HELP! Serious world problem

Ultramike7's Avatar Ultramike79/26/16 2:54 pm
9/27/2016 4:01 pm
LukeSky5000's Avatar LukeSky5000
Hey guys, So lately starting about 2-3 months ago a very strange and serious problem has been happening to mine and my friends worlds. The world has been moving chunks around all over the worlds. It first happened on the world I took pictures of in the link below: http://imgur.com/a/dQjHx

I've been scared to log into the worlds we've been building for months/years in fear of it happening to it aswell, the map in the link above is one of said maps, we've dumped tons and tons of man hours into building it for an adventure map we've been working on. Now it's all going to waste as every time we log on the world more is moved. So please if anyone knows how to fix this problem please help us, it really sucks not being able to enjoy the game in fear of your worlds being ruined. Thanks in advance!

Oh and I almost forgot, it started happening to our survival world now as well which we also had 200+ hours into.
Ultramike7
Level 32 : Artisan Caveman

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/27/2016 4:01 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
LukeSky5000
Did you play on this world using multiple minecraft versions? In some updates when the world generation is changed it can lead to chunk errors.

Anyways.... Google Minecraft Chunk Error
09/27/2016 2:04 pm
Ultramike7
Both worlds in said post are fairly new, one before the current patch and one after. As for using mcedit got it to work a little bit but can't press repair world, it's not lit up.
09/26/2016 5:58 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Shadow_1313
there is another thing that can cause this.
if you delete a world and create a new one with the same name as the deleted one stuff like this can happen. it was a known bug in older versions, don't know if it's fixed by now.
you can play for months untill you reach a chunk with the same coordinates as the ones of the old deleted world, if there are still traces of the old world somewhere in your file weird things happen, try renaming your world to something else you didn't use before.
09/26/2016 4:31 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I only know two causes of this happending (Because I've tested these two methods)

1) Vikhedgehog actually says it: "Minecraft 1.10 isn't designed to handle worlds created in Alpha/Beta". If you don't know: Minecraft has been using three different world generators. If you converted a world from Alpha to 1.10 the chunks and biomes will mess up. Antvenom actually made a video on this: He can explain it to you (Video)

Unless you kept an old copy of your world you can't really fix it. Otherwise convert the old world in the following order Alpha > Beta > Release > 1.10/1.11

2) The server you run the world on has run out of memory. Basicly when your server / pc from where you run the world runs out of space the chunks can't be loaded correctly, and stuff like what happends to you, keep repeating and happending again.

To fix this simply make some space for the server / world. If you're running the server via. a home server and there is no more space: Delete some old chat/command log files or that stuff from the server, or buy a new server with more GB's on it.

If none of this is the case. I'm sorry, I can only wish you good luck :p
09/26/2016 4:12 pm
Level 1 : New Architect
Vikhedgehog
How old is your map? I don't think that minecraft 1.10 is designed to properly handle worlds created in alpha/beta, since the save file format and generator have been changed several times.

Listen to the guys above, create a new world and copy everything over before the old map gets completely messed up. If MCedit doesn't work for you, you can try to get the spigot server and install Multiverse-Core and WorldEdit plugins, then just tp between worlds and move your stuff.
09/26/2016 3:50 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
My guess is world corruption. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because if that is the case there isn't much of a fix...
09/26/2016 3:37 pm
Level 1 : New Network
AgentSwampy
As for the freezing problem, I'm not sure, but there should be a solution to that if you Google it.
09/26/2016 3:36 pm
Level 1 : New Network
AgentSwampy
Download And Open McEdit
Do Ctrl+L
Click Fix Regions

(Not positive it will work, make sure to copy and backup your current world before trying this).

Good luck.
09/26/2016 3:25 pm
Ultramike7
I've tried using mcedit, all it does it freeze up and doesn't let me press any of the buttons. I use windows 7 if that helps.
09/26/2016 3:10 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
_OmniaArchitecture
Sorry man i can't help you with that but if you have the world seed you can try to go on MC edit and copy your builds to that new world with the same exact seed.

Or maybe it's just because you logged in a more recent version and there are new biomes being added

That's all i could think of.

Also make a copy of your bugged world just in case something happens.

I hope this helps you!
-sonicplasma
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome