How can a server tell if I use Xray?

hidogs's Avatar hidogs8/22/14 11:18 am
1 emeralds 48.9k 4
8/22/2014 11:52 am
nammerbom's Avatar nammerbom
Please do not turn this into a discussion about wheather xray is wrong. I am aware it is frowned on, but it is my decision if I'm noob enough to use it sometimes.

I was on a server the other day, using Xray. After awhile I got caught, the owner told me he had a pluggin and "It has been confirmed that Xray is installed on your client" and proceeded to ban me.

Next server, one I really enjoy despite it's small size (actually, thats why I enjoy it) I got caught. This time, the owner let me off once I uninstalled, and I haven't used it on that server since. Again, something along the lines of the fact that there was a pluggin that could tell I had Xray installed. How is it possible for servers to find out what mods are installed?
hidogs
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/22/2014 11:52 am
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
There are several anti x-ray plugins out there, and finding someone who xrays is pretty obvious by looking at their mining patterns. Especially if the people have block logging plugins like Core Protect, they can find if you actually took any ores out of where you mined from. I would not recommend using xray cause you will most likely get banned unless the staff is really lazy or stupid, and if you do get off the staff probably will not trust you in the future.
08/22/2014 11:41 am
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
I think a plugin called obfuscated detects it and makes it so every block looks like an ore.
08/22/2014 11:50 am
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
It doesn't detect that a user is using X-Ray; it just detects that a user is requesting data for blocks he couldn't normally see and sends fake data.

OP: the owner could have just used a block logger and monitored you, but if you are using an X-Ray mod that uses LiteLoader, there's a plugin that can be used to query players for LiteLoader mods that they're using.
08/22/2014 11:37 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
*whether

And it's quite easy to tell if someone is using X-ray, all a staff member needs to do is watch you mine straight down to the diamonds. I'm not sure of the plugins that tell the owner if someone is using X-ray, but there are some that prevent it?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome