Hidden texture blocks?

brjediMC's Avatar brjediMC5/17/16 6:35 pm
1 emeralds 784 8
5/27/2016 4:32 pm
brjediMC's Avatar brjediMC
Hello! Currently I am working on my server. I want to have a texture pack with an awesome spawn. I want to have this texture pack not affect the survival world. Is there a way that I can either:

1 - Re-texture blocks, but the textures only show up at spawn, not in the normal world?

-or-

2 - Re-Texture blocks that only I can get to like hidden blocks?

If you have any suggestions, please post them.

Thank You!
brjediMC
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/19/2016 9:59 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Well you could use two different servers, one HUB and the survival server. That way you can configure the servers individually but you only have to connect to one of them. But that's really hard if you don't know what you're doing
05/18/2016 8:06 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Artist
xXchrispXx
Well showing the textures only in a certain area is impossible to my knowledge but changing resource packs on getting to another area should be possible. So when you for example teleport to another area, another resourcepack will be downloaded.
05/19/2016 9:53 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Grump
Vexilius
I believe there is a plugin that automatically downloads and loads another resourcepack upon teleporting to another world. The downside is that everytime people are to teleport to this world, they get prompted with a message that asks if they wish to download the server resourcepack, which will then proceed to load.

Personally, I'd stick with uncommon/ugly building blocks that people are the least likely to use. The newly added purpur blocks are ideal for this because they're as ugly as my last girlfriend. There are also some unused doubleslabs, such as a second oak steps one, and a sandstone one.

Any particular reason as to why you need a resourcepack solely for your spawn?
IMO, this is all very convoluted and a massive waste.
05/26/2016 6:27 pm
brjediMC
'

I am making letters. http://imgur.com/Bx7zAeG Do you know the plugin name?
05/27/2016 4:32 pm
brjediMC
I found the plugin! Thanks for your help!
05/18/2016 7:01 pm
brjediMC
I think what I'll do is search for a plugin that only makes the server texture pack show up in a certain area. I think the OptiFine way would be way too difficult and frustrating for the players to set up. Thanks for your suggestions!
05/18/2016 2:08 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Grump
Vexilius
There are only a handful of unobtainable blocks you can use. Other than that, there is also the option of using optifine to make certain textures either height or biome specific. However, that would mean anyone without optifine/mcpatcher wouldn't be able to see it.

Unless you're specifically catering to a niche audience, I wouldn't recommend doing this.
05/17/2016 7:40 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
i dont know if theres an area or anything that allows you to do this or not but if its only 5 blocks you could retexture structure blocks and cmd blocks and ye... or use blocks that are already in the game? i suggest using already ingame blocks so that people who dont want to download the resourcepack wont have to k... also idk how people do that anyway lol
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome