How does this build look? I want feed back

jeeperscreeper77's Avatar jeeperscreeper779/2/15 3:25 pm
12/23/2015 3:53 am
nymphaela's Avatar nymphaela
So I built this mine for a prison server and I want to know what i can improve on, I spent about 6 hours building it and I wasn't sure how it turned out. I like it, and the person I showed it to liked it.

Here is the picture:

http://i.imgur.com/cctzwe4.png
jeeperscreeper77
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/23/2015 3:53 am
Level 38 : Artisan Princess
nymphaela
You used a lot of patterns over and over again, the pallete is alright, but i would suggest removing some parts to keep it more clean, like dont use the same pattern over and over again ,aswell dont overdetail, try to keep some parts open x)
12/23/2015 3:31 am
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
It looks way too repetitive. I like the style though.
12/23/2015 3:28 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
Skywing890
Pretty nice Room.
Can you add arches or make the place More Alive.
But pretty good work so far anyways...
12/23/2015 2:19 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
Casseph
The layout is to....squarish. The blocks and wall designs are a bit overused. Maybe a touch of cobblestone, stone, etc. would make it look more alive. Maybe change up the designs as it go ups higher.

The ceiling looks a bit too flat. Some more details, maybe even a dome? I think that some arches could make this look nice. I see that on the ceiling you added fences coming down with glow stone sticking at the end of it, It looks too simple.

This build is a good start.
09/06/2015 3:15 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Here's a couple of pointers. First, when using a grid, try to make either the horizontal or the vertical lines stand out more than the others. That way it looks less like a grid.

Second, for said grid, make the spaces larger. if a wall is 30x30, instead of making 6 grids of 5 by 5, make 3 grids of 10x10. This means you need less boxes, so it looks less repetitive
Third and last, make each gridbox a little different, try to connect them across the grid and take them outside it. Try to make people believe that there never was a grid, yourself included. Once you manage that, you can ignore the grid entirely and just stitch the content of the boxes into 1 big build.
09/06/2015 3:06 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
It's fine, but make it less "The same"
By that I mean; try to make variations of the blocks you use. It can get pretty annoying to look at over time if it's the same bright coloured blocks everywhere.

So I would recommend: Use a few other blocks such as Cobble, og Stonebrick, and then add a few darker blocks such as Spruce Wood, Stained_Clay, or Something that fits
09/06/2015 2:46 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Ranger
MattShadow_
Pretty good!
You are very good at building!
09/06/2015 2:45 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
I love it! The only (minor) issue I have with it is that the build is kinda plain.
Maybe a little more variety with the blocks? Otherwise, it's awesome!
09/06/2015 2:37 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
txg_
i did think a lot of copy paste was used, nice patterns although rather repetitive but generally a nice build.
good job
09/02/2015 3:43 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
jeeperscreeper77
Thanks guys I can redo the floor, I kinda agree it does look like someone set it with /set (The only world edit I used was copy and pasting)
09/02/2015 3:35 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Captain_Hd_
Hey, not bad at all quite nice actually Keep it up
09/02/2015 3:29 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
dasrafa
Good job dude! This is a very good build! The ground looks messy though, I think you shouldnt make it look like someone did just do //set (block,block,block,block,block)
But the walls and the part of the roof I cansee, which isnt that big though Is looking well!
The only tip I give you is making the floor less of a chaos, for the rest: Good work!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome