Help me with an CPU

MrARCO's Avatar MrARCO4/16/14 5:33 am
1 emeralds 168 3
4/16/2014 9:35 am
iMurder's Avatar iMurder
Hello!

We are currently building a new dedicated Minecraft server, and we have the following hardware:

- A55BM-K ASUS Mobo with FM2+ socket
- 8GB RAM DDR3
- 50 mbit up and down
- AMD A4-5300 APU ( so no GPU )
- An regular HDD

Dont get me wrong, i have a lot of knowledge when it comes to general PC hardware, but the server hosting part is a whole different section for me.

We opened yesterday, and when the server hit 15 players, the CPU hit 100% usage already. No doubt about it, we need a faster CPU for the processing power of the console.

We are thinking about the AMD A8-5600K APU, or an A10. Will this CPU handle 50/60 players with our recent hardware without any lag? Or if you have any other suggestions about an FM2 CPU/APU that would be great!

Our budget is 120 Euro's for the CPU/APU.

Thank you for reading!

M.
MrARCO
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect