How do I draw good lines in photoshop?

ItsScootz's Avatar ItsScootz9/1/14 11:30 pm
1 emeralds 518 7
9/6/2014 3:34 pm
delusi0nal's Avatar delusi0nal
My lines look bad.
[simg]i.gyazo.com/20571be4025a1def114a6a254874e2ba.png/simg]

I am a new artist, and I want my lines to look good. Could anyone recommend me to a angled brush, or tell me any secret I may not know?

Regards,

Scootz
ItsScootz
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/06/2014 3:34 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pixel Painter
delusi0nal
OR you can draw the lines as fast as you can and erase the part that is over board and it looks nice.
Drawing lines as fast as you can makes the line look smoother, but if it's a curve then you also draw as fast as you can.
This takes a lot of practice and no lazy stuff going on.
Also if your program has a rotation tool then it will make it easier for you.
Make sure to use this as much as you can.
Ya.
09/02/2014 7:58 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
joshyorkk
You should use Adobe Illustrator so that you can size up/down without becoming pixelated. Also, you shouldn't be deceptive about your experience level.
09/02/2014 7:55 pm
benasx33
If you're using a table to draw with its because of the setting you've chosen. On the line where you can change this (Mode, Opacity:, etc etc) At the top to the very right of that line is a little button pressed. 2 Circles with a pen. This is a point pressure system for tablet. Meaning when angled it makes irregular lines as in real life. Un checking this will give you perfect lines.
09/02/2014 11:43 am
Level 39 : Artisan Artist
Chawawaa
If your wanting to draw smooth lines with photoshop try using the pen tool. If you're using a tablet it just takes practice to get the lines straight and perfect. Also the line tool in photoshop comes in handy as well when wanting straight lines.
09/02/2014 11:21 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
I am confused. On this post you say "I am a new artist", but your profile says
"Hello, i'm Scootz. I am a professional graphic designer. " If you were professional I would think they teach you about photoshop.

So do you have a degree in graphic designing?

Also for your question, I use photoshop to, and I struggle with lines to. It doesn't seem to have the line auto smoothing tool like Art Rage does from what I can find.
09/02/2014 11:13 am
ItsScootz
bump
09/01/2014 11:37 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
TerraNovaServers
Well for one thing you're attempting to make curved lines with a bitmap program (Like making a sphere in minecraft)
If you want something smoother use a textbox or get something like Inkscape, which is free.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome