How can I get more people to play on my server?

Revenge-Raid's Avatar Revenge-Raid8/27/14 12:31 am
8/27/2014 11:43 pm
Revenge-Raid's Avatar Revenge-Raid
Ive had a server up already for more than 2 weeks and I was wondering how I can get more players on? I know I won't get like 300 players at once but people always join the server and ask for op or staff and once they find out that they can't get it they will just leave. About no real players play on the server and in my opinion it's a great server, it has factions that has mcmmo, kitpvp, creative and no lag. I dont even care if 5 people play on the server I just want them to actually play and have a fun time. I did everything everyone says to advertise on planet minecraft and other minecraft forums but no one usually plays. At some points 2 to 3 players will play but usually never more, and most of the time 0 people play. If you have a server that has some people can you tell me a way you got players on that will actually stick around and play? Also if your a youtuber that could review my server I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Revenge-Raid
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/27/2014 6:09 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
LlamaQueen
Why don't you put in Minigames, Factions, RolePlaying and stuff. Let the players build their own cities for all I care. Do what you think people would like. Come up with new minigames even. Download some cool plugins.
08/27/2014 5:35 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
Make a fourm, ask people what kind of server they'd like, and put all of them in. Like, factions, creative, minigames, ect.
08/27/2014 11:43 pm
Revenge-Raid
Lol i do have factions and creative and I am adding minigames =P
08/27/2014 5:29 pm
Revenge-Raid
Also a lot of you guys are writing "be unique" but how exactly is the server suppose to being unique? We build our own spawns? There are hundreds of server out there with mini games? Also if you guys have any advice on a good way to be unique in factions ill be happy to read it. I really want the factions server to be a main thing on the server. And thanks for replying guys I really do appreciative it!
08/27/2014 2:48 am
PineapplesJustice
woops! didnt know it worked, internet was being glitchy :s
08/27/2014 2:47 am
PineapplesJustice
PM your mc username and Ill invite you to my survival realm, looking for a dedicated team to build it from the ground up!
08/27/2014 2:41 am
Level 39 : Artisan Pokemon
MikeStardust
Lets face it, there are hundreds, thousands of minecraft servers out there, be inventive, creative and focus on user experience. Be different, and make sure players know it.
Don't use the usual "cliché" advertising lines, (ex "the most fun", "the best") try something that will get people interested, that is so unique that people will remember it and share with their mates, of the top of my head something like "Notch's cousin in 100th degree server".
Get some quality artwork. Its the face of your server, the first contact players have with your server. Make sure you portray the right image, to the right population you want to attract.
Don't get a pmc free spawn and buildings, spend some time making something beautiful and unique that will make people go to your server to see it and appreciate it.

Those are some advices right there,
Good luck!
08/27/2014 5:26 pm
Revenge-Raid
For your information our staff does work hard to build the spawn and currently we are building another spawn. We have more ideas to add to the server and thanks for the advise it did help!
08/27/2014 2:39 am
PineapplesJustice
PM me your mc username and come play on my minigame server! Survival mode on a realm ( reason for the need of a PM )
08/27/2014 2:26 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
Be original, advertise, be nice to your players, and stay active. Then just wait, if you try hard people will bite.
08/27/2014 1:47 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
thetinybuilder
People like originality. Thats why servers such as Hypixel, Hive and OCTC are successful, its because they are original.
The stuff you have listed here could be found on hundreds of servers.
If you want people, make something original.
08/27/2014 1:28 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1534946
[deleted]
08/27/2014 5:24 pm
Revenge-Raid
Thanks for the idea and about the parkour twist I had an idea before I read this post but I dont really want to say it until its on the server and in my opinion I think its really good and fun, im excited to play it. Also the ip of my server is revenge-raid.no-ip.o r g (no spaces betweet the org)
08/27/2014 1:01 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
mount2010
Turning it to cracked will bring a little players but it opens up ways for people to hack the server,so if want to take the risk,just go to server.propertices and change onlinemode to false.But I recommend you stay on online mode for that extra bit of seruity.(Aslo my brother cannot connect when it's on online mode )
08/27/2014 12:56 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
Smooth_Al
You could do some original things like factions and skyblock and some mini games like paintball and the walls
08/27/2014 1:02 am
mount2010
In OP he said he already had factions.Skyblock is a good idea though
08/27/2014 12:44 am
Revenge-Raid
I was thinking of adding skywars or spleef would that do better?
08/27/2014 12:43 am
Revenge-Raid
zigzager10 yes we do give out youtube ranks and can you explain more about the world of Warcraft thing?
08/27/2014 12:38 am
zigzager10
And yes I am A youtuber I would Review But For A rank And Such Turtlenade On youtube
08/27/2014 12:37 am
zigzager10
How Bout This For A Fact If you Do this You Will Have Players Get Some World Of warcraft Battle Grounds And you Will Have a hundred people PLaying a Day And More Nobody Has That Be The First
08/27/2014 12:35 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Xazzy215
Sorry about me being blunt, but Factions, KitPvP, and Creative are boring, and unoriginal. Minigames are all the hype right now.
08/27/2014 1:30 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Most minigames you'll find are just overused copies or unoriginal knockoffs too...
08/27/2014 12:43 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Minigames are fun, but they will turn out like factions. Overused.

Try thinking about ideas that you want your server to be. Try many many ideas that no one has. Once you found one you like, try it. Maybe others will like it. Not many people get far by copying others. (Some do unfortunately. *COUGH* FLAPPYBIRD!)
08/27/2014 1:13 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Xazzy215
I don't know, the popularity of Minigames arose when the first Hunger Games movie came out, and its just been growing ever since. You are right though, making a minigames server won't instantly get you players, because there are better servers for that, like Mineplex. If you want to have a successful server, come up with a unique idea, because that is how most people are attracted to servers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome