How to flatten a section of land commands?

freakstreams's Avatar freakstreams3/6/15 4:54 am
1 emeralds 34.6k 8
3/9/2015 7:30 pm
AkirAssasin's Avatar AkirAssasin
Hey guys, I'm new here so take it easy on me lol. Ok I have a 1.8 server set up on a stand alone PC, got it set up nicely but the world it created is all hilly and bumpy, is there a way, such as a op command or server command for me to be able to flatten out a selected section of land? I don't mind most of it being hilly but I'd like some flat lands to build on.

**Edit** I have Forge and Optifine installed if that means anything to anyone (I'm a total noob at PC minecraft)
freakstreams
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/09/2015 4:37 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Pokemon
Nevin
If you use World Edit you can use the brush commands to flatten areas.

Steps:

1. Get a tool such as diamond pickaxe

2. Use /brush smooth [-n] [size] [iterations]

Tip. It also comes with the /mask command. Uses, /mask stone = Only targets stone to smooth.

Link to brush wiki [url]wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Brushes[/url]
03/08/2015 1:40 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
BtwItsTiger
Just saying, world edit doesnt REQUIRE spigot. I've used it on bukkit for years
03/09/2015 7:30 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
He's on 1.8, bukkit has stopped during 1.7+ so he can only use Spigot.
03/06/2015 9:11 pm
freakstreams
Ok great, for now ill use the /fill command and ill look in to Spigot, I kinda like complex things, im in to coding with java and other languages so I should be able to pick it up lol. Thanks for your help
03/06/2015 4:58 pm
freakstreams
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, this worldedit you have both suggested and spigot... are they server plugins or mods or are they player mods? Sorry I am still getting used to all this so I apologize if what im asking is basic knowledge to most people lol. Is there any vids or something that shows how to do these things?
03/06/2015 7:11 pm
AkirAssasin
Spigot is a kind of server software for Minecraft and WorldEdit is one of the many plugins for Spigot. To get Spigot there's some complex stuff involved, so I suggest using /fill. If you are on 1.8, /fill would work on any server.
03/06/2015 6:09 am
AkirAssasin
If on vanilla, do /fill air. But if you already have worldedit, I suggest you do that because it's easier.
03/06/2015 5:44 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter
Neptune_Sage
Install spigot and add world edit plugin, than just select area with wooden axe and type //set 0, that will set selected area to 0 or better said nothing. (it will basicly set all block to air)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome