How to get people on your server!

KidKomar's Avatar KidKomar9/21/14 10:05 pm
1 emeralds 520 9
9/22/2014 7:19 am
10Andrew's Avatar 10Andrew
Hello guys my name is KidKomar and I have a problem. I have been running a server for the past 2 months with another friend of mine. Our server is great. It's all setup with cod zombies, free for all, team deathmatch, capture the flag, factions, spleef, and paintball. Yet with all these game modes setup we still only get 3 people a day which is our staff! Were finished with everything. We even setup the V.I.P. Rank. How do you get people on your server? Also when I so get people on my server they swear and ask for staff then leave! I need a big supportive community on my server how do I get that?

My server is called ApocoMC here is the ip if you want to see for yourself.

162.252.10.209:26130
KidKomar
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/22/2014 7:19 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
Best way to get people ON your server is advertising. Post in on planet minecraft server section with a good description, post in on the fourm section, tell your friends and after a while it will start to gain momentum.

I would also recommend starting a youtube channel in the name of your server and posting a few trailers, games, ect. Don't expect it to get thousands of views but it should help a little.

My BEST advice would be too get some of your friends that play minecraft with maybe a few people that offer to help and come together to make a decent sized project and post it. Then you can just say that they can come on line to see it at IP HERE. Whatever you do their is very little way to make sure that you get a good community.
09/22/2014 1:49 am
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
Xivics
The best way to start a server popularity is to just have friends you already know in real life join the server. Get them to tell their friends and have a non-buggy, easy to start server.
09/22/2014 1:35 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Circuit Craft
Think about how many successful servers you name right off the bat.
Mineplex, Shotbow, and a few others.
Now think about how many servers exist.
A lot.

Those are your chances of being successful. Even if you have a good server, you need a lot of luck for the right people to join your server. Sometimes, advertising and contacting YouTubers helps.

Server listings help too, and they are free. Encourage your players to vote but don't go overboard.

But advertising will never work if your players are not cared for by a loving staff, if your server has lag, or if the server is boring/not unique. Also, some people will hate pay to win servers, so make sure your VIP rank is fair.

And, finally, don't use Enjin. Ever. It's outdated, and looks really bad no matter how much work you put into it.
09/22/2014 6:54 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheCackleBeast
Do not be discouraged by this guy! He is wrong! Well, if he is trying to say your defs not gonna get a server as big ad shotbow, he is right. But it's defiantly possible to get 10-30 people online 24/7. If you have a giant hub server with lots of staff and get sponsored on like 3 listing sites(this is gonna cost you about $500 to do) you will get like 100+ players. But the server will be like $150 per month but you could always do EULA compliment donations. Also, a unique idea like mine can get a good amount of players(all though in only want 20 people on 24/7).
09/22/2014 1:22 am
Level 26 : Expert Engineer
RobhieMattz
1 WORD "ADVERTISE"
09/22/2014 2:54 am
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
Z645
He is advertising. But that's bringing him the wrong group of players.

Also an addition: for staff. Sometimes the beggers who join servers demanding staff rank. Actually are beneficial. Take advantage of them
09/21/2014 11:46 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
Z645
You need to hire a bunch of trusted staff, make sure they're online a lot. Once that happens, new users will see a lot of users online and will most likely feel welcomed to an already built community. It's hard to get people to join if you only have 2/50 players on it.
09/22/2014 12:13 am
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
What he said, and try to have very few staff members, no one likes a server where there are more staff on than actual players. Also try and hire staff members who are in different timezones
09/21/2014 10:22 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Lumberjack
mcjared
Its hard to get a server going mate.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome