Filip96's Avatar Filip965/22/17 6:03 pm
5/22/2017 9:06 pm
WorldCreations's Avatar WorldCreations
Well it seems a few forums have died a bit such as
Skinning
Ghosts in the code
Your Creations
So I made a spreadsheet tracking such things
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dAT0jYCfYaN3Dhg_JnCgoFSs0JRrkhon-_zJA9n1KEQ/edit?usp=sharing
Filip96
Level 30 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/22/2017 8:59 pm
Filip96
Chron-snip-

I would be happy to open this spreadsheet up to anyone who would like to make changes.

And yes i know my aliveness meter is uh very broken right now its currently only Alivness=120-(Todays date and time - Date of last post) i earlier included the number of threads/posts and some weighting there however i found it was a terrible implementation of it

I gave 0% weighting for youtube as i had no idea what it was about and i think an actual staff member from pmc would be able to provide better incite on the weightings.

so maybe tomorrow ill try adding in some implementation in the meantime if anyone would like to contribute PM me a gmail account i can add you with

as for the swearing im about to fix that
05/22/2017 8:45 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
I find your measure for "aliveness" (as well as your weight) to be horribly misleading. For example, the Hubs section should honestly be renamed The Anime Hub, because that's the only activity it has weebs and has had for a month. Yet it possesses the most weight and the section as a whole is considered very much alive. Sure, it may have activity, but is one thread alone enough to constitute a "living" section? I would consider living to factor in the creation of threads, as well as the length and depth of said threads. I hate to sound like an old person, but I would not consider the Hubs section to be living, in comparison to the olden days that saw many active hubs with multiple posts and discussions daily I didn't have a hand in killing any of them nope.

Your basis for judging the Server sections is also hella subjective (and has profanity that should be removed, Karrthus/Anime y'all are slacking), based solely on your opinions. Yes, it's horrible in there, but it's still incredibly active. And what makes Hamachi/Offline and Server Events any different? They're just as bad, if not worse in many regards. Why are they alive, by your "standards"?

Also what do any of these numbers even mean? If it has to do with days since the last post, then some of those scores are just straight up false information, as though you plugged in the DEAD rather than using the formula, which would show them being alive.

How come no posts for 2 days means a section is dying? Topics come and go, especially in very specific sections, such as Modding. When new updates occur or new versions of mod programs release, then there are spikes in activity. Having ebbs and flows does not mean that a section is dead, it just serves a very specific purpose.

No idea why the Youtube-related sections don't have any weight at all when they're perfectly active, and why Forum Games/Roleplays/things that don't even see the light of day have the most "weight"

Overall, I find this idea interesting, but this is a very lazy attempt at trying to convey a message. I'd recommend working a little harder to develop a better system that actually encompasses more aspects of the forums before spreading misinformation, or rather meaningless information, like this.
05/22/2017 9:06 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Terraformer
WorldCreations
Huh very interesting
05/22/2017 8:01 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
I'm seeing plenty of green in the spreadsheet. Pretty happy about that, I guess lol
05/22/2017 6:25 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Well, to be fair, some forum areas such as the Site Rules forums and Announcements forums are used only in special occasions and all topics are locked soon after being created.
05/22/2017 6:27 pm
Filip96
That was accounted for
05/22/2017 6:22 pm
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz
I wish I had this much spare time
05/22/2017 6:35 pm
Filip96
I don't have this much spare time
I am a master procrastinator
05/22/2017 6:16 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
new forums should be rolling out soon, so that might resurrect them

by soon its either this summer on in 10 years time
05/22/2017 6:24 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Doubt it lol. But, i'm betting were gonna wait 10 years.
05/22/2017 6:17 pm
Filip96
LoL
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome