HELP! How can I remove certain blocks included in a mod?

Bright_Steel's Avatar Bright_Steel12/17/14 11:35 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 5
12/18/2014 5:36 am
hairisdare's Avatar hairisdare
I recently downloaded a mod and I don't want all of the blocks included with it. I tried to delete certain blocks in the mod's content folder, but now my minecraft launcher crashes and won't load. The mod is called Harry Potter Universe Mod, download link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... -1-7-10-v1

Could someone either remove the blocks for me or show me how? The blocks/items I want removed are the wands, spells, and brooms. Please help.
Bright_Steel
Level 33 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/18/2014 5:36 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
hairisdare
You can not simply remove blocks form a mod, you would have to get the jar to a folder. Next u would need permission from the moder to do this because most of the time they say: "Do not modify without permission!"
12/18/2014 12:34 am
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
Why do you even have to get rid of the blocks cant you just ignore them
12/18/2014 12:38 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Goblin
-TheGrimCreeper-
^
12/17/2014 11:52 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
You delete blocks in content folder, crashes game, the mod will still try to find the code you deleted, as they are used somewhere else in the mod, unless you re-write the coding of the mod, you wont be able to remove the stuff you want, when you create a block, you do some importing and exporting, and if its a complicated mod that the one you are using, then you just cant do that, the code is probably found throughout the mod for those items, remove their classes, you have errors, those errors, cause the game to crash, you kind of made a stupid move deleting those files. - Source, I mod, I know.
12/17/2014 11:47 pm
Level 48 : Master Ninja
Samstrongman
One can not simply remove blocks/items within a mod. If a config file was setup with the mod to disable certain blocks, it's possible. Sadly though, you can't do it with this mod. If you really really want to change this mod, you'd have to rewrite the code and remove the stuff you don't want.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome