Horizon | Recruiting | Grand Theft Auto

ChuckNorrised's Avatar ChuckNorrised10/5/14 6:53 pm
10/22/2014 11:22 pm
ChuckNorrised's Avatar ChuckNorrised

Horizon is a professionally owned Grand Theft Auto Survival server with huge plans ahead of us. We have several plugins integrated into our server to offer an experience like none other. Our server is not currently public, but we will be ready to launch in the upcoming weeks.

We are currently in dire need of staff members. Several positions, excluding high ranked staff members, are being accommodated for. These positions can be accommodated for you with the acceptance of a staff application. Openings for positions and the application format follow.

Position Information

Click to reveal
Owner | There is one owner of Horizon, she runs Horizon.
Administrators | There are 3 administrators, they keep the server running smoothly by fixing bugs.
Moderators | There are 3 moderators, they keep the players in check and maintain a safe environment for players.
Builders | All individual builders are put into the Horizon build team where they build for the Horizon server.
Beta Testers | There are 15 beta testers, they test the server for bugs and glitches.
Developers | There are 2 developers, they create and manage plugins.
Graphical Artists | There are 2 graphical artists, they create graphics.
Texture Packer | The texture packer is in charge of creating the Horizon texture pack.

Available Positions

Click to reveal
Texture Packer [0/1]
Graphical Artists [0/2]
Builders [0/-]
Developers [0/2]
Moderators [0/2]
Beta Testers [0/10]

Application

Click to reveal
Name |
Age |
Skype |
Timezone |
Position |
How are you qualified for this position? |
Do you have any prior experience? |
Are you currently working on another server? |
Can you tell us about yourself? |
Do we need to know anything else? |

Regards,
The Horizon Team.
ChuckNorrised
Level 16 : Journeyman Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/22/2014 11:22 pm
ChuckNorrised
Bump, more positions have been added.
10/18/2014 3:13 pm
ChuckNorrised
Now accepting individual builders.
10/17/2014 10:14 pm
ChuckNorrised
Hello Tatum,

You have been accepted. Thank you for applying.

Regards,
The Horizon Team.

tatumtotsName | Tatum
Age | 15
Skype | I would prefer to PM you the username, if that is alright.
Timezone | Eastcoast
Position | Moderator

How are you qualified for this position? | I have a past history of moderating servers, and even some moderating experience in real life situations. I do my best to keep the server community alive, fun, safe, and friendly for players of all kinds. I am able to resolve problems that players may have, along with preventing further problematic situations.

Do you have any prior experience? | I actually have a very fair amount of experience. I have been in a moderator position on three servers, and was eventually promoted to an admin position on two of those servers.

Are you currently working on another server? | I am not.

Can you tell us about yourself? | Sure! I'm 15 and currently studying to be a marine biologist. I live in the US, on the east-coast. I love whales, photography, writing, and Minecraft. I love meeting other people on servers and building friendships with them. And now I'm looking to help other players find a Minecraft server community that they'll love. Hopefully this will be the one!

Do we need to know anything else? | I am available almost all week, but mostly in the afternoons on weekdays. I also have an email and a Kik that can be used as another way to contact me.

Thanks for posting here, I hope you will find the applicants you're looking for.

- Tatum
10/15/2014 2:40 am
Level 1 : New Miner
tatumtots
Name | Tatum
Age | 15
Skype | I would prefer to PM you the username, if that is alright.
Timezone | Eastcoast
Position | Moderator

How are you qualified for this position? | I have a past history of moderating servers, and even some moderating experience in real life situations. I do my best to keep the server community alive, fun, safe, and friendly for players of all kinds. I am able to resolve problems that players may have, along with preventing further problematic situations.

Do you have any prior experience? | I actually have a very fair amount of experience. I have been in a moderator position on three servers, and was eventually promoted to an admin position on two of those servers.

Are you currently working on another server? | I am not.

Can you tell us about yourself? | Sure! I'm 15 and currently studying to be a marine biologist. I live in the US, on the east-coast. I love whales, photography, writing, and Minecraft. I love meeting other people on servers and building friendships with them. And now I'm looking to help other players find a Minecraft server community that they'll love. Hopefully this will be the one!

Do we need to know anything else? | I am available almost all week, but mostly in the afternoons on weekdays. I also have an email and a Kik that can be used as another way to contact me.

Thanks for posting here, I hope you will find the applicants you're looking for.

- Tatum
10/14/2014 11:20 pm
ChuckNorrised
Bump
10/07/2014 7:10 pm
ChuckNorrised
Hello Dalton,

You have been accepted. As for your position, you have been placed as a moderator. Thank you for applying, we'll be adding you to the Skype staff chat soon.

Regards,
The Horizon Team.

SkyloftianLinkName | Dalton
Age | 16
Skype | skyloftianlink
Timezone | CST (GMT - 5)
Position | Moderator or Beta Tester

How are you qualified for this position? | I believe I am qualified due to prior experience on several servers, both as a Tester and a Moderator. I also have some knowledge of both plugin configuration and development.

Do you have any prior experience? | Yes, I have previously been a Moderator on several small servers, most of which have since shut down due to the owner no longer being able to pay for hosting. During my time as Moderator, I had discovered and fixed several bugs, and had also created many scripts within the Denizen plugin that allowed for many unique features.

Are you currently working on another server? | Currently, no. All of the servers I have moderated on have since shut down.

Can you tell us about yourself? | I enjoy learning, which is one of the reasons I applied for this position, as it could be a good learning experience as I hope this server is larger than others I've worked on. I'm also able to stay calm and reasonable while some others turn to the "ban first ask questions later" approach.

Do we need to know anything else? | I have previously been banned several times, although only one of the bans is for a legitimate reason. This was also over a year ago, since then I have matured enough to not do such thing.
10/07/2014 6:16 pm
ChuckNorrised
Thank you for clarification.
thomastigergroundsSorry about this but I made an error in my Skype
10/07/2014 2:20 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
thomastigergrounds
Sorry about this but I made an error in my Skype
10/07/2014 1:58 am
ChuckNorrised
Hello Max,

You have been declined.

Regards,
The Horizon Team.

ZiRoName |Max
Age |16
Skype |you know it
Timezone |central
Position |moderator
How are you qualified for this position? |because you were my brother aniken
Do you have any prior experience? |You know the answer to that one
Are you currently working on another server? |My own server
Can you tell us about yourself? | No, but I could tell you about you
Do we need to know anything else? | I don't know, do you?
10/06/2014 9:46 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
ZiRo
Name |Max
Age |16
Skype |you know it
Timezone |central
Position |moderator
How are you qualified for this position? |because you were my brother aniken
Do you have any prior experience? |You know the answer to that one
Are you currently working on another server? |My own server
Can you tell us about yourself? | No, but I could tell you about you
Do we need to know anything else? | I don't know, do you?
10/06/2014 9:33 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
SkyloftianLink
Name | Dalton
Age | 16
Skype | skyloftianlink
Timezone | CST (GMT - 5)
Position | Moderator or Beta Tester

How are you qualified for this position? | I believe I am qualified due to prior experience on several servers, both as a Tester and a Moderator. I also have some knowledge of both plugin configuration and development.

Do you have any prior experience? | Yes, I have previously been a Moderator on several small servers, most of which have since shut down due to the owner no longer being able to pay for hosting. During my time as Moderator, I had discovered and fixed several bugs, and had also created many scripts within the Denizen plugin that allowed for many unique features.

Are you currently working on another server? | Currently, no. All of the servers I have moderated on have since shut down.

Can you tell us about yourself? | I enjoy learning, which is one of the reasons I applied for this position, as it could be a good learning experience as I hope this server is larger than others I've worked on. I'm also able to stay calm and reasonable while some others turn to the "ban first ask questions later" approach.

Do we need to know anything else? | I have previously been banned several times, although only one of the bans is for a legitimate reason. This was also over a year ago, since then I have matured enough to not do such thing.
10/06/2014 9:26 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
The positions I hold on other servers are, Crafter+ on TCS (waiting for a mod to view my staff application on there), and Builder on WoK.
10/06/2014 7:53 pm
thomastigergrounds
ChuckNorrisedHello thomastigergrounds,

We are being extra considerate of your application, but because you are not in a build team, we have to hold off on accepting you. However, if we do accept your application, you'll be working alongside the build team or personally for staff members. It's your choice. Thank you for taking the time to apply, we will be reviewing the applications further at a later time.

Regards,
The Horizon Team

thomastigergroundsName |Tom
Age |14
Skype |Refrigerator2000
Timezone | AEST
Position | Builder I do not have a build team....

How are you qualified for this position? | I believe I am qualified as a builder as I had previous experiences with most building themes: Sport, Medieval, Space, Modern and old fashioned like haunted.

Do you have any prior experience? | Yes I have worked on many servers before as a builder but none were successful except GalaxyGaming. I was an advanced builder there for 2 months before I got bored of building space themed stuff.

Are you currently working on another server? | No

Can you tell us about yourself? | I have a great sense of humor from the start but I stay mature and my jokes don't get out of hand.

Do we need to know anything else? | Hope I can help out the Horizon team!

Thanks for being considerate of my application. If it doesn't harm you or make things harder I would happily work personally or along side the build team. Thanks again

Thomastigergrounds
10/06/2014 7:38 pm
ChuckNorrised
Hello thomastigergrounds,

We are being extra considerate of your application, but because you are not in a build team, we have to hold off on accepting you. However, if we do accept your application, you'll be working alongside the build team or personally for staff members. It's your choice. Thank you for taking the time to apply, we will be reviewing the applications further at a later time.

Regards,
The Horizon Team

thomastigergroundsName |Tom
Age |14
Skype |Refrigerator2000
Timezone | AEST

How are you qualified for this position? | I believe I am qualified as a builder as I had previous experiences with most building themes: Sport, Medieval, Space, Modern and old fashioned like haunted.

Do you have any prior experience? | Yes I have worked on many servers before as a builder but none were successful except GalaxyGaming. I was an advanced builder there for 2 months before I got bored of building space themed stuff.

Can you tell us about yourself? | I have a great sense of humor from the start but I stay mature and my jokes don't get out of hand.

10/06/2014 6:16 pm
thomastigergrounds
Name |Tom
Age |14
Skype |Refrigerator2000
Timezone | AEST

10/06/2014 5:54 pm
ChuckNorrised
Bump.
10/05/2014 10:53 pm
ChuckNorrised
Hello funny bunny,

I am referring to the positions you're currently pursuing on other Minecraft servers.

Regards,
The Horizon Team.

funny bunny
ChuckNorrisedHello funny bunny,

Yes, this post was removed by a forum moderator yesterday. As for your standing with Horizon, you have been considered. We are very strict about what other positions you hold currently, and you already have 2. We may be able to accommodate a position for you, but it's very unlikely we will be able to. However, you are more than qualified and we'd love to have you aboard even if it's in the future.

Regards,
The Horizon Team.

funny bunnyDid this thread get removed? I don't see it anymore on my recent posts, anyways, was I accepted?

I am a bit confused, what do you mean about the other positions I hold.
10/05/2014 10:27 pm
funny bunny
ChuckNorrisedHello funny bunny,

Yes, this post was removed by a forum moderator yesterday. As for your standing with Horizon, you have been considered. We are very strict about what other positions you hold currently, and you already have 2. We may be able to accommodate a position for you, but it's very unlikely we will be able to. However, you are more than qualified and we'd love to have you aboard even if it's in the future.

Regards,
The Horizon Team.

funny bunnyDid this thread get removed? I don't see it anymore on my recent posts, anyways, was I accepted?

I am a bit confused, what do you mean about the other positions I hold.
10/05/2014 10:22 pm
ChuckNorrised
Hello funny bunny,

Regards,
The Horizon Team.

10/05/2014 7:52 pm
funny bunny
Did this thread get removed? I don't see it anymore on my recent posts, anyways, was I accepted?
10/05/2014 7:32 pm
ChuckNorrised
Hello MaskedCreeper100,

We can't give that information to people who are not associated with the project. Our project is very important to us and it would be a shame if our idea was stolen. We can only disclose our 3 key features: guns, gangs, and drugs.

Regards,
The Horizon Team.

MaskedCreeper100You don't really give
any information on what the project is about....
*pass*
10/05/2014 7:04 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
scoutingparty
You don't really give any information on what the project is about....
*pass*
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome