war is a big part of the nations, but pvp shouldn't ever be put onto a pixelmon server, it'd get to hectic.
08/28/2015 5:39 am
Level 49 : Master Magical Girl
Prinxen
I love the second idea! It sounds like SAO, in Alfheim online! I would play on this even if it was pixelmon though.
08/28/2015 5:36 am
Dart737
I've never really enjoyed doing any kind of all round servers or generic servers for that matter. If I make a server, its going to be pretty unique in some way. All around servers, while they have something for everyone, they tend not to really be great on one aspect. I'd rather be a perfect jack of one trade than a not so good jack of all, is what I mean.

As for the second suggestion, I'm not really going with any of those types of servers, I'd prefer doing my own things.

Please read my post before straight forward answering, cause neither of the replies have to do with what I'm asking.
08/28/2015 5:15 am
HeyJustHaroon
I'm thinking a new server. :3 But make sure you market / advertise it well. It's the key to doing so, I'm going to make a website on how you can make your minecraft server popular! :3

Maybe;

- Factions (over done)
- OP Factions
- Skyblock
- OP Prison (Popular)
- Non-OP Prison
- Survival (Grief Prevention)
- Hard-Core Survival
- Hungergames (Pretty hard to do successfully)
- Minigames Network (Very hard, trust me. :p)
- Join a Network of other people with servers and make a network together.
08/28/2015 4:54 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
I have an all-around server and it is doing well. It is vanilla and self-hosted and that is no problem. So an all-around server would be good as there is something for mostly everyone.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome