Help With Texture Pack

TOG89's Avatar TOG898/4/15 9:16 pm
1 emeralds 121 1
8/4/2015 10:16 pm
Skitto493's Avatar Skitto493
So, I am making my first texture pack. It is going really well and it was smooth sailing until I hit the entity folder. The pack will be 512x512(i think thats the correct number) and is realistic. Im am using real pictures for the grass, dirt, etc.. Now, back to what I was saying, Im wanting to use real animals for the animals and such(besides the ones that arent real) but theres my trouble. I am using Photoshop 11 to do this texture pack. How do I go about changing the skin on the animals to a real animal skin texture? I do not know the dimensions of each animal. Is there a way to take the picture of the animal and overlay the animal skin on top of it? I am nowhere near done, but I find its a fun project. challenging.

Also, I need help figuring out how to change the lava and water texture on the surface to be more realistic. I know, the most realistic I can get is using shaders, but is there a way to make the water seem very realistic on the top and easy to see through?

If you want to message me with more info about making texture packs, you can message me on here or my gmail: throneofguitarsofficial@gmail.com

I am thinking about having a few "passes" on this pack, meaning, give it to a few people to tell me what to fix etc. before i release it to the public. So, if you want to be apart of it,when its done of course, message me and I'll give you my skype. With this I plan on making the best one I will do. It will meet my standards of realism, so, if you are apart of the trial, and you want something changed or else, I will change the appropriate image you want. You can send me a few pictures you want in, and Ill put it in, so you have your own version of the pack. Im just doing this as a hobby, may make some more of different types, so, we will see.

Thanks in advance!
TOG89
Level 1 : New Miner