GameGlass holographic headset

zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0's Avatar zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ03/24/15 5:39 pm
1 emeralds 24.8k 858
6/28/2015 1:33 pm
Chron's Avatar Chron
Guys, due to the flaming and disagreements, Chron asked me to finish up the forums before this gets locked and flaming gets worse.

Remember these links!

http://www.gameglass.gq

http://www.gameglass.esy.es

http://gameglass.esy.es/wiki/Main_Page

And soon we will have http://www.gameglassdev.gq

I will still be active on PMC and working with others on the device, so you can still message me about it. Only this thread is closing and will no longer be updated.

BETA UI v0.8:
Click here to download. You NEED Python 3 and Java is required later to run this. IF RUNNING ON WINDOWS, EXTRACT DIRECTLY TO C:\ WITHOUT CREATING ADDITIONAL FOLDERS. FOR THE PI DO THE SAME BUT ON THE DESKTOP.

THE PROTOTYPE PICTURES:

VVVSet this as your forum signature to help support GameGlass!VVV

I made a holographic AR headset (like the oculus, but you can see the environment around you) concept, called the GameGlass (thanks to BlubBlubWhat for the name). It would play PC games via NVidia's gamestream technology, the same used for the Shield and would run some kinda Linux distro. It works based on 'Pepper's Ghost', an old theatrical way of making ghosts appear onstage. I made a design in Google Sketchup, please tell me what you think and ask questions/criticize, but please be constructive. I really do need feedback and constructive criticism!
Now partnered with FCCAGut12's Places Network! Top secret plans for that, and I think you retro gamers will like it
If you think your own design is better, I'd love to see it! NEW IMAGES POSTED!
Click to reveal

Pepper's ghost diagram:

Some BEEYOUtiful artwork!
(cheesyrice)

DEVS AND HELPERS:
mcrocks999 - Developer, video and support
Vextek - Websites, graphics
mjcrafter100 - Developer
amazoDog161 - Video graphics
_coolness_ - Renders

JOBS WE NEED PEOPLE TO DO:
DEVELOPERS NEEDED!!!
3D and other designers
Donators (link is on the site)
App developers (look at forums)

UPDATES:
Click to reveal
Some prototype images:

Even moar images!

Even more in the first spoiler tag!
2: Prototype has started. 12v to 5v power regulator built. Screen and visor bought, waiting arrival.
Posted by zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0's Avatar
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Level 21 : Expert Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/28/2015 1:33 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Yeah, self-moderation of threads is an awful idea, sorry. Well, now that the links have been posted and everyone's informed and cleared up, going to go ahead and lock this thread.

As I said before, good luck with your project.

/lock
06/28/2015 11:59 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/28/2015 11:43 am
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
amazoDog161
thenubslayer2000Guys, due to the flaming and disagreements, Chron asked me to finish up the forums before this gets locked and flaming gets worse.

Remember these links!

http://www.gameglass.gq

http://www.gameglass.esy.es

And soon we will have http://www.gameglassdev.gq

I will still be active on PMC and working with others on the device, so you can still message me about it. Only this thread is closing.

Well, can you still post simple progress updates here? If the flaming stops, that is. I just dont want to leave over 800 posts and 72 pages just lying around :3

Chron did warn us all earlier but it did continue.
06/28/2015 11:39 am
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
inb4 lock also
the dev site is up

http://gameglassdev.esy.es if you want to use it :3

*please nubslayer register so I can set you as admin so you can set the boards*
06/28/2015 11:38 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/28/2015 11:33 am
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Guys, due to the flaming and disagreements, Chron asked me to finish up the forums before this gets locked and flaming gets worse.

Remember these links!

www.gameglass.gq

www.gameglass.esy.es

And soon we will have www.gameglassdev.gq

I will still be active on PMC and working with others on the device, so you can still message me about it. Only this thread is closing.
06/28/2015 10:52 am
mcrocks999
Another forum ej?
http://gameglassdev.esy.es/
>:)

*Still setting up; I'll give you full perms to setup w/e boards you want

EDIT: While you wait:
[yt]8PUwjGmPY4g[/yt]
06/28/2015 6:16 am
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
I will set up a website for developers soon, and invite devs from PMC and other aspiring creators to join!
06/28/2015 6:33 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/28/2015 6:51 am
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
That's more for end user discussion. I wanted someplace to share resources, discuss software and hardware and communicate with devs.
06/28/2015 6:05 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/28/2015 3:21 am
mcrocks999
-snip-
06/28/2015 4:57 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/28/2015 5:21 am
mcrocks999
-snip-
06/27/2015 9:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
TipsyTiger
JohnanaterAlso TispyTiger, You've lost all of my respect. You will never start a company/product in your life.

I don't particularly want your respect in the first place, particularly if it is the kind that endorses bad practices.

But by all means, continue trying to start an argument, kiddo.
06/27/2015 9:26 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cookie
oh_wow333
cool beans!
06/27/2015 8:48 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
-snip-
06/27/2015 4:29 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
After some debate between the moderators, we have decided that we do not want our site to host discussion of potentially illegal practices, such as ROMs, and thus any further mention of ROMs will cause this thread to become locked.

Also, don't try and debate me on the legality of ROMs, as our decision is final.
06/28/2015 5:00 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/27/2015 3:13 pm
mcrocks999
Whoo! Unbanned from 3rd ban in a row.
I don't get my way of getting constant bans.
06/27/2015 9:05 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut12
Anyone have any questions while I'm here?
06/27/2015 8:50 am
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger
ROMs are not legal, regardless of whether you own the original game or not. The fact you store it in the RAM does not blindside that, nor the fact that you are using a network.

ROMs in your view are. A lot of ROMs are no longer copyrighted and therefore are public domain. You also got CD-ROM, are those illegal? It's just Read Only Memory. ROMs aren't ALL illegal, using some of these would be but many of them are public domain.

I am aware of what ROM stands for, thank you.

Public domain ROMs are, by nature, public domain. If those are the only ROMs used, that is an entirely different discussion altogether.

So were on the same page now. Tipsy isn't so tipsy anymore.
06/27/2015 8:48 am
TipsyTiger
FCCAGut12ROMs aren't all bad as Nintendo wants you to believe.

This isn't, and never was, an ethics discussion.
06/27/2015 8:46 am
TipsyTiger
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger
ROMs are not legal, regardless of whether you own the original game or not. The fact you store it in the RAM does not blindside that, nor the fact that you are using a network.

ROMs in your view are. A lot of ROMs are no longer copyrighted and therefore are public domain. You also got CD-ROM, are those illegal? It's just Read Only Memory. ROMs aren't ALL illegal, using some of these would be but many of them are public domain.

I am aware of what ROM stands for, thank you.

Public domain ROMs are, by nature, public domain. If those are the only ROMs used, that is an entirely different discussion altogether.
06/27/2015 8:40 am
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger

ROMs in your view are. A lot of ROMs are no longer copyrighted and therefore are public domain. You also got CD-ROM, are those illegal? It's just Read Only Memory. ROMs aren't ALL illegal, using some of these would be but many of them are public domain. I could make a game on a C64 emulator and make my own ROM, it would be copyrighted but I'd probably just put it in the public domain because I can and anyone would be free to use it. ROMs aren't all bad as Nintendo wants you to believe.
06/27/2015 8:35 am
TipsyTiger
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger
FCCAGut12No one likes the newer games. But I digress.

Anyways we can all agree Tipsy will never make a product in their lives. Too goody goody and afraid to make anyone mad.

It's not about emotions, it's about making a legal product. Grow up and represent your illegal product properly.

No one likes the newer games. But I digress.

ROMs are authentic copies of the original games. They aren't ported they are 100% original. I should know because I have a device that does that. What's the illegal product, I'm making a network which stores data and GameGlass connects to it. That's like saying the Internet and computers are illegal.

06/27/2015 8:33 am
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger
FCCAGut12No one likes the newer games. But I digress.

Anyways we can all agree Tipsy will never make a product in their lives. Too goody goody and afraid to make anyone mad.

It's not about emotions, it's about making a legal product. Grow up and represent your illegal product properly.

ROMs are authentic copies of the original games. They aren't ported they are 100% original. I should know because I have a device that does that. What's the illegal product? I'm making a network which stores data and GameGlass connects to it. That's like saying the Internet and computers are illegal.
06/27/2015 8:28 am
FCCAGut12
No one likes the newer games. But I digress.

06/27/2015 8:31 am
TipsyTiger

Seeking legal counsel is part of making a product in the first place. Simply ask Hyperkin all about it with their emulator debacle.
06/27/2015 8:20 am
TipsyTiger
thenubslayer2000
FCCAGut12
CheesyRice
Don't you need to get permission from the people who made those games to use them?

I claim fair use. Non-commercial educational purpose of how the system works. It's general stuff you can do with it. There are a few games that I can use without permission freely, Action52 being 2 of them and a lot of the Commodore games.

This is also a school project, so this falls under educational fair use for UK law.

TipsyTigerThat doesn't make downloading it legal. You are still, temporarily, using a ROM. Which is not okay.

How much money do Nintendo make on old games which are not produced or sold?

That is irrelevant.

What Does Nintendo Think of the Argument that Emulators are Actually Good for Nintendo Because it Promotes the Nintendo Brand to PC Users and Leads to More Sales?

Distribution of an emulator developed to play illegally copied Nintendo software hurts Nintendo's goodwill, the millions of dollars invested in research & development and marketing by Nintendo and its licensees. Substantial damages are caused to Nintendo and its licensees. It is irrelevant whether or not someone profits from the distribution of an emulator. The emulator promotes the play of illegal ROMs , NOT authentic games. Thus, not only does it not lead to more sales, it has the opposite effect and purpose.

People Making Nintendo Emulators and Nintendo ROMs are Helping Publishers by Making Old Games Available that are No Longer Being Sold by the Copyright Owner. This Does Not Hurt Anyone and Allows Gamers to Play Old Favorites. What's the Problem?

The problem is that it's illegal. Copyrights and trademarks of games are corporate assets. If these vintage titles are available far and wide, it undermines the value of this intellectual property and adversely affects the right owner. In addition, the assumption that the games involved are vintage or nostalgia games is incorrect. Nintendo is famous for bringing back to life its popular characters for its newer systems, for example, Mario and Donkey Kong have enjoyed their adventures on all Nintendo platforms, going from coin-op machines to our latest hardware platforms. As a copyright owner, and creator of such famous characters, only Nintendo has the right to benefit from such valuable assets.

It being a school project does not protect you from copyright infringement.
Source: https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#emulator
06/27/2015 8:18 am
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
FCCAGut12
CheesyRice
Don't you need to get permission from the people who made those games to use them?

I claim fair use. Non-commercial educational purpose of how the system works. It's general stuff you can do with it. There are a few games that I can use without permission freely, Action52 being 2 of them and a lot of the Commodore games.

This is also a school project, so this falls under educational fair use for UK law.

TipsyTigerThat doesn't make downloading it legal. You are still, temporarily, using a ROM. Which is not okay.

How much money do Nintendo make on old games which are not produced or sold?
06/27/2015 8:16 am
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger
That doesn't make downloading it legal. You are still, temporarily, using a ROM. Which is not okay.

And the world stops turning. If we always told ourselves that nothing would get done.
06/27/2015 8:10 am
TipsyTiger
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger
thenubslayer2000
Here's the plan:
We're only doing ROMS which are from discontinued consoles.

We are NOT doing any games which have had remakes - eg, majoras mask, because people still profit from this

If you have a hard copy of the game, it's fine.

False.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Source: https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

It's stored in RAM which means it's removed as soon as it's closed. Unlike typical downloading we're familiar with hard disks, flash, etc

That doesn't make downloading it legal. You are still, temporarily, using a ROM. Which is not okay.
06/27/2015 8:05 am
FCCAGut12
CheesyRice
thenubslayer2000
FCCAGut12www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=YevQnaduHAo&u=/watch%3Fv%3D7hUs6fCCs4E%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

More stuff for the GameGlass is coming.

[yt]7hUs6fCCs4E[/yt]
Guys - this is the future. All your favourite ROMS of the past, accessible at lightning speeds, no download required, no BIOS fiddling, it's all there. Your entire nostalgia library, at your fingertips. And then there's the fact this isn't limited to games.

06/27/2015 8:03 am
FCCAGut12
TipsyTiger
thenubslayer2000
amazoDog161
I told both Nub and FCA that it's piracy, tried to prove against me.

Here's the plan:

We are NOT doing any games which have had remakes - eg, majoras mask, because people still profit from this

False.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

It's stored in RAM which means it's removed as soon as it's closed. Unlike typical downloading we're familiar with hard disks, flash, etc
06/27/2015 7:30 am
TipsyTiger
thenubslayer2000
amazoDog161

Here's the plan:

False.

06/27/2015 5:02 am
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
amazoDog161

Here's the plan:

06/27/2015 2:51 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/26/2015 10:43 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
-snip-
06/26/2015 8:14 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
thenubslayer2000
FCCAGut12www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=YevQnaduHAo&u=/watch%3Fv%3D7hUs6fCCs4E%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

[yt]7hUs6fCCs4E[/yt]
Guys - this is the future. All your favourite ROMS of the past, accessible at lightning speeds, no download required, no BIOS fiddling, it's all there. Your entire nostalgia library, at your fingertips. And then there's the fact this isn't limited to games.

06/26/2015 5:20 pm
FCCAGut12
How do you embed links? I never could figure that out.
06/27/2015 4:48 am
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Get the youtube link you want:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Then get the watch code, which is in bold
Then put it in the '[yt][/yt]' tags
[yt]dQw4w9WgXcQ[/yt]
06/27/2015 2:52 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/26/2015 4:29 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0

[yt]7hUs6fCCs4E[/yt]
06/26/2015 3:55 pm
FCCAGut12
http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link ... load_owner

06/26/2015 12:39 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
jccreszMC
I'm curious, what GPU does it run on? Also if it's a low end one I'll be surprised...
If this has anything to do with Linux I may need to look into that for performance.
06/26/2015 12:43 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
It's a VideoCore IV GPU and it runs Debian Linux for ARM architectures. But for the streaming, it's your PC GPU that does the work.
06/26/2015 12:42 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
Whatever GPU is in your computer, all it does it stream the games.
06/26/2015 12:03 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
Could you perhaps record another, from a different perspective. That video doesn't really show much other than you have made a small monitor.
06/26/2015 12:21 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
I tried to last time, but it's quite difficult to get a good view of the visor as well as the headset, but I can try again. I need to make a better stand for it to sit on.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome