How to beat Lance in HG/SS

The_Night_Starfish's Avatar The_Night_Starfish3/31/15 11:47 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 20
4/4/2015 11:11 am
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
NOTICE: I JUST BEAT ELITE FOUR THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this.....

but how should I beat the elite four?

My team:

Ho-oh lvl.53
Moves:
Extrasensory
Fire Blast
Fly
Sacred FIre

Raikou lvl.42
Moves:
Roar
Strength
ThunderShock
Rock Smash

Feraligatr lvl.54
Moves:
Cut
Ice Fang
Surf
Hydro Cannon

Dragonair lvl.40
Moves:
Waterfall
Dragon Rush
Facade
Draco Meter

Entei lvl.42
Moves:
Roar
Fire Spin
Stomp
Flamethrower

Lapras lvl.41
Moves:
Whirlpool
Surf
Perish Song
Ice Beam

I already tried to beat the elite four but Lance's Dragonite's Dragon Rush got me.

Update: I just caught a misdreavus. I think I may switch it out with entei.

Poll ended 06/29/2015 11:53 am.

The_Night_Starfish
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/04/2015 10:38 am
Level 24 : Expert Mage
z_ah
Not only is cyndaquil my favorite starter from HG/SS, he is also my favorite POKEMON.
04/04/2015 7:44 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
I love how many moderators decided to nerd out about Pokemon, I feel like doing it also xD
04/04/2015 11:11 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
moderators are human as well, they do things humans do (i think)
04/04/2015 11:07 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I am unashamed. SS is my favorite Pokemon game in terms of features and gameplay and I've owned at least one game for every generation of the series. Pokemon 4ever!

JulianS333Not only is cyndaquil my favorite starter from HG/SS, he is also my favorite POKEMON.

Mine too. Typhosion is so awesome-looking.
04/04/2015 7:51 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Understandable, considering Pokemon is amazin
04/04/2015 8:31 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Yep! xD
04/04/2015 7:31 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Oh my god, Hardest Champion ever. Rage Quitted sooooo many times against Lance. xD

Congrats on your victory.
04/04/2015 7:24 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Congrats ^-^

Out of curiosity, what strategy did you use?
04/03/2015 7:46 pm
The_Night_Starfish
Thanks everyone.

I beat the elite four today! :3

04/01/2015 11:21 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
My strat was Gyarados with the moveset of Dragon Dance, Bite/Crunch, Ice Fang, Waterfall. The coverage of these moves is pretty good and a 3-4 DD on their first pokemon will allow for you to overpower them and outspeed them. I fought Lance the second time after doing Kanto with a lvl 66 Gyarados to his mid 70s team and 1 shot the entire team, even with waterfall which was not very effective as far as type matching was concerned.
03/31/2015 11:08 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
One word:

MAGIKARP!
03/31/2015 10:02 pm
Ash
The_Night_Starfish
It seems like brick break as a TM is only available when I get to Battle Frontier.

But other than that I will be able to make all the other changes,I need a Heart Scale before I can change cut to crunch.

And I also agree that I should do some xp farming.

Ah, I haven't played SS in a long time. In the case of brick break, Seismic Toss "can" work, but it's not a particularly great move. Focus Blast is another option, however it's a spatk type move and doesn't take advantage of Feraligatrs attack. However, I think it'd be a lot better than seismic toss. You can buy it at Goldenrod Dept. Store on the 5th floor.
03/31/2015 1:55 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
PokeyNerds

Azie Vs Snowy??

Azie Knows Pokemon and Snowy is Good At it
03/31/2015 1:37 pm
The_Night_Starfish
Few things to note: If you can, replace Feraligatrs "Cut" with "Crunch", "Hydrocannon" to "Brick Break" and "Surf" to "Waterfall".

It seems like brick break as a TM is only available when I get to Battle Frontier.

But other than that I will be able to make all the other changes,I need a Heart Scale before I can change cut to crunch.

And I also agree that I should do some xp farming.
03/31/2015 12:38 pm
Ash
Few things to note: If you can, replace Feraligatrs "Cut" with "Crunch", "Hydrocannon" to "Focus Blast revised" and "Surf" to "Waterfall".
It would also be a good idea to just grind for levels. The higher levelled the pokemon are, the easier it is.

So first up is Will, a psychic type trainer.

Using the Pokemon you have, your Feraligatr can use "Crunch" to pretty much one-shot his team. Your Raikou will also come in handy for both of his Xatu's. Change "Thundershock" to "thunderbolt" if you can, which will have a higher damage output. When he plays his Exeggutor, I would switch in with your Ho-oh or Entei and use a fire type attack.

Next is Koga, the poison type trainer.

You really need to rely on your Ho-oh here, as Extrasensory will be it's biggest threat to Koga's team. It's fire type will save you a lot, considering 3 of 5 of his team are weak to fire. The other two can be taken out with extrasensory. However, it would be better if you could teach your Ho-oh "psychic" to deal extra damage.

Third is Bruno, the fighting type trainer.

Again, your Ho-oh will be the star of this match, so make sure you have elixers and hyper potions ready. Just spam extrasensory (or Psychic). You can use your Lapras with Surf to take out his Onix

Then Karen, who uses dark type pokemon.

Using Feraligatrs Focus Blast, you can basically destroy an entire team. Switch to Raikou for the Murkrow, and Ho-oh / Entei for the Vileplume. Use a STAB water attack against the Houndoom. Gengar is well... Gengar. You can't use "Focus Blast" against him (if that's still the case in SS/HG), so preferably you can use Ho-oh's "Psychic" or any special STAB move to take him out.

Now for Lance.

If I remember correctly, he opens up with Gyarados, so send in your Raikou and burst it down with "Thunderbolt". From there, it really is up to you. My first choice would be to bring out Lapras, and use perish song first turn, Ice beam second turn and then switch to Feraligatr. Feraligatrs attack / "ice fang" should be enough to deal with the rest of the Dragonites. Bring out Lapras for the Charizard and use "Surf", and "Ice beam" with the Aerodactyl.
Honestly, that should take care of the Elite Four, however if it doesn't, you'll need to rely on your Dragonair to outspeed and outattack the other dragons,which is why it's good to invest in some exp grinding.

Remember: stock up on hyper potions, elixers etc.
03/31/2015 11:04 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Creeper7111

And to you Azie
03/31/2015 12:29 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Feraligatr has a lot of attack, but not enough speed to sweep Lance. If it had Dragon Dance, that might have been another story. For the sake of efficiency, you really should be using Waterfall instead of Surf on Feraligatr to further capitalize on its superior attack stat, unless you got unlucky and landed a Modest Feraligatr.

I use Cyndaquil, so I picked up a Gyarados early-game just for Lance. One or two Dragon Dances + Waterfall + Ice Fang sweep his team very reliably. I like to lead with Ampharos since I seem to remember that he always leads with Gyarados (correct me if I'm wrong), then switch once its been defeated. You could also teach Gyarados Thunderbolt or Thunder and attempt to OHKO his Gyarados, but you might have to train it to 55 or so before its special attack is high enough to do so.

Your team is suffering low speed, which will kill you with Lance. Everything you have on that team that has good speed doesn't have enough type coverage/STAB to sweep him, which is the most painless way to go about defeating him. If you don't want to train a Gyarados, I'd suggest getting a Thunder/Thunderbolt TM and Calm Mind TM for Raikou. The only problem is you'll have to deal with his Aerodactyl mid-fight and that will probably force the switch of Raikou to something else and nullify your Calm Mind boost.
04/01/2015 11:06 am
The_Night_Starfish
So I decided to catch a misdreavius. Do you think if I can train her up that she might be able to make up for my team's slow speed?

I'm just over preparing my pokemon because I don't want to lose half of my money to the elite four.
03/31/2015 12:16 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Lupinum
Sorry, just to add, by looking at what I've wrote above you can see youll need a strong psychic attacker, so Espeon, Alakazam, Slowbro/king. Also Heracross is a really useful bug type and will be sure to take down Karen Single handedly if trained well with the right moves and will take out Bruno's Onix. Perhaps level a Larvitar and cause some destruction with Tyranitar and 'Stealth Rock' on Lance, I'd keep Feraligatr and Raikou in your team, but change up their moves
03/31/2015 12:06 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Lupinum
Haven't played HG/SS but by looking at their teams on Google I can tell you that for Will you'll need bug/dark/ghost attacks mainly, for Koga you'll need fire/psychic attacks, for Bruno you'll want psychic/flying attacks, for Karen you'll want fighting/bug/psychic attacks and for Lance you'll want ice/electric/dragon/rock attacks, Hope that helps you out abit
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome