Recruiting an EXPLORER to find ores on our Survival Map.

PitchBright's Avatar PitchBright5/2/13 3:58 am
10/10/2014 6:04 pm
PitchBright's Avatar PitchBright
Everybody loves to run around and discover unexplored territory and new frontiers… but…

DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION WITHOUT READING EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THIS APPLICATION

We are recruiting ONE Explorer to join our team and scour our map for minerals and ores. Explorers are known as "Surveyors" on our team. Surveyors are responsible for exploring the land, mapping and charting deposits, making accurate measurements, and managing the dye, wool, string and marker system in the Surveyors Office.

We are taking application for the Surveyor position, and qualified candidates will be given a one week tryout to make the team. Only the most qualified tryout will receive the job.

If you wish to apply for this position, you MUST meet the following requirements:

1) You are mature, dedicated, and reliable. That means you take your job on our team seriously, and you are a courteous and respectful teammate. It means you will participate on a daily basis. That means we can rely on you to do your job, to follow the server rules, and to manage your workflow.

2) You will need a GOOD computer and GOOD internet. Don't waste our time applying for this position on our surival megabuild team playing, on a highly modded server, if your computer or internet can't handle it. If you can't play with a Render Distance on "Far" and "High Detail" and maintain 30FPS… seriously, don't waste our time.

3) You need to be good at, and have an interest in Math. There's no way around this, you will be doing distance calculations from various landmarks, ore deposits and sites of interest on the map. We need people that can add, subtract, multiply and divide.

4) You need to be good at, and have an interest in Geography. You must be able to identify potential mineral and ore deposits (including Metallurgy 2) based on geographical location.

5) You need to have an interest in Geology. You will be responsible for locating hard-to-find resources. You need to know where to look for various minerals and ores based on their real-world occurances. There will be some homework involved in this because we will provide you with a general guide as to what biomes and what elevations you can expect to find the various kinds of ores, minerals and rock types.

6) You need to have free time on your hands. Don't apply for this position if you're busy running a server, or trying to be a YouTube rockstar for some other Minecraft channel, you won't have time for this job.

7) You should be familiar with cart and track mechanics (including Railcraft) as you will be surveying and proposing possible track and train routes to remote locations, with logical and strategic mind towards resource conservation.

8) You need to be able to follow instructions, whether you like them or not, and the rules, whether you like them or not. There will be a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on any potential Surveyor that does not respect the protocols for their position or the rules of the server. We DO NOT WANT a Surveyor running around wherever and whenver he feels like it, generating a bunch of new map. We need to keep our world size reasonable and our land generation to a minimum, because we wish to add new ores and minerals to the server in future MC updates. Every chunk of land that is generated in our world, is a chunk we cannot add new minerals and ore types to.

9) You need to be organized. You will be managing resources from your office, as well as charting maps and recording points of interest and potential mining operation sites.

10) You need to be on Skype and have use of a Mic.

11) You will need to watch instructional YouTube videos and fully comprehend and understand what you are watching. Some of these videos will be tutorials.

12) You will need to be a patient person. I am personally grooming a select short-list of possible candidates for a shot at this, the most interesting position on this server and our team. I am a very, very busy person engineering a record-setting megabuild, and managing a 30-man survival team, skype communications, the server, the virtual server, the youtube channel, advertising, applicants and tryouts for other positions on our team… on top of my professional and personal life. I do not want to be hounded, and I do not want to be ignored… so be patient when I don't respond, and respond promptly when I do contact you. Failure to do so will result in automatic disqualification from the position.

I will not make it EASY for ANYBODY to get this position, as it is one role on the team I have reserved, due to the amount of trust I would have to instill in the person performing these duties.

If you wish to apply for the Surveyor's position… make sure you have read and completely understand and meet every single expectation and requirement, and then fill out this form, and check your Skype frequently for my reply.

Learn about the team here:

APPLICATION FORM:

IGN:
Time Zone:
Time of day you can work:
Amount of work you can do per day:
PitchBright
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer