How to get motivation to do homework

paintsniffer's Avatar paintsniffer10/21/14 4:53 pm
10/21/2014 7:52 pm
Aekor's Avatar Aekor
It is 9:45pm Monday 21th October 2014 and I still haven't done 2 pieces of homework due for tomorrow. Reason? I simply don't have the motivation to do it. Don't get me wrong, I am perfectly capable of doing it and it isn't too boring or would even take particularly long to do (20 minutes or so). I just that whenever I start it I get distracted by one of my friends messaging me on Snapchat or Facebook etc and never really get into a groove of doing it.

So please let me know how you manage to do this task that everyone has to do. Just a quick note I have to do this on PC as it's a research task.

EDIT: I have perfectly fine grades- On track for A's to A* (apart from french but french is ugh). I'm 13 (14 on the 30 November) so I think I would be in Middle School if I was educated in America.
paintsniffer
Level 11 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/21/2014 7:52 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Artist
Aekor
Well, when I have tons of homework and I know that I need to get it done fast, I usually call one of my friends on Skype and talk with them about the homework (I call someone with the same homework as I do, so that we can work out the problems together and keep each other on task.) I set up a time that we NEED to get started on it, and then work on it 'till it's done. If it's just a small amount of homework I put on one song (it's always the same song on a loop, having one song for every-day homework really helps me) and then just work with the music on.
10/21/2014 7:44 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Dragon
Death Incarnate
Try to do it some place that's void of distractions. Like outside, maybe in your room.
10/21/2014 7:31 pm
Level 41 : Master Network
Mortifer
Dont do them. Its a trap.
10/21/2014 7:26 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
Elkus
lawl. Just don't do it, grow up, don't get a job, lose all your privileges, and live as hobo or in your parents basement.
10/21/2014 7:21 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Proxiify
This!
EpicballzyShut everything off... Maybe if you have a small stereo, turn it on and listen to some tunes while doing your hw. That's what I do and I don't get distracted at all.
10/21/2014 7:16 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
10/21/2014 7:19 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
Also, what helps me is just thinking that i can do whatever I want when i finish my homework.I just power through the work with the mindset that i can get it overwith then have time to myself (or sleep, since it's usually late at night when I struggle with doing homework).
10/21/2014 7:27 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
Elkus
this too.
10/21/2014 6:22 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
ShadowCatEXE
Shut everything off... Maybe if you have a small stereo, turn it on and listen to some tunes while doing your hw. That's what I do and I don't get distracted at all.
10/21/2014 5:19 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
basketballer05
I just hide all of my electrical devices, and go into a completely separate room, and work on what I have to, sometimes a tiny bit more.

This is coming from a person who could be doing his homework right now.
10/21/2014 5:07 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
starrypixel
Find some junk food in the house that you like to eat or a video game you like to play. This also works for TV shows or anything else you can think of. Whenever you do half a piece of homework you can eat some of your chosen junk food or play a few mins of the game or watch half an episode, and then continue doing hw, repeat. It works for me at least and you get to take breaks while also rewarding/motivating yourself
10/21/2014 5:04 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I had a huge problem with this in school and the only thing that helped me was doing my homework away from home. Staying at school for homework or going to a library really helped me focus on my work. This isn't really a last minute fix for something that's due the next day unless you can quickly get to a library, but it could help you get your homework done in the future.
10/21/2014 5:08 pm
paintsniffer
I might try getting to school a bit earlier in order to do this (I seem to be more productive doing homework in school than out), spending time after school in school just gives me the shivers :')
10/21/2014 4:56 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
Maybe try to get involved in a extracurricular activity that you enjoy that will kick you out if you don't have good grades. Ex. a sport, beta club, etc. I don't need this motivation but if you do then this could work.
10/21/2014 5:03 pm
paintsniffer
I currently do badminton and football outside of school. I think it's more of a case that I simply don't want to do something that doesn't interest me.
Side note: (please don't take this as being arrogant) It's not that I'm failing in my subjects, I'm a pretty smart child. I simply don't do homework or do it during the school day it's due in. I would love to be able to do it the day I get it but I can't bring myself to do it.
10/21/2014 4:57 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Lol that didn't help me get my homework done.
10/21/2014 5:01 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
That would just take time away from me.
Are you in high school or junior high (middle school, secondary school, etc.)?
If you're in junior high, you don't have to worry too much. You basically just get a grade for showing up.
If you're in highschool, just think that you're going to get no where in life if you don't get all A's. Obviously that's not true, but it's some sort of motivation.

What I did, since I liked to play on my computer a LOT, is I had my dad set up Parental Controls on my computer (horrid, I know), so I could only be on between certain hours, and I could only be on for a certain time before requiring his password. It helped a lot. I was less temped to play games, and kind of weened off the whole gaming thing altogether. My grades are rocking, I'm making lots more friends, and overall I'm more sociable.
Not saying this will work for you, but might as well give it a shot.
10/21/2014 4:55 pm
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
Do it outside without a shirt thats what I do to motivate me xD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome