HELP! SourceApp Adware removed but other problems?

Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage2/25/15 3:34 pm
3/3/2015 4:20 pm
Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage
So I removed ALL files from SourceApp which is known as adware with REVO uninstaller which removed ALL but all files that were infected with it but now I dont have it any more on my laptop but whats not right is that my internet isnt working right? It says connected but I cant go on any websites as it says like there is no internet? Now I need some tech guy who knows around computers and win system and maybe tell me what I removed and how to restore it other than system restore as I dont want source app again on my laptop. Oh and for those wondering, I have 2 laptops but one is weak and old and another one, well infected one is the one I removed something that makes my internet not work! Well anyways thanks for any help if someone knows how to fix it!
Neptune_Sage
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/03/2015 4:20 pm
Neptune_Sage
I removed that damn adware finally! Thank you all for helping!
02/27/2015 2:53 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut12
Ok time to get more serious then. Stick to this guide and you won't worry about messing up anything.

1. Download and install 3DP Net (this will ensure you can use an integrated ethernet driver also does include official WiFi drivers in most cases) just in case your Internet access fails to work. It also supports off-line installation which means you don't have to download a driver off the Internet.

2. Download UVK then select "System Repair" and have it force close all open non-system programs. Then select MalwareBytes and Super AntiSpyware from the list. Then put a checkmark beside the boxes "Run third party full scans" and "Use unattended mode" and click "Run selected fixes". If all is good you will be able to find and remove all traces of SourceApp.

3. If your Internet fails to connect after removing SourceApp, open the "Run" dialog box by pressing Windows + R then type "devmgmt.msc" and it will open Device Manager. Go to "Network adapters" and right click "Uninstall" and then confirm the uninstallation. Restart to make sure those drivers are completely unusable by Windows.

4. Go back to Device Manager and find your network adapters, right click it and select "Update Driver Software". You will get a new dialog box and you want to click "Browse my computer for driver software". Select the driver location by clicking on "Browse...", and select C:\3DP\ and then click next. Windows will find the drivers suitable for your choice network adapter. This works for both ethernet and WiFi.

If the above fails in normal mode, go back through this in Safe Mode. To access Safe Mode press F8 before you see the Windows logo/"Starting Windows".
02/27/2015 10:01 pm
Neptune_Sage
Lets hope this work, will post later when I can and have time to try this out!
02/27/2015 10:38 am
Level 36 : Artisan Ranger
madmax3004
Well like the others said, check your extensions for SourceApp or anything out of ordinary, then remove/uninstall that extension.
And I do recommend resetting your browser.
02/27/2015 2:14 pm
Neptune_Sage
Look I apereciate you trying to help me but simple things, as mentioned before wont help, re-insatelled browser, removed all extensions other than add block (which doesnt stop this god of adwares) so if you dont have any concrete help please do no reply. But again thanks for trying to help but simple things are just no can do.
02/27/2015 2:37 pm
Level 41 : Master Blob
Navbarry
Have you looked at your firewall? They constantly block browsers!
02/27/2015 9:58 am
Neptune_Sage
Any one help, pls?
02/27/2015 5:12 am
Neptune_Sage
jjcyalater
Golden_Paw
Here is photo where it all goes in files:

http://imgur.com/TiVW1Hw,xOEV8oG,sQKJJFe

^^^ Whats this program?

Revo un-installer.
02/27/2015 5:10 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
Golden_Paw

^^^ Whats this program?
02/27/2015 4:53 am
Neptune_Sage
I cant remove it, it is running all time, when I stop proccess it runs instantly runs back on, anti virus isnt detecting it and folder is in use all time when I try to delete it.

02/26/2015 6:42 pm
Navbarry
I swear, a probable cause is firewalls.
02/26/2015 4:52 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Barkitect
hey well you should download iobit malware fighter
02/26/2015 4:31 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Bbaronx
FCCAGut12 has a good point. also wouldn't hurt to go to chrome://extensions/ and check and see if there is an extension that its running in your browser.
02/26/2015 4:21 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
kristinnvikar
have you tried malwarebytes it removes most viruses
02/26/2015 4:05 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
NavbarryDo you have an antivrus, like norton?

If you have Norton, uninstall it and download a new antivirus, like Avast or AVG.
02/26/2015 2:41 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut12
Is this ethernet or WiFi?

Remove SourceApp again and press Windows key + R to open the "Run" dialog box and type "devmgmt.exe" then press enter. This will show you device manager, check for triangles with exclamation marks, a yellow question mark, or a red x on the hardware adapter and if you don't see any, check under "Network adapters" and look for the symbols above under the list. This will tell us what's actually going on here.
02/26/2015 2:32 pm
Navbarry
Do you have an antivrus, like norton? If so, go to your program(Name might be different) rules in the firewall section, and set whatever internet browser you use(Internetexplorer, chrome, etc.) and set it to allow, not auto or deny.

Please note: If you can't figure out how to do it, google "Adding program exceptions with (Whatever program you use.)
02/26/2015 1:14 pm
madmax3004
Try resetting your browser
02/26/2015 2:13 pm
Neptune_Sage
Thank you but simple things wont help this kind of thing. :/
02/26/2015 2:28 pm
madmax3004
From what I understand about it is that the adware shows ads and all of that by hovering over links or underlined hyperlinks (which it makes by itself), shouldn't simply resetting the browser or reinstalling the browser fix it then? If you can still use skype and all of that, but not your browser, I'd say it's browser related and not something with your network drivers.
02/26/2015 12:29 pm
madmax3004
Well have you tried doing a virus scan, if it is a virus?

if it is a missing internet driver, you might need to re-install the old one somehow, or re-enable it. I haven't had a problem like this before, so I'm afraid I don't exactly know what to do.
02/26/2015 12:58 pm
Neptune_Sage
Yes I did virus scan and didnt find anything but just google what "SourceApp" is and you will see what I am talking about, any no not any guides helped me to un-install it. And i found where it goes with Revo Un-installer and it seems it goes deep in every file in system, even in system32 thing or how it is called. :/ And when I removed it my internet goes puf and still "works" but doesnt load any thing nor will connect to anything.
02/26/2015 3:15 am
Neptune_Sage
Okey its back again! Jesus, is this some kind of un-removable adware? Any one had this thing before? :S
02/25/2015 6:02 pm
Neptune_Sage
Guys thanks for help, I somehow (?) fixed it while its still running (cant delete it again) I somehow managed it to now use my google chroome so its all good now!
02/25/2015 4:48 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
I like system restore. It's a lovely thing.
How will system restoring bring the virus back? Unless you made the discs AFTER you got the virus, but don't they JUST restore windows? Hmm... Try contacting the manufacturer for some un-virused restore discs. (Speaking of those, I need to make some).
02/25/2015 4:18 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Princess
Eth_
This might have happened to me, you may have installed the internet driver.
Are you using wireless connection? *If Yes Thats probably that*

But did you uninstall like a pacmanish icon ?
02/25/2015 3:44 pm
madmax3004
So you removed a program called SourceApp and now your internet isn't working right?

this might sound stupid, but have you tried turning it off and on again or doing a restart?
02/25/2015 4:12 pm
Neptune_Sage
Yes I did, I even made it so windows try to detect problems but nothing, if I do system restore the adware will be back and internet will be working and thats not what I want, I removed it and want it to stay that way and well make my internet work! :/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome